TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Another bonus point thrown away

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

only 10 points down at half time with the wind behind us 2nd half a nd we still never looked like getting a 40/20 in the 2nd half,  at 16-20 with 35 mins to go we could have won that game with a decent kicking game in them conditions nevermind not getting a bonus point.Yere once again proved unstopable near the line in the 1st half and predictably Patch Walker and Brambini made tries with kicks which we just cant defend week after week.Afraid we get beat at half back everyweek, Grimmer as expected proving a massive loss.

Posted Image

#2 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

16-20 and we have 6 tackles 30 yards out with a chance to take the lead then Aichurch throws the ball away on first tackle. Then all went wrong especially with that big ginger goon Stokes running about like an injured giraffe. I'd love to stick that whistle up his ****. Does he live next door to the ground or something? He seems local!

#3 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

It was just our luck the gale force wind dropped in the 2nd half. Yere is only good 5 yards from the line and useless in the rest of the pitch. We should of exposed him attacking down his side, if we gave keinhurst the space. as he would run round him everytime. But our non existent tactical play let us down.

With 5 mins to go, why did we persist with the wingers driving it in, we needed a try be expansive for once Hunslet!!

#4 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

I thought Coyle had been brought in as a tactical kicker, we never used him in the 2nd half, i just hope Moon or Watkins dont get injured and Leeds need a centre..

Posted Image

#5 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

We have just been narrowly beaten by the defending champions and current league leaders, I thought we put up a great effort!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#6 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

...and so another "morning after" where we can all sit down and analyse where it all went wrong. At 16-20 after 45 minutes, the wind behind us and the Eagles on the back foot, the three points - never mind the bonus point - was there for the taking.

So what do we do? Windley throws a pass a mile forward from dummy half. Five minutes later, we get a penalty, Achurch drops it on the first tackle. Another five minutes later, somebody chelps to the referee whilst we are in possession of the ball in our half. Do we NEVER learn?

And just as worryingly, the rub of the green - the 50/50 calls and the bounces of the ball - are going against us. Even being last weeks TV game went against us - Eagles hooker Henderson was summariser on that match, he's one of the sharpest tools in the box and it was noticeable how some of the better players that night - Coyle, Yates, Houston, were very well watched last night.

Thought the much talked about (on here anyway!) Watson had probably his best game for us, Haley and Menzies looked strong, Keinhorst took his tries well but overall Mapals was my MOM.

There are of course plenty of games to go but the chances are we'll be in the drop zone by Sunday night and let's face it, it ain't gonna be easy to get out.

On another note, it is all too often not a particularly pleasant atmosphere on the top deck these days and last night was one of the worst, to an extent that myself and one or two others felt the need the go to the Eagles supporters after the match to apologies for our own fans' behaviour. I think some supporters need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Remember, isn't the idea of "Ladies Night", and inviting local schoolkids to games to try and get them to become regulars at matches? With atmospheres like last night's, NO CHANCE !

#7 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

only 10 points down at half time with the wind behind us 2nd half a nd we still never looked like getting a 40/20 in the 2nd half,  at 16-20 with 35 mins to go we could have won that game with a decent kicking game in them conditions nevermind not getting a bonus point.Yere once again proved unstopable near the line in the 1st half and predictably Patch Walker and Brambini made tries with kicks which we just cant defend week after week.Afraid we get beat at half back everyweek, Grimmer as expected proving a massive loss.

Yere only ran about 10 yards all last night and couldn't stop Keinhorst scoring a couple himself. Without their full back and a good kicking game, we could have beaten them, that's all they had. Thought Watson and Mapals played well, but we don't manoeuvre Coyle or whoever, into position to get in good kicks.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#8 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Think a couple of our long established players are past their sell by date.-- and

if we can't have Moore or Singleton why do we have to get Achurch.--

hope we've seen the last of last night referee for this season.

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yere is only good 5 yards from the line and useless in the rest of the pitch. We should of exposed him attacking down his side, if we gave keinhurst the space. as he would run round him everytime.

Good luck with that plan.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

As a number have said at 16 - 20 that games was there for the taking, but even with the wind it seems the kicking game is still loose to say the least and simple errors just cripple the momentum and territorial battle.

