Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds injuries

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

What will happen now with the injuries Leeds picked up last night? How many players can Hunslet have this weekend? I aren't the biggest Leeds fan but still not nice seeing players injured.

#2 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Agreed not nice to see players getting injured. IMO Leeds have a few older players not at the races and picking up more injuries. Their big stars are all getting old together. As for Hunslet this was always the big risk relying on other clubs players. We Will miss them without a doubt.

#3 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Agreed not nice to see players getting injured. IMO Leeds have a few older players not at the races and picking up more injuries. Their big stars are all getting old together. As for Hunslet this was always the big risk relying on other clubs players. We Will miss them without a doubt.

It is a gamble and the thing is now if Leeds do pull the players out are the players stepping in gonna be match fit?

#4 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

It is a gamble and the thing is now if Leeds do pull the players out are the players stepping in gonna be match fit?

I don't think it's a matter of if. I'm sure Leeds Will pull them back. We're not at the best with the dual reg lads so i think we Will definataly struggle without them.

#5 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Suppose you need to hope the injuries aren't as bad as they looked.

#6 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

I still can't see Hood or Watson getting in the first team so I think we'll have them, losing Keinhorst would be a blow, not sure how they're fixed for centres now Watkins is crocked, but he's the most likely of the regular DR's to be called back

Not sure how it'll affect Moore & Achurch, neither played last night

#7 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

When can we see the team news for tomorrow?
Do we have Moore and Achurch available?

Please don't ask for Vickery or Ben Jones Bishop. One is rubbish and the other isn't fit.

Bit worried about the half back combo, think Coyle and Windley might be the best option.

#8 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

best getting away from rhinos.use our own players and if we get relegated then fine.with the budget we operate on probably best in league 1 and build with more local talent.how many fans would we lose ? Attendance figures are not Great in this league so lets move on without rhinos

#9 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

if we go down, then going to be really hard with little or no away support from the visiting teams.

relegation will be a disaster

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#10 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

if we go down, then going to be really hard with little or no away support from the visiting teams.

relegation will be a disaster

Not sure i agree.away support as been poor this season.Maybe a chance of winning would attract people.HIST are doing a great job off pitch but Eaton not doing anything for us really with the players he as.

#11 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Not sure i agree.away support as been poor this season.Maybe a chance of winning would attract people.HIST are doing a great job off pitch but Eaton not doing anything for us really with the players he as.

i agree about hist and about Eaton. We still have the big supported teams to come ie fax,fev and Leigh so their support could be crucial for us but i agree apart from those they away support is poor

#12 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

I don't get how it's Baz's fault to be fair? Who would have has coach?

#13 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Dead right Green Brigade. With Hunslet having probably the lowest playing budget in the Championship what do fans really expect. No disrespect to our players as I'm sure they play to the best of their capabilities but a coach can only coach so much the rest is up to the players, if it aint there.....

#14 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

how many times have you watched this team play??? This is the best squad of players we've had since 99. But we play with no direction, no leadership and no set plays. Our best 2nd rower is sat in the stand every week so if its not the coach's fault then who's fault is it.
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#15 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Dave Clayton? Yeah he was our best second rower last year, sadly his form is no where near as good as last year.

As for the squad it could be the worlds best squad but without a good 6 & 7 its always going to struggle.

#16 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

how many times have you watched this team play??? This is the best squad of players we've had since 99. But we play with no direction, no leadership and no set plays. Our best 2nd rower is sat in the stand every week so if its not the coach's fault then who's fault is it.

Spot on ! might have a low budget but this squad can play

#17 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Spot on ! might have a low budget but this squad can play

Results say otherwise

#18 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

Results say otherwise

There have been spells in games when we have looked good, but 9 times out of 10 were chasing the game due to bad starts.We might not have a large budget but we get 5 Rhinos most games who have performed well most of the time.No doubt next coach could be from Headingley !!!

#19 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

You might get the gist of what av been saying all season. Once we lose any of the rhinos contingent, we will be expecting a hunslet lad to step in and perform like a rhino. It aint going to happen because they aint had game time, so they won't have had chance to develop as a player and improve as the season goes on. The hunslet players surely cant be happy with this D/R, and i wouldn't expect them to tell coaching staff how they really feel (shooting yourself in foot comes to mind). D/R  hasn't really improved us in terms of league position and points wise (even with Grimmer in), were still stuggling. If everything is about playing rhinos lads you might aswell go the whole hogg and have a rhinos coach, For me its a downward spiral for Hunslet and they've only got themselves to blame for allowing it to happen. D/R should be a maximum of two and both under the age of twenty.(JUST MY OPINION) 

#20 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

very well said spot on

Edited by sgt pepper, 02 June 2013 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users