Whitehaven v Hunslet post match

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

Just got back from the 6 hour round trip and unsure what to say why things are not going to plan.
So disappointed with the result against the worst side I have seen this season.
D March put his hand up today. Richard Moore was very good again. Achurch, just not seeing what people see in him. J Watson had a flawless game and almost had an 100m try, but just got grabbed in the final 40m. Maples was on song again.

Windley was reserve hooker and he had short minutes which I thought strange. Especially with Hood coming off injured at 28 mins.

Ansell was ok and had a reasonable kicking game. Coyle is unfit still and very slow. I think he needs some intensive training for a while and he might become good.

Pains me to say it but we missed our usual 6 & 7.

Too many knock ons again and where are the set pieces. Please use the set pieces or Halifax are gonna put 50 on us next week.

#2 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

to be fair we are not a bad side, we are 6th after all.We just put in one of the worst performances ive seen for a long time, even still we had enough to sneak the win.poor passing ,knock ons, bombed chances,kicking on first tackle.I could go on.For some reason today, all but a couple of our players choose to have a mare of a game.Hunslet looked massive and at 14-6 up i feared the worst, but we hung in and gound out a vital win

#3 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Worst performance for a while do you not go to all haven matchs at home there not that good ov a team or n we have beat you 7 times in a row hahahahaha

#4 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Worst performance for a while do you not go to all haven matchs at home there not that good ov a team or n we have beat you 7 times in a row hahahahaha

pipe down jambo adults are talking,jog off and look at the league table

#5 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Yes unfair to say you are the worst team as your league position tells otherwise. Whitehaven were poor today, all your oldies in the seats were saying so too - but what does that mean about Hunslet?

You cannot deny the passion of Eaton though, he was jumping over chairs and everything. I think the Haven fans were more impressed with him than their own team.

#6 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

I thought it was a poor game between two poor sides, but we've missed out on the three points

I think we're out of the habit of winning games, having led for so long we really ought to have got the killer score and closed out the game, the longer it went on you could sense Haven were going to nick it, which all too predictably they did

Still, it's a point more than we had at the start of the day

#7 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hahahaha wait til end ov the year we will finish above your shower ov ###### (haven) we still got 2 games over use anyway jambo n only 4 points higher than us for now we will bounce back n beat u at the rec again to make it 8 in a row its getten a little boren now beaten use again n again lol

#8 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hahahaha wait til end ov the year we will finish above your shower ov ###### (haven) we still got 2 games over use anyway jambo n only 4 points higher than us for now we will bounce back n beat u at the rec again to make it 8 in a row its getten a little boren now beaten use again n again lol

look if your going to post rubbish at least get your facts right,your 5 points behind us.Yes you have 2 games in hand but given one of those is away to FEV and other at home to a team that pulled your pants down on Tv on thursday then i hope your not counting on those 2 games as 2 wins

#9 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

It must be a long time since Dave Woods coached a team that beat us-- probably back in his Gateshead days.

Does anyone keep a note of how many points we score in the first half of a game as opposed to the second ?

The 3 consecutive away games we have in July are now very, very important..

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Id have taken a bonus point before the start of the game with our two first choice halfbacks sidelined. The bonus point yesterday was massive kept us out of the bottom two. We still have 7 teams to play around us, all to play for.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#11 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

did the pack dominate theirs because the names in that pack even without singleton was full of size and experience i thought 3pts
was on the cards
chappy

#12 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Your right Suzzy -- it should have been.

Yesterday teams around us also got bonus points-- Dewsbury in the last minute at Batley, and Barrow almost beat Sheffield- and our friends at York had a massive win.

#13 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

i didnt go so hard to comment but that pack consisting of moore, haley, yates, achurch, hood, haughey , march and menzies should be steamrolling and mullering  a pack with the likes of paul jackson and lee doran  and their probably their 2 best forwards,  only rooney and parker id class as dangermen.We beat them 30-0 at home and they were lucky to get 0.

Posted Image

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

i think the quick turnaround from the eagles game has probably cost you this game.

#15 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

We were shattered second half knocked on six times on first tackle in second half badly miss Grimmer don't care what anyone says would have won that with him in team Hood going off was a massive loss definitely think Wednesday night took it out of us don't think I have seen a worse half of rugby then second half
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#16 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

We were shattered second half knocked on six times on first tackle in second half badly miss Grimmer don't care what anyone says would have won that with him in team Hood going off was a massive loss definitely think Wednesday night took it out of us don't think I have seen a worse half of rugby then second half

The thing is James with a team like this , we should'nt be relying on Grimmer and Hood all the time........

#17 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

"It's the worst game I've ever seen" was the chant that rang around the Recre at about 70 minutes, and to be honest anybody watching would find it hard to disagree !

The first half had been nothing to write home about but for 30-odd long, scoreless minutes of the second, it took me back to watching under-15's rugby as each team tried to outdo the other for the most ridiculous mistake. We seemed to have great trouble playing the ball and (of course) making and dealing with kicks, whilst Whitehaven's specialities seemed to be passing 3-4 yards behind the line of attack, and chucking it in touch on the left. And all the time knock-ons, forward passes and off-sides mounted on both sides.

It became a case of who would make the final, critical mistake ... though all the time you knew deep down exactly who it would be !!

Not many of the 34 players emerged with much credit but for us the props played a decent game, Watson didn't do much wrong at the back and Brickwood, recalled at centre, showed up well.

And every week I look at the league table and every week I'm none the wiser. I actually thought we'd be in the bottom two after that defeat but it seems we're up to 10th !! :blink:

Still impossible to say who will go down but the one saving grace is our points difference is better (in some cases much better) than all the teams around us.

Halifax (76-12 winners yesterday) next week ... can't wait !! ;)

#18 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Brickwood showed up well? Did you fall asleep and forget the game?

#19 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

I thought Brickwood went okay too with Watson by far and away our man of the match

#20 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

We never seem to find out who gets the MOTM for each game.  Is there a way of finding out?

What also blows my mind is this Premier team of the week??? :sclerosis:  How do they pick them?  They must say, "who were the best 4 players in the game" then pick 4th place.

I remember when we played Swinton.  Watson scored a hat trick and the Swinton FB (Hawkyard or something) was Full back of the week!!! :O

More bewildering than our league position !!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users