TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Danny craven

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Danny craven is the only widnes player that is making an appearance against keighley for workington town.
Very good player, plays half back or full back.

#2 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Excellent news Kieran.

#3 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

I wouldn't have thought halfbacks or fullbacks are what we need right now. We need a couple of forwards and maybe a centre to replace what we have missing. Any news on Acton ? what a miss he has been.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

I wouldn't have thought halfbacks or fullbacks are what we need right now. We need a couple of forwards and maybe a centre to replace what we have missing. Any news on Acton ? what a miss he has been.

my thoughts exactly, we have 4 fit halfbacks in forber,callum,lupton and connor, but a severe lack of size without coward,acton and brett. now i know lawton hasnt been ripping up trees for us but he is also a natural forward and puts weight into our pack. craven is a talent but a halfback in for one game is an odd choice, but if he can bring the backs into play then it could turn into a very good move.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Need to keep him in a town shirt our best player tonight by a mile

#6 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

I am hoping back to Widnes as he is much better than white.The problem is Betts will keep playing Brown even though been awful.Mellor I admit has been very good but seems because of his name they pick Brown.But for me I drop him, and say he needs to earn his place.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 31 May 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#7 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I am hoping back to Widnes as he is much better than white.The problem is Betts will keep playing Brown even though been awful.Mellor I admit has been very good but seems because of his name they pick Brown.But for me I drop him, and say he needs to earn his place.

I wouldn't drop brown, on a good day he's unstoppable! As I support huddersfield, when he used to play for us he was class or even try him at loose

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

We can only dream of these 'problems'... Drop Kevin Brown , bring in Danny Craven etc etc . Mellor , White in the mix ...Don't ya feel sorry for them working this out !!!

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

We can only dream of these 'problems'... Drop Kevin Brown , bring in Danny Craven etc etc . Mellor , White in the mix ...Don't ya feel sorry for them working this out !!!

to be fair kevin brown is hopeless, i would rather have coyle

#10 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

to be fair kevin brown is hopeless, i would rather have coyle

Someone agrees with me.haha.Been serious Brown has not played well but I am sure will come good.Last year Clarke was awful, but this year has been great.Coyle that one is a classic mate and you must be desperate.Anyway if Craven is not in our squad I try get him on a month to month contract.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Widnesrlfc , what's the situation with Grant Gore ? There was lots of talk about him linking up with us early doors but he came and went in no time . Is he a good prospect in the halves ? Could he do us a good job . We can't judge him on one game so the jury's out at the minute ?

#12 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

I wouldn't drop brown, on a good day he's unstoppable! As I support huddersfield, when he used to play for us he was class or even try him at loose

A few on the Widnes message board are saying play him at loose forward.But I think Kev wants to play stand off.His kicking game has been poor for a halfback in general play this year.

#13 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Widnesrlfc , what's the situation with Grant Gore ? There was lots of talk about him linking up with us early doors but he came and went in no time . Is he a good prospect in the halves ? Could he do us a good job . We can't judge him on one game so the jury's out at the minute ?

He seems to be getting in the 19 recently but never in the first 17 on match day.I saw him in the Academy a few times and was a good tackler and ok kicking game.Feel been unlucky with injuries last few years to judge, and is much better than Coyle.The lad can scoot and also score tries mate,but I feel needs game time like Adam Lawton has recently.

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

That kind of lad who doesn't figure and needs game time is the kind we could take on loan and have a run of games ... Just someone from outside to freshen us up with that SL mentality and pedigree we saw last night with new ideas and threat .Keith's right they don't hand SL contracts out like sweets. We could use this break to scout around to get a 7 who isn't figuring somewhere in on loan. Craven ideally but he's to good by the look of it , Gore or someone else from another club ?

Edited by DavidM, 31 May 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#15 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

That kind of lad who doesn't figure and needs game time is the kind we could take on loan and have a run of games ... Just someone from outside to freshen us up with that SL mentality and pedigree we saw last night with new ideas and threat .Keith's right they don't hand SL contracts out like sweets. We could use this break to scout around to get a 7 who isn't figuring somewhere in on loan. Craven ideally but he's to good by the look of it , Gore or someone else from another club ?

If I was your coach I get Gore and Craven on loan and Lawton.There is a few players back in a few weeks time.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 31 May 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Time to get all the help we can get . We need a freshen up and the players need a shake up . These guys have talent and they have an attitude that's drummed into them from their environment which could rub off on our guys . A half or two and a big forward fine , and a centre would be good . Just two or three players in the right positions makes all the difference doesn't it ?

Edited by DavidM, 31 May 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Time to get all the help we can get . We need a freshen up and the players need a shake up . These guys have talent and they have an attitude that's drummed into them from their environment which could rub off on our guys . A half or two and a big forward fine , and a centre would be good . Just two or three players in the right positions makes all the difference doesn't it ?

Your answer DavidM is in this evenings paper where the coach says that in the 10 days before we play Leigh they will work hard in training and he hopes to have Acton, Brett Phillips and JAMIE COYLE back for that game.    Now is that foolhardy or just plain daft when he could be getting maybe Craven or Gore?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Loyalty could have its price , I really hope not .

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Your answer DavidM is in this evenings paper where the coach says that in the 10 days before we play Leigh they will work hard in training and he hopes to have Acton, Brett Phillips and JAMIE COYLE back for that game. Now is that foolhardy or just plain daft when he could be getting maybe Craven or Gore?

work hard at training? what have they been doing before now then? maybe if we could train as a full squad for more than once a week then it could help.

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

There just platitudes wonky that all coaches come out with in all sports after a loss . Meaningless . Work hard in games is what we need , I'm sick and tired of every game being the same - 40 good and 40 tripe . It's same old same old . Your not beating Leigh with that , and all games become a struggle .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users