Today’s Attendance ..?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

what are everyones ideas about playing matches on a Saturday afternoon?... as in the really god fearing old days...where did the RL get the Sunday is best idea from ?...

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

How about evening matches? I know it means we will need the floodlights on but it might be a bit of a starter for people before they head off for the night, say on a Friday night.

#3 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

what are everyones ideas about playing matches on a Saturday afternoon?... as in the really god fearing old days...where did the RL get the Sunday is best idea from ?...

Because Saturday afternoons are when the amateur rugby teams play.

#4 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Something definitely needs looking at. People are just not interested any more.
Maybe a Friday evening match might be a good idea, especially if the Sky match on TV is not a major one.

#5 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Because Saturday afternoons are when the amateur rugby teams play.

the RFL are no longer interested in Amateur of even semi pro....just the sooper league no matter where the players start off...
id give saturdays a re-try.. and think lack of promotion/relegation is a major issue..
ive noticed the football premier league still have promotion/relegation and promoted teams have at least £60,000,000 to play with....ie.not a closed shop like the sooper league

#6 LINNERS

LINNERS
  • Coach
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Fridays or saturdays would be a good idea in my opinion!

#7 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Fridays or saturdays would be a good idea in my opinion!

Friday nights....... eight o'clock with "the weekend starts here" as a tagline. Get the mount to be the first pint of the weekend.

#8 LINNERS

LINNERS
  • Coach
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Last thing your thinking about on Friday night is work so its a thumbs up from me.

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Friday does for me too no problem

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#10 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

its not about when its played

its about the money it costs to come,there is more stuff to do rather than coughing up ya brass
for a few pints and a game for example take my mate piggy

is going to halifax,goes on the supporters bus between £5-£10 if you fill the bus
5 pints @ £3 couple of burgers £6 & a programme £2.50

£18 + £10 + £15 + £6 + £2.50 = £51.50

not saying for one minute the tight wad could hold 5 pints..but its an example ;)
i dont know many folk in dewsbury or batley has that kind of expendable money for a few hours pleasure on
a sunday afternoon.

you have flexmaster on our forum moaning about having to pay full price for his kids to sit down
think clubs are missing the problem thru fear of what is to be lost..which is justified
because at the end of the day it is a business..but times are desperate for batley & even dewsbury to a degree
batley have limited fund raising as in bars,car boots and functions,but yet get by with a better squad that has been more sucessful
in recent years.personally the problem is like an enigma to dewsbury fans the question of ''where does our money go'' & the other question ''how do batley do what they do on what they get''
i just hope im never in the big chair for a million quid and asked either question...cos ill be going home with nowt.

clubs need the season ticket money,but need the floating weekly money because it the RFL wisdow games are stretched out for some team to the point
of farse.gone are the days of home,away,home,away week after week..and in reality the lack of regular games thats what killing the championship
and thats where the lack of interest is starting,because other things are filling the times,like all fans how many of you have
looked at the fixtures when booking holidays,parties even weddings & christenings...cos if im honest i have
and planned events around games,but since the disjointed fixtures of recent season come out i just look to see what match clashes with what event.
then you start hoping well theres a clash there..but hey game might move thursday for T.V

thats why the clubs must work something out to pull more fans in

only solution i can think is ''away fans in for a fiver''

in reality if you cant go away to follow your team for £5...youll never travel for £15 plus expences.

#11 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

its about the money it costs to come,there is more stuff to do rather than coughing up ya brass

is going to halifax,goes on the supporters bus between £5-£10 if you fill the bus

not saying for one minute the tight wad could hold 5 pints..but its an example ;)
i dont know many folk in dewsbury or batley has that kind of expendable money for a few hours pleasure on
a sunday afternoon.

you have flexmaster on our forum moaning about having to pay full price for his kids to sit down
think clubs are missing the problem thru fear of what is to be lost..which is justified
because at the end of the day it is a business..but times are desperate for batley & even dewsbury to a degree
batley have limited fund raising as in bars,car boots and functions,but yet get by with a better squad that has been more sucessful
in recent years.personally the problem is like an enigma to dewsbury fans the question of ''where does our money go'' & the other question ''how do batley do what they do on what they get''
i just hope im never in the big chair for a million quid and asked either question...cos ill be going home with nowt.

clubs need the season ticket money,but need the floating weekly money because it the RFL wisdow games are stretched out for some team to the point
of farse.gone are the days of home,away,home,away week after week..and in reality the lack of regular games thats what killing the championship
and thats where the lack of interest is starting,because other things are filling the times,like all fans how many of you have
looked at the fixtures when booking holidays,parties even weddings & christenings...cos if im honest i have
and planned events around games,but since the disjointed fixtures of recent season come out i just look to see what match clashes with what event.
then you start hoping well theres a clash there..but hey game might move thursday for T.V

in reality if you cant go away to follow your team for £5...youll never travel for £15 plus expences.

For once Coolie you talk a lot of sense

#12 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

a sunday afternoon.

Coolie, if your mate is Piggy, then that makes you.......................................Piggy's Mate.

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Coolie, if your mate is Piggy, then that makes you.......................................Piggy's Mate.

Oh pants my split Jekyll & Hyde personality has been revealed. One a handsome witty intellectual batley fan. The other a bitter twisted freak of a loosebury fan ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#14 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

Damn weve been rumbled alter ego..

;)

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

To your/our/my earlier post Coolie. It costs me £20 a game or less to follow batley. £15 in, £2 golden gamble (which if I win would pay me in for free for a good while) and one pint of Tetleys before KO. I have my dinner at home before the game and my tea also when I get home. My kids have flown the nest but if I had young uns a season ticket is quite cheap and allows reduced entry away and I dont do the golden gamble or drink at away grounds. Try it Coolie a month off the burgers and beer could be good for you!

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

It was about an a away day...not a home match
were trying to work out why fans aint traveling

you do away games dont you ??

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users