League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Is anyone in favour of a national stadium for rugby league?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#201 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

all major stadiums are multi purpose do you think people don't know that? Oh I forgot Doncaster and York Race Courses major venues for non horse racing purposes and events.

Does the area, even the country  need anew  large venue? 

can the RFL get the money together?

How re things at the Don Valley stadium?

As for leaving the swimming pool: well you'll have to wait for someone to scoop you out-a dirty job but somebody's got to do it.

been away for the weekend, but i see the swimming pool is still a subcutaneous issue with you.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#202 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,657 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

been away for the weekend, but i see the swimming pool is still a subcutaneous issue with you.

Don't flatter yourself
It was you that mentioned leaving the swimming pool. I merely suggested the mode of egress. Your back: it just means somebody's dropped another ###### in

This ice rink that is to make your new multi million pound major sports stadium viable: I'm intrigued, kind of. Let's hear more
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#203 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

all right, one last go then i'll leave you alone, after all, it must be difficult to type, with your head up your backside. you cannot imagine odsal being our national r/l stadium, even though the rfl hold the lease. ok, it needs some redevelopment, which can be done over time and not overnight. you cannot imagine this stadium having an artificial pitch, a la widnes.. you cannot imagine this pitch being used by clubs other than bradford during spells of bad weather. such a pitch should be available 7 days a week. you cannot imagine a temporary ice rink (like the one they have in millenium square in leeds) being ONE alternative source of revenue out of the rugby season, and i only used this as an example. is it beyond you to come up with an alternative use. good job they didn't come to you all those years ago and suggest having speedway there and rolling up the corners of the pitch.you would have just ridiculed them. i'll go now and let you pull that to bits, after all, it's easier to be destructive than constructive.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#204 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,657 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

all right, one last go then i'll leave you alone, after all, it must be difficult to type, with your head up your backside. you cannot imagine odsal being our national r/l stadium, even though the rfl hold the lease. ok, it needs some redevelopment, which can be done over time and not overnight. you cannot imagine this stadium having an artificial pitch, a la widnes.. you cannot imagine this pitch being used by clubs other than bradford during spells of bad weather. such a pitch should be available 7 days a week. you cannot imagine a temporary ice rink (like the one they have in millenium square in leeds) being ONE alternative source of revenue out of the rugby season, and i only used this as an example. is it beyond you to come up with an alternative use. good job they didn't come to you all those years ago and suggest having speedway there and rolling up the corners of the pitch.you would have just ridiculed them. i'll go now and let you pull that to bits, after all, it's easier to be destructive than constructive.

I can imagine anywhere being rugby league's national stadium, including odsal
The problems start when you have to analyse the situation even remotely rationally

All major modern stadiums and many minor ones are multi purpose and have been for a long time: it's a no brainier,
Check out the events calendar of any major venue in the country

The issues are this
Raising the cash to build the stadium- odsal would have to be completely rebuilt and its geological issues addressed at great expense

The new stadium would then enter the already crowded market place if stadiums raising revenue by staging events
The don valley stadium has already gone belly up

Even for major rugby league games the rugby league watching public particularly from again your neck if the (back)woods won't go to rugby league events for their own pathetic reasons- see threads passim even in your clubs own 'forum'

Don't give up the day job on the fairground
Keeping it local

#205 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I can imagine anywhere being rugby league's national stadium, including odsal
The problems start when you have to analyse the situation even remotely rationally

All major modern stadiums and many minor ones are multi purpose and have been for a long time: it's a no brainier,
Check out the events calendar of any major venue in the country

The issues are this
Raising the cash to build the stadium- odsal would have to be completely rebuilt and its geological issues addressed at great expense

The new stadium would then enter the already crowded market place if stadiums raising revenue by staging events
The don valley stadium has already gone belly up

Even for major rugby league games the rugby league watching public particularly from again your neck if the (back)woods won't go to rugby league events for their own pathetic reasons- see threads passim even in your clubs own 'forum'

Don't give up the day job on the fairground

i do believe you are from the same backwoods as me, (well not really, i'm from purston jaglin, much posher)..  if i were on the fairground, i would be on the waltzer, you , on the other hand, would be a coconut. you already have the looks.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#206 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,657 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

i do believe you are from the same backwoods as me, (well not really, i'm from purston jaglin, much posher).. if i were on the fairground, i would be on the waltzer, you , on the other hand, would be a coconut. you already have the looks.

Brilliant contribution to the discussion
Being a 'backwoodsman' is a state of mind you are clearly struggling to come to terms with that first dimension

Now how about actually talking about the issues under duscussion
Keeping it local

#207 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Brilliant contribution to the discussion
Being a 'backwoodsman' is a state of mind you are clearly struggling to come to terms with that first dimension

Now how about actually talking about the issues under duscussion

no thanks, i've only been on here cos i was asked to keep you busy. bye

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#208 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Do you two not get on ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richie boy, that's the post of the week so far!!! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#209 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richie boy, that's the post of the week so far!!! :lol:

he's ok, he's just something i use to pass the time. me n my mate have a little wager to see how long we can keep him on. having said that, i've had loads of messages from people saying what a great idea it is to have a skating rink at odsal.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users