Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow v Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

1 Liam Campbell
2 Mike Backhouse
3 Max Wiper
4 Dean McGilvray
5 Adam Clay
6 Nathan Mossop
7 Mike Whitehead
8 Sean Casey
9 Liam Finch
10 Liam Harrison
11 Bradley Brennan
12 Daniel Toal
13 Danny Jones
14 SUB Matthew Haggerty
15 SUB James Dandy
16 SUB Jack Spencer
17 SUB Andrew Dawson
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

#2 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Barrow 6 sheffield 0.
Finch try casey goal.
Nice start..

#3 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Sheffield Team Line-up
1 Quentin Laulu-Togagae
2 Scott Turner
3 Menzie Yere
4 Tom Armstrong
5 Misi Taulapapa
6 Andrew Henderson
7 Liam Higgins
8 Dominic Brambani
9 Pat Walker
10 Mitchell Stringer
11 Alex Szostak
12 Joe Hirst
13 Michael Knowles
14 SUB Peter Green
15 SUB James Davey
16 SUB Ben Gledhill
17 SUB Dario Esposito

#4 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Togagae try... Barrow 6 v Sheffield 4

#5 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Togagae try... Barrow 6 v Sheffield 8.

#6 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Mossop try.. Casey goal. Barrow 12 v Sheffield 8.

#7 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Togagae try ( x3 ) Barrow 12 v Sheffield 14

#8 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Half time . Barrow 12 v Sheffield 14.
Fantastic first half play ... :-)

#9 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thought the lads did well today . Much improved and kept it up for the full 80 . It was nice to see the fans cheering and clapping the boys off at the end . And the Sheffield fans .. Great bunch ! :) cheers for your comments at the end :)

#10 joe142

joe142
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Very good performance today how their 13 didn't walk for punching finchy is a mystery! Thought Mcgilvary had an outstanding game my MoM was non-stop with the tackling! 

If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough, when you get knocked down you gotta get back up...

#11 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

I thought barrow where outstanding today they never gave up at all just a pity the ref was absolutely woeful and someone should explain to the touch judges what offside means !!!!!

#12 red box

red box
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Attitude and commitment outstanding.

Panic at times and a lack of any apparent pre-planned moves in the opposition 20metre zone but very much an improved performance.

Thought we were very naive in the first half when we should have been putting boot to ball early in the tackle count with that strong breeze behind us, their big forwards were struggling for energy at times anyway and a couple of trips the length of the field would have drained some of the big guys and Yere.

The ref wasn't brilliant but Barrow also got the rub of the green on a couple of occasions I thought. When we were penalised for offside it was after the ref. had been seen warning the players at the previous play the ball.

The effort put in against a team so high in the table, and who have trounced us in earlier games, made the money spent at the turnstile worthwhile - which hasn't always been the case this season.

#13 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Massive effort put in today, was good to see them compete for the full 80 minutes against a real quality side, a very well deserved bonus point, but maybe deserves more.

#14 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

superb effort from the boys today deserved more than the BP .. hope the ref enjoyed his lift home on the Sheffield bus LOL

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#15 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

No doubt the best team won. At 12-20 I could see the BP slipping away.
Honest graft saw us home and whilst I would have settled for the bonus point this morning I'm now thinking what if? And if only.
The lads need to start believing in themselves. They can match the best but we do seem nervous especially when the pressure is on. How many times did we cough up the ball from kicks when there wasn't any real pressure?
I saw Holty looking frustrated at times.
But a point is good and ill settle for that again in the next home game against Fev.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#16 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Nice to meet you today Lee.Always nice to put a face to a name.  I agree the ref was awful but talking to some Eagles supporters they thought so as well so maybe he was just plain bad.

I agree good performance against a very useful side. Great pity we couldn't have pinched 3 points because all results keep going against us.I make the league table as follows:

Sheffield   40 points

Fev     38

Fax     38

Batley  37

Leigh   33

Haven  24

Dewsbury   22

Town         19

York           18

Hunslet       17

Keighley     17

Swinton      17

Barrow        16

A win today would have made us 8th.We must get a win from somewhere.

The gate was 870. The missing supporters missed a good game.

Posted Image

#17 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

dead right Michael oh and good to meet you today

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#18 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

good game today, full of commitment  just what  we need , could tell playing at home made a massive difference. the ref was diahrea in the biggest pos way .  this game id=s going backwards with officials putting in  shows like  this, paying good money to see the man in the middle  delude the paying public with some of his decisions was just mind blowing (hope you sleep tonight pal). shef were a good side today but every time they got  field position it was always down to the refs ###### decision. pay my money so I am allowed to rant.

thought clay had a good game and toal was also in his blob but kept getting high tackles but as I said ref was dia.

keep up the good work lads and the win will come . just hope its sooner rather than later/.

#19 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

IMO best team lost, ref killed us all game! Also thought we wrapped up yere well! Quite hard to pick a MOM mcgilvray having a good game at centre! For me Sean casey he had a good kicking game!

#20 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

Sorry I missed the game but caught it on the radio. The wife was there and told me the crowd really got behind the team and I believe that this makes a huge difference in our performance. Do I see this as 3 points lost or a gain of 1 point? No...I see this as the kick start we need from the supporters!
Well done today Holty, team and supporters...

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users