Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

skolars Sunday

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

Sunday sees the start of a big 4 game spell which could make or break our season, i said all along june is where we will see what we are made of. We play the next 4 games the teams around us so be great to get another win Sunday so confidence be high heading to Wrexham next wkend and in my opinion i think points difference could be crucial at end of the season. Hope we have a better turn out this week than last Sunday the rugby on show was Quality the confidence is running through the team at the moment so lets do our bit n get behind the promotion push from the sidelines. Up the Yeds!!!

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Sunday sees the start of a big 4 game spell which could make or break our season, i said all along june is where we will see what we are made of. We play the next 4 games the teams around us so be great to get another win Sunday so confidence be high heading to Wrexham next wkend and in my opinion i think points difference could be crucial at end of the season. Hope we have a better turn out this week than last Sunday the rugby on show was Quality the confidence is running through the team at the moment so lets do our bit n get behind the promotion push from the sidelines. Up the Yeds!!!

With you all the way mate. Great performance last week and need to keep the momentum going. Hope the people of Oldham get behind their club and help to push them into the Championship. Come on you Yeds!

#3 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Couldn't agree more, the lads deserve better support no matter what.

#4 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

Had to miss the Gateshead match Sunday due to being on holiday but that is a rare occurrence and am now suffering from 'withdrawal symptoms'. REALLY looking forward to Sunday's match and supporting the lads.

Weather forecast looking good, so no excuses on that front for the 'fair weather' fans.  

Come on 'THE ROUGHYEDS'. 

#5 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

This will be a tough game . Got a decent win against Oxford last week putting 40 points past them , so we need to be on top of our game . We have only conceded 74 points and have the 2nd best defence in the league. So good luck Sunday and up the yeds

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 donquixote

donquixote
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Good game in prospect. Good luck to the lads for this one.

#7 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Easy win :onthequiet:

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#8 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Really looking forward to this tmoro just hope we start better than last wk we cant afford to give teams a start every wk

#9 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Oldham by 20. Our young squad will give their all for 80 mins without slacking which will be enough.

Would like to see a 600+ crowd though :fan:

One for all and all for the one

#10 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Oldham by 20. Our young squad will give their all for 80 mins without slacking which will be enough.

Would like to see a 600+ crowd though :fan:

Good win in a hard fought game, the ref and touch judges did us no favours, in fact the ref was bobbins. Well played again guys.

#11 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Excellent game today. London were a really powerful side and keeping them down to two tries in the second half won us the game.

Lepori , Palfrey and Joy had cracking games today whilst I was also massively impressed with Bloomfield on the wing. We still need to work on getting the ball wide to outside our backs if we want to earn promotion but we certainly have the work ethic and enthusiasm to have a chance

#12 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Top team to come back when London got a grip early in the 2nd half in the pub celebrating with out of town roughyed, roughyed34 and his missus up the yeds!!!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Good to win when not at our best.The lads determination, self belief and refusal to give in got us over the line.Will need to improve a bit for next week. London can give anyone a shock and are a big powerfull side.

Too many mistakes though for my liking, lost ball at hooker, and a bit of panicking as well at times but like I say winning is a good habit.

Liked the bit of "Purple" after the first try as well.

One for all and all for the one

#14 AmigoTopping

AmigoTopping
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

I was obviously watching a different game because it was not an excellent game, too many handling errors, no leadership in the middle of the park

#15 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

winning bad is a good thing..

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#16 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

I will take winning ugly all season up the Yeds!!!

#17 AmigoTopping

AmigoTopping
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

If Oxford had played us today they would have won with ease..hate to say it but this squad will not get us promoted

#18 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

I thought the lads stuck to the task well. They didn't have things all their own way and Skolars targeted a couple of our young players but they stood up well to the intimidation. Both sides made mistakes but hey we got there in the end. Big week ahead and hopefully not too many injuries. Well done you Yeds!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users