That was weird!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Leaving the crematorium after a friend's funeral, I noticed a cat sprawled in front of the  flowers placed on the ground by her husband. As it happened, our friend adored cats, to leave us with much thought! These type of happenings are certainly weird.  

Have you got any similar stories? 

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,348 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

If a black cat crosses your path what does it signify?

A black cat is going somewhere.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#3 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Leaving the crematorium after a friend's funeral, I noticed a cat sprawled in front of the  flowers placed on the ground by her husband. As it happened, our friend adored cats, to leave us with much thought! These type of happenings are certainly weird.  

Have you got any similar stories?

was the cat stuffed? being labelled "odd" and weird" myself I just smirk and remember the whole world is ufcknig mad, were all bonkers mate.
the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#4 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

if 19 black cats are doing the conga across your path it means "that was a very very heavy nite last nite
the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#5 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

I cannot argue with what you say, but some things in life do create intrigue. A friend recently received three birthday cards out of eight that were the same and from people unconnected!

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,691 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

I hadn't eaten for days and was walking the streets skint  wondering what the hell I was going to do, hen the wind blew a piece of paper against my leg. I tried to shake it off, but it wouldn't budge, so I grabbed hold of it. It was a fiver

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#7 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,844 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I must be the only person in the world with a 5ft-high painting of American saxophonist Eddie Cleanhead Vinson.  To tell the truth, before I bought the painting, I'd never heard of him. It was originally  created as part of the degree-portfolio of a former friend who was studying to be an art teacher.

Over the weekend in 1988 that Eddie died, I was in Wales. When I got back to Bradford, a lead strip in a valley in my roof had split and rainwater had leaked in ... it soaked his painting.

I later related this tale when talking about the supernatural with a woman at work who had psychic abilities. Then I got a phone call from her friend in Brighouse, a lady  who said that her late husband had once played in Eddie's band for a European tour. She passed on to me a cassette copy of one of that tour's unissued  live numbers.

Eddie is still playing, standing proud on my bedroom wall.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#8 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

eddie cleanhead vinson- legend - 1st time I heard that name on here -WEIRD

#9 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

I cannot argue with what you say, but some things in life do create intrigue. A friend recently received three birthday cards out of eight that were the same and from people unconnected!

Let me guess they all had the same number on them.

#10 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

I must be the only person in the world with a 5ft-high painting of American saxophonist Eddie Cleanhead Vinson. To tell the truth, before I bought the painting, I'd never heard of him. It was originally created as part of the degree-portfolio of a former friend who was studying to be an art teacher.

Over the weekend in 1988 that Eddie died, I was in Wales. When I got back to Bradford, a lead strip in a valley in my roof had split and rainwater had leaked in ... it soaked his painting.

I later related this tale when talking about the supernatural with a woman at work who had psychic abilities. Then I got a phone call from her friend in Brighouse, a lady who said that her late husband had once played in Eddie's band for a European tour. She passed on to me a cassette copy of one of that tour's unissued live numbers.

Eddie is still playing, standing proud on my bedroom wall.

In what way is that weird?
You buy a painting and your roof leaked onto it. You told someone who knew someone who had connections with the person in the painting and they sent you a tape of their music.

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,844 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

In what way is that weird?
You buy a painting and your roof leaked onto it. You told someone who knew someone who had connections with the person in the painting and they sent you a tape of their music.

The roof had never leaked before the weekend that he died. It never leaked again whilst I lived in that house.The water ran down only one wall ... the one that happened to hold his painting.

He was American, the lady who had known him personally was from Yorkshire.

Mind you, I'll grant you that it's nowhere near as weird as actually choosing to live on the western side of the Pennines.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Odd leak story, I was leaving the house in the morning, when I realised I had forgotten to put the bucket out.  I nipped back in, quickly placed the bucket in the kitchen and left.

When I go back, I was asked about the leak.  I must have known about it as I had placed a bucket under the leak.  I actually had no idea why I felt I had to put the bucket there or that there would be a leak.  I must have noticed something and a bit of intuition kicked in.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#13 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

The roof had never leaked before the weekend that he died. It never leaked again whilst I lived in that house.The water ran down only one wall ... the one that happened to hold his painting.

He was American, the lady who had known him personally was from Yorkshire.

Mind you, I'll grant you that it's nowhere near as weird as actually choosing to live on the western side of the Pennines.

;)

I never realised Yorkshire was such an exciting place, leaking roofs, people meeting people from places that are not yorkshire wow.

#14 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Let me guess they all had the same number on them.

It has been known for someone to receive birthday cards showing a different age, but of the same design! 

As for the cat at the funeral, some do believe in mediums and the ability for the deceased to make contact through various means. That's life and everyone to their own. 

Without going too deep, I find things that create food for thought very interesting. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 01 June 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#15 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,758 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

There may be another explanation.  

The cat may have been coming back from somewhere!

#16 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Coincidence doesn't exist. It's just you noticing something that out of the thousands of occurrences that happens each day is slightly unusual.
Fides invicta triumphat

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,758 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

I was just going to post that! 

#18 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

on the day our daughter was born another baby was born in the same hospital with the same surname, the baby was given the same first and middle names without either family knowing until years later when they started sending the wrong letters to the wrong addresses! now whats the odds on that?

#19 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,348 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

There may be another explanation.  

The cat may have been coming back from somewhere!

So it was heading to somewhere, even if that somewhere was where it started.

I head out for a drink, then I head home.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#20 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,348 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

on the day our daughter was born another baby was born in the same hospital with the same surname, the baby was given the same first and middle names without either family knowing until years later when they started sending the wrong letters to the wrong addresses! now whats the odds on that?

Your names Smith isn't it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users