Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TRL helpdesk-Laptop mousepad.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hi folks, bought a new Toshiba laptop around 18 months since. When I wanted to click/double click on summat, I used to simply tap the mousepad once or twice and off I went. Now when I try to do it it just doesn't register. The mouse still works fine so does anyone have a clue what's up? My lad may have turned it off without knowing I suppose.I've looked at the mouse section on control panel but can't find anything relevant although I'm not much of a tecchie.

Appreciate any assistance, ta.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

It happened to me, without knowing what operating system you use, there is/was an icon by the clock regarding "touch to click". This was on Windows XP Vista though.

Edited by hindle xiii, 30 May 2013 - 12:07 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

These instructions are for sensitivity of the pad, other settings should be in the same area.

Call (Toll Free) @ 0800-088-6017 Get Instant Diagnostic & Resolution
www.micropcsupport.com
WINDOWS VISTA AND WINDOWS 7 INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1

Turn on your computer, wait for it to boot up and log in. While the sensitivity of your touchpad may be uncomfortable, it isn't impossible to use. If you find the touchpad is too cumbersome, try plugging in an external USB mouse.

STEP 2

Click the "Start" button, then click "Control Panel." Click "Hardware and Sound," then the blue "Mouse" link if you are using Category view. Click on the "Mouse" icon if you're using the icon view.

STEP 3

Click the "Pointer Options" tab in the new window. Adjust the "pointer speed" slider in the section marked "Motion." If you want your cursor to move faster with shorter motions of your finger, slide adjust the slider to the right. If you want it to go slower, adjust the slider left.

STEP 4

Click "OK." Use your finger on the touchpad to move the cursor around your computer's display. If the motion of the cursor is still too fast or too slow, click "Mouse" again, select the "Pointer Options" tab and try a different pointer speed. When you're finished, click "OK," then close the Control Panel.

WINDOWS XP INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1

Turn on your computer, wait for it to boot up and log in. You can also use an external USB mouse with XP machines if you wish.

STEP 2

Click the "Start" button, then click "Control Panel." Click the icon labeled "Mouse." (If you don't see the "Mouse" icon, click the text on the left marked "Classic View.")

STEP 3

Click the "Pointer Options" tab in the new window. Adjust the "pointer speed" slider in the section marked "Motion." If you want your cursor to move faster with shorter motions of your finger, slide adjust the slider to the right. If you want it to go slower, adjust the slider left.

STEP 4

Click "OK." Use your finger on the touchpad to move the cursor around your computer's display. If the motion of the cursor is still too fast or too slow, click "Mouse" again, select the "Pointer Options" tab and try a different pointer speed. When you're finished, click "OK," then close the Control Panel.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

It happened to me, without knowing what operating system you use, there is/was an icon by the clock regarding "touch to click". This was on Windows XP Vista though.

Bingo!

Cheers hindle.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Bingo!

Cheers hindle.

S'orrite.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.