Leigh 8 - 23 Fev

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Conway91

Conway91
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Couldn't make the game but had the Leigh Radio on, of which the commentary went from loud and boistrous in the first half to sighs and groans in the second! Great result, Up the Rovers!

Unfortunately the Leigh Commentary Lot were cautious to ever praise any Fev Players.. Who Stood out for you all this week? What was the game like from a Fev Fan's perspective?

Effort is wasted reminiscing over past disappointments. Move onwards, move upwards.

#2 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Unable to attend, but a great result

#3 jon

jon
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Will Sharpe was awesome today m.o.m. Performance without a doubt

#4 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Great win from the boys,they had to do it the hard way because the 3 officials seemed to have a wow of a game ! I will have to watch the dvd back because first impressions we had at least 3 decent tries wiped off,a great effort from all the players shame about the injury to Anthony England I think he's dislocated his shoulder,even though Andy Kain was missing Jack Bussey seemed to play pretty well at stand off.

#5 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Well, two weeks ago, we Leythers were delighted with our win at POR, but today Rovers were convincing winners, once they'd got their noses in front. Can't even blame the ref either, as about 90% of the borderline calls seemed to go our way. Leigh made countless edrrors in the second half, but that was most likely down to being under great pressure from your defence.

Well done guys, an excellent team effort as usual from Fev, proving that anyone wanting to beat you really does have to raise their game.

Don't suppose there's any chance of Daryl taking half your guys to Cas, is there?

#6 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well, two weeks ago, we Leythers were delighted with our win at POR, but today Rovers were convincing winners, once they'd got their noses in front. Can't even blame the ref either, as about 90% of the borderline calls seemed to go our way. Leigh made countless edrrors in the second half, but that was most likely down to being under great pressure from your defence.

Well done guys, an excellent team effort as usual from Fev, proving that anyone wanting to beat you really does have to raise their game.

Don't suppose there's any chance of Daryl taking half your guys to Cas, is there?

Alan, Can you, or anyone else,  please tell us who the guy was who made the 80 yard interception break down the right in the first half? I thought it was Litttler, but Joseph thought it was Pownall. We need to know for the match report, which will be on here in about an hour.

Also can any Leigh fans that were sttod behind the goal let us know what happened with Anthony England? We all thought he had scored, did he injure his arm then lose the ball?

Edited by Steve Slater, 01 June 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#7 Toadstool

Toadstool
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Alan, Can you, or anyone else,  please tell us who the guy was who made the 80 yard interception break down the right in the first half? I thought it was Litttler, but Joseph thought it was Pownall. We need to know for the match report, which will be on here in about an hour.

Also can any Leigh fans that were sttod behind the goal let us know what happened with Anthony England? We all thought he had scored, did he injure his arm then lose the ball?

It was Johnny Pownall who made the break and England was a foot short and put an extra stretch in which saw it ruled out as a double movement. The impact of hitting the floor was on the point of his shoulder I think which caused his issues.

No complaints from me, the best team won on the day. Well done guys. See you at LSV in September!!!

#8 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

What a great day, We were up against it in the first half, and no offence but the ref and touch judges must have had a nice complimentary lunch on Leighs behalf. But the Rovers support was brill, We certainly show all the other clubs up with our away support.

#9 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Well done to all the lads.  Sharp's corner to corner run, to nail Pownall after his break down the right, was excellent.

A big bouquet to the stewards too.  It's not an easy job to enforce other people's rules, especially when the design of the stadium doesn't help (who decided that the stairs from the entrance tunnels should stop dead at a row of seats??).   They also wouldn't have been expecting to be invaded by Danny's stag do, but their ability to keep smiling and polite at all times was a lesson that could be learnt by stewards at many of the other grounds that we visit.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Well done to all the lads.  Sharp's corner to corner run, to nail Pownall after his break down the right, was excellent.

A big bouquet to the stewards too.  It's not an easy job to enforce other people's rules, especially when the design of the stadium doesn't help (who decided that the stairs from the entrance tunnels should stop dead at a row of seats??).   They also wouldn't have been expecting to be invaded by Danny's stag do, but their ability to keep smiling and polite at all times was a lesson that could be learnt by stewards at many of the other grounds that we visit.

+1

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#11 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

+2

#12 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

The chase down by Sharpe was superb and breathtaking..I also noticed the stewards how great they dealt with the harmless fun by the stag-do; Other stewards at other grounds should be shown the footage to educate them into how to deal with potential trouble;

#13 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Gi ower Steve. Littler hasnt got a 80yd dash in him.

#14 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

What a great day, We were up against it in the first half, and no offence but the ref and touch judges must have had a nice complimentary lunch on Leighs behalf. But the Rovers support was brill, We certainly show all the other clubs up with our away support.

First 2000+ gate we've had this season. There is a feelgood element at Leigh at the moment, with the new Board being announced, but the away support, in terms of numbers and noise, was excellent. Well done Rovers fans.

• amh likes this

#15 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Aye, fair play to Fev....totally bossed the 2nd half, 8-23 flatters us.

Was really looking forward to todays game, 1st half was OK (for a Leyther)...BUT we can't even blame Ginger George this time.

Great support, nice to see an away following for a change.

I'm still sulking - now where's that Vodka !!! ;)

• amh likes this

#16 taximick

taximick
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well done fev on today's performance. Realy felt sorry for our players today. They had to work ten times harder for that victory. I used to think that ref was ok but he had it in for us today. The off sides he turned a blind eye to was disgusting.I don't normaly like to blame refs on games but today really got to me.

#17 ChrisRover

ChrisRover
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Great display from fev today,seems to be a lot of team spirit which is good. Not normally one to slag officials off but they were appauling today. So many wrong decisions from what I saw and the offsides were a joke.

Lamont had a great game, some awesome tackles going in.

Good time ahead for rovers fans!! ;)

#18 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Sensational defence in the face of adversity today

Less said about officials the better

#19 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Well done to the 800/900 fans who made the trip over and how the hell did Stokes disallow those perfectly good tries.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#20 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

Well done to the 800/900 fans who made the trip over and how the hell did Stokes disallow those perfectly good tries.

I thought about 300 400 tops. You have had too much vodka. ;)

Best team won but everyone knows Leigh were missing 6 first team regulars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users