Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh Centurions

New management structure & TV

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#21 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Early days in the Leigh corner....

Most of Leigh (ie the fans we want to get back) haven't heard or seen anything from Thursdays news - now the communications team had been announced, it'll be their first job...they're already on with it through social media but the bulk of people will need to be posted something, read a paper or be told word of mouth. 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#22 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Leigh V Fev Att 2077 Championship

London V Cas Att 1810 Super League ?

I dunno what your point is but you list four clubs none of whom have the money to compete in Superleague.

Maybe it's just yet another go at London?

#23 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

I dunno what your point is but you list four clubs none of whom have the money to compete in Superleague.

Maybe it's just yet another go at London?

No. it's a direct comparison of a SL club versus a Championship club. I leave all the comments up to you.

#24 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

No. it's a direct comparison of a SL club versus a Championship club.

Pointless stuff.

Well done Leigh.

#25 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Pointless stuff.

Well done Leigh.

most of the stuff posted on here is pointless. It's a forum for talking cobblers about rugby. Some who use this forum like to see their opinions posted, some everyday as their post count goes ever skywards! The vast majority of RL fans aren't interested that much in this forum!!

Some opinions are vehemently opposed to others. C'est la vie. In the great scheme of things there is little point other than arguing the toss or agreeing with each other!!!!

I'd miss most of it and most of it's subscribers if it wasn't here!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#26 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,917 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Pointless stuff.

Well done Leigh.

Yes

Yes
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#27 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

1pm sat ko killed the gate IMO at Leigh

#28 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,088 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Why?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#29 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Why?

Lack of direct trains

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#30 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

I think it is more to do with there being no promotion and relegation. It is effectively a friendly and people from Leigh know this.

Btw I chose not to go to the London V Cas game mainly for the same reason

#31 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,063 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

Patronising  effluvia. Neither Leigh nor Featherstone, bother fiercely competitive on the pitch and very touchy off it,  have ever played in a friendly manner and the real fans of both clubs will be hurt by you baseless accusation.

If there ain't no P and R , what are both clubs doing announcing their intentions towards Superleague and spending so much time on money to get promoted to it?

#32 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Why?

A lot of people now work Saturdays, certainly to early afternoon. eg delivery drivers, builders/tradesmen etc plus you have the conference playing summer on Saturday. Generally SL sat games have smaller gates if I recall even with a later ko

I am an advocate of Sat 6.30-7pm ko for Leigh in summer btw

Edited by sweaty craiq, 04 June 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#33 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

I think it is more to do with there being no promotion and relegation. It is effectively a friendly and people from Leigh know this.

Btw I chose not to go to the London V Cas game mainly for the same reason

and lobby's cracked record is on the turntable once again........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#34 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Doesn't the 2077 beat last years crowd at home to Featherstone.

It was a darn good gate for a saturday early kick off wasn't it??

As for the P & R drivel, why don't you check the Leigh.v.Feathestone gate when there WAS promotion and relegation and you actually got it? The facts don't suit your case at all.

What the Leigh people actually know because your chairman is so honest and forthright is that Leigh are stuffed for promotion. they are £2,300,000 a season off being able to sit on the bottom rung of Superleague, and a cool £5,000,000 a season off being able to live with the likes of Leeds.

If anything the gate was a very good gate with people rallying around the club in a time of need....

Edited by The Parksider, 04 June 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#35 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Doesn't the 2077 beat last years crowd at home to Featherstone.

It was a darn good gate for a saturday early kick off wasn't it??

As for the P & R drivel, why don't you check the Leigh.v.Feathestone gate when there WAS promotion and relegation and you actually got it? The facts don't suit your case at all.

What the Leigh people actually know because your chairman is so honest and forthright is that Leigh are stuffed for promotion. they are £2,300,000 a season off being able to sit on the bottom rung of Superleague, and a cool £5,000,000 a season off being able to live with the likes of Leeds.

If anything the gate was a very good gate with people rallying around the club in a time of need....

So what does that say about the fact that London are still in SL.? They are totally reliant on the largesse of one man seeing as how they can;t even attrcat more spectators than Leigh. If leigh were in SL, i would hazard a guess that they would attract a minimum of 4,000 average, given the derbies with Wigan, Saints, warrington widnes and Salford. they did that last time playing out of Hilton Park and made a profit on the season.

From what I can gather Hughes is quite old and has inimtated he cannot go on funding the Broncos forever. On top of that they will have no stadium to play in shortly whereas Leigh have a new international standard arena.

So, investor apart, I think Leigh have it over London. Now, if Leigh could get promoted and find the next Dr. Koukash, all bets are off. 

#36 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

If leigh were in SL, i would hazard a guess that they would attract a minimum of 4,000 average, given the derbies with Wigan, Saints, warrington widnes and Salford. they did that last time playing out of Hilton Park and made a profit on the season.

I think Leigh have it over London. Now, if Leigh could get promoted and find the next Dr. Koukash, all bets are off.

A 4,000 crowd will lead to Leigh failing to compete and going under like they did last time when they ended the SL season totally skint.

If you think the future of RL is a small town in Wigan that produces few pro players, over a club in the capital then there's no point me debating with you, and if you think anyone like Koukash would throw millions a year away on a tiny club who have no prospect of growth then your dreaming.

#37 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,063 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

So what does that say about the fact that London are still in SL.? They are totally reliant on the largesse of one man seeing as how they can;t even attrcat more spectators than Leigh. If leigh were in SL, i would hazard a guess that they would attract a minimum of 4,000 average, given the derbies with Wigan, Saints, warrington widnes and Salford. they did that last time playing out of Hilton Park and made a profit on the season.

From what I can gather Hughes is quite old and has inimtated he cannot go on funding the Broncos forever. On top of that they will have no stadium to play in shortly whereas Leigh have a new international standard arena.

So, investor apart, I think Leigh have it over London. Now, if Leigh could get promoted and find the next Dr. Koukash, all bets are off. 

Don't you think there is a big risk, though?

You put it so well when you said

- harzard

- guess

- if.

Hardly a strong business case.

#38 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Fan increase in the Championship coupled with administration and financial improvements, I would say Licensing is doing its job

#39 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

Fan increase in the Championship coupled with administration and financial improvements, I would say Licensing is doing its job

Nonsense.

-Crowds are decreasing (despite stadium improvements)
-Financial problems are worse (due to lower crowds)
-Fans are ##### angry and want change (i.e. sone form of P&R by right)

#40 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

For reference leigh got 5000 in a disastrous SL season in a ground not suitable for big gates
The same gate now would allow full cap and a profit, straight from the former chairmans lips
I believe a lower mid teAm would draw 6500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users