Ground To A Slope

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

While watching the Halifax game rerun on Premier again,i know its sad,but Brain Noble was taking about the slope we have on the pitch,since moving to the ground,I've not notice any slope while sitting in the North Stand,am i missing something or do we have a slope on the pitch? I might have to start watching the matches from another vantage point to see our slope.I'm sure someone will tell me on here if we have one.

#2 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

As far as i know its flat..

but

it appears to be more elevated at the bywell rd end.
dont know if its a optical illusion due to how the ends have been banked up.

#3 Ramireztheram

Ramireztheram
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

If viewed from the tunnel entrance or from directly behind the sticks the pitch does indeed appear to have a very slight camber and slopes ever so slightly along its long axis from the centre towards each stand. This camber depending on where you stand also appears to be much more pronounced in the far corner near the transmitter tower. I have reason to believe this to assist drainage during wet weather combined with the small vertical drain pipes along the edge of the pitch near the boards. From on the field there is no visible indication of a slope of any kind unlike Batley’s historic pitch which as we know slopes quite severely.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Eh we can't have owt without your lot trying to copy us! Besides its prob a bit of subsidence and fortunate that you can only quarter fill the long stand or it might all disapear down an old shaft!

Ps we like to refer to our slope as a hillock. And speaking of Hillocks how is Equalizer these days?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

If Nobby thinks the current pitch slopes he would have needed ropes and climbing boots to get up to the half way line from the 9 'oil on the old pitch.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

All I can say is that we seem to play uphill in each half at the moment.

:pickeat:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Eh we can't have owt without your lot trying to copy us! Besides its prob a bit of subsidence and fortunate that you can only quarter fill the long stand or it might all disapear down an old shaft!

That's a bit rich from a mob who had to hijack the 9'oil name after we left Crown Flatt!

Edited by Blind side johnny, 31 May 2013 - 07:41 AM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Didn't you bring the nine oil with you when you moved into the mount as lodgers ,  and left it behind BSJ, nothing like us nicking it

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Didn't you bring the nine oil with you when you moved into the mount as lodgers ,  and left it behind BSJ, nothing like us nicking it

:biggrin:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users