Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Signing on fees

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Can I just ask anybody in the know, if we give yearly signing on fees to players BEFORE the season starts. I ask because last year, we lost Wildbore and Nicholson before the season started and this year we lost a couple who signed on [I can't remember who offhand]. If we do, could we not make the payments at the end of the season, depending on how much they play?

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#2 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

no

#3 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

no

some do believe me ?

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,487 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Signing on fees - in the sense of 30 years ago - aren't in vogue these days. Tax rules change. They used to be tax free. Now they're not.

You can always make money conditional on playing but it makes your club a less attractive option for the player. You have to weigh the costs against the benefits.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users