Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Callum Marriott

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

I understand Callum has left Oldham. Surely we should giving the ex Salford fringe player a try out at Spotland?

Also ex Hornet Danny Samuel has left the Biffs announcing his retirement. Not sure if there is issues up at Whitebank , but there has been some decent championship players leaving.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#2 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

I understand Callum has left Oldham. Surely we should giving the ex Salford fringe player a try out at Spotland?

Also ex Hornet Danny Samuel has left the Biffs announcing his retirement. Not sure if there is issues up at Whitebank , but there has been some decent championship players leaving.

Couldn't agree more - you don't play a Super League game if you haven't got something about you

Seems a no brainer to give him a go 

#3 mozzer

mozzer
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Callum is disillusioned at moment with rugby , that's from the horses mouth as well

#4 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

There appears to be a fair bit of disillusionment at Owdumb at the moment.

Edited by The Baron Mk11, 02 June 2013 - 09:42 AM.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#5 BOLTON ROUGHYED

BOLTON ROUGHYED
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

I really do hope Callum comes back to the game, maybe he needs some time out. Clearly Rochdale would be the ideal place for him to re-start his career.

As for Danny Samuel, you can have him....Far too unfit and immobile to play at centre. We were conceeding far too many tries down the right centre channel due to his inability to turn quickly enough...No loss at all. Good luck at Oldham 2012(Oxford) next week. 

#6 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

I really do hope Callum comes back to the game, maybe he needs some time out. Clearly Rochdale would be the ideal place for him to re-start his career.

As for Danny Samuel, you can have him....Far too unfit and immobile to play at centre. We were conceeding far too many tries down the right centre channel due to his inability to turn quickly enough...No loss at all. Good luck at Oldham 2012(Oxford) next week. 

Danny Samuel's a prop/second rower. Playing him at centre is your coach's fault.

Being too unfit is down to your training regime. That's your coach's fault.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#7 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Danny Samuel's a prop/second rower. Playing him at centre is your coach's fault.

Others are able to get/keep fit!? If you can't keep up then you ship out. Simple. Likewise if you don't like the squad rotation policy then move to somewhere where they'll let you play every game. Doesn't mean there are problems at the club just means the coach is the boss.

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

So you leave it to your players to get/keep fit at Oldham do you? I think that's the coach's job myself but everyone to their own I suppose? Danny was always a good player at Spotland but I think he had an issue with Stanky which caused him to leave, I'm sorry he's decided to retire.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 BOLTON ROUGHYED

BOLTON ROUGHYED
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Danny Samuel's a prop/second rower. Playing him at centre is your coach's fault.

He's retired......!

Maybe because he's not fit enough to handle it...?

#10 chiefgeneral

chiefgeneral
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

As an Oldham fan I honestly think we were playing him out of position. When I saw him play for rochdale he was very effective playing 2nd row

#11 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

So you leave it to your players to get/keep fit at Oldham do you? I think that's the coach's job myself but everyone to their own I suppose? Danny was always a good player at Spotland but I think he had an issue with Stanky which caused him to leave, I'm sorry he's decided to retire.

Pugwash.

Its more the players individual responsibility responsibility to be fit enough to perform at this level than  - maybe in a full time environment you can say its the coach/conditioners responsibility but not at this level 

The coach may have players for 4 hours a week outside match day to fit in fitness/conditioning, ball skills, patterns of play, match day driils etc. there is not enough time in a week within this to allocate enough fitness/conditioning time for a player to be fit enough and strong enough to perform at a good level - the players have to have a regime that includes training in their own time outside training - ask Wayne English

#12 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Wayne's always at Marine Fit or in Benidorm!
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#13 CAMS

CAMS
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Pugwash.

Pugwash, I think you are mistaken here. I had, and still have, a very good relationship with Danny. Danny played under me in 2010 and 2011 but wanted a crack at playing Championship RL with Dewsbury in 2012. He went with my blessing. He called me mid season 2012 to ask could he come back, because he wasn't getting the chances at Dewsbury. I welcomed him back.

He played the remainder of the 2012 season before leaving at the end of the season when I stepped down as Head Coach.

Just thought I'd set the record straight.

See how CAMS can benefit you and your club!

Complete Athlete Management Solutions

www.cams-sport.com

#14 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hi Stanky how are you?

I was just going off something I heard Danny say first hand about being dropped and he was very upset about it at the time.  Of course that may have been something said in the heat of the moment. 

It's all water under the bridge now anyway.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#15 CAMS

CAMS
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Nothing wrong with players being ###### off Puggy, when they aren't selected. In fact, I'd be pretty ###### off if they weren't ###### off!

As I always said to the players, "if you want to play every week, play well week in week out, and I won't have reason to drop you".

They all seemed to understand that thought.

Oh, and yes, I'm fine. Enjoying my time off from the game and spending some time with the kids.

See how CAMS can benefit you and your club!

Complete Athlete Management Solutions

www.cams-sport.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users