To be fair Hunslet are not that far away from being a very competitive side in the league if they can cut out the stupid errors, learn to play out sets to a good kick play and speed up the defensive line.

Again thought Hoody, Watson and Keinhorst added much needed input and go forward. Hoody looks very good scooting on quick plays with a runner in support and gets the pack moving. Mapals looked good last night too.

Well onto the next one!

#11 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Spot on Rugby Fann , as regarding the next one Rooney will kick us to death andJessie Joe Parker will do us for a bonus point, its that predictable im afraid.
Posted Image

#12 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Incredibly frustrating watching Hunslet of late. We undoubtedly have the ability to match most teams in the division in both the pack and the threequarters, but consistently have no ability to create.

Don't understand why we bring in Coyle who is a scrum half/hooker with great ability round the ruck, then play him at 6 where he cant exercise the best parts of his game. Luke Helliwell astonishes me week on week with regards to his obvious lack of technical ability and general ability as a rugby league player, everything he touched last night was horrendous!

It's all good and well saying we did OK against the reigning champions but the reason we failed to come away from last night with anything was because of our lack of ability to create, not because of Sheffield's superiority.  

Even with a fully fit Grimmer we're crying out for a Paul Cooke, Simon Brown, Jamie Rooney, Danny Jones or even Neil Roden type half back. Obviously affordability is a huge stumbling block but I Luke Helliwell's pay packets could be put to better use. 

Posted Image

#13 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

I've been told off for slating people on here so I will only be constuctive.
I do believe this is a great team in the making, but like previous postings we are crying out for a 6 and 7. I'm yet to see what the fuss is about with Grimmer but informed it will come (will have to be next season now).
Helliwell is up and down. Why not bring in Sutcliffe from Leeds? He won't be playing much longer in the first team when the regulars are back. As for Achurch, not sure he adds the same value as Moore or others in the wings.
Lets start to give our players a fine if they back chat and concede penalties from doing so, as we are always 12 nil down because of it.
I missed that game as I'm abroad but will buy the DVD when I get back.
Sounds like a good performance though, but we need to practice in training the play the balls to the kicker then kicking for 40/20s. IMO anyway.

#14 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

As for tactical kicking I don't think our coaching team have reached that chapter yet in the coaching manual.

#15 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

As for tactical kicking I don't think our coaching team have reached that chapter yet in the coaching manual.

Don't think our coaching staff have got past page 1 of coaching manual.we do well when we move the ball,but most of the time its one man rugby and kicking game is horrendous.I have said before on here we have the potential but still same mistakes every match

#16 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Incredibly frustrating watching Hunslet of late. We undoubtedly have the ability to match most teams in the division in both the pack and the threequarters, but consistently have no ability to create.

Don't understand why we bring in Coyle who is a scrum half/hooker with great ability round the ruck, then play him at 6 where he cant exercise the best parts of his game. Luke Helliwell astonishes me week on week with regards to his obvious lack of technical ability and general ability as a rugby league player, everything he touched last night was horrendous!

It's all good and well saying we did OK against the reigning champions but the reason we failed to come away from last night with anything was because of our lack of ability to create, not because of Sheffield's superiority.  

Even with a fully fit Grimmer we're crying out for a Paul Cooke, Simon Brown, Jamie Rooney, Danny Jones or even Neil Roden type half back. Obviously affordability is a huge stumbling block but I Luke Helliwell's pay packets could be put to better use. 

u can go back to P MARCH days josh he unloaded players and others left for other reasons most were expierenced players good kickers in open play and out of hand ,i know its old hat but if he had not chosen his players from his YORK days ie his mates things now would be a whole lot better than they are now , hope the club and coach can move forward but i fear the worst.

only my opinion as a neautral

#17 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

The team is stale. Eaton is out of ideas and the fans are bored of him and his clueless tactics. Last night when he gave his speech the fans reaction at the end said it all, there was near silence. We need freshening up. We have too much to lose to do nothing. Agreed we have played with lots of effort the last couple of games but the lack of a good coach and any tactical nouse ie a kicking game Will cost us our position in this league if we leave things as we are

#18 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

With regards to people on the top deck the people they was having a go at was potential sponsors? They said they have never been to a rugby match and been so appauled by the idiots who have just list the club revenue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users