RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven v Hunslet post match

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

We never seem to find out who gets the MOTM for each game. Is there a way of finding out?

What also blows my mind is this Premier team of the week??? :sclerosis: How do they pick them? They must say, "who were the best 4 players in the game" then pick 4th place.

I remember when we played Swinton. Watson scored a hat trick and the Swinton FB (Hawkyard or something) was Full back of the week!!! :O

More bewildering than our league position !!!!!

Watson had a great game that day but I'd imagine the fact he was on a losing team that shipped 44 points had something to do with it

#22 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Barry Eaton got my Man of the Match - for his hard work, dedication and enthusiasm.

He was jumping over the chairs, screaming and kicking...He might be 5' 6" but he sure scared half of the oldies in the stand.

Edited by Gazmeister, 03 June 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#23 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Barry Eaton got my Man of the Match - for his hard work, dedication and enthusiasm.

He was jumping over the chairs, screaming and kicking...He might be 5' 6" but he sure scared half of the oldies in the stand.

I wouldn't mind him on the pitch, we might have a kicking game then!
  • Gazmeister likes this

#24 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

According to the rugby mag we dropped the bomb for their try to put them in front on 70 mins , anyone confirm?
Posted Image

#25 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

According to the rugby mag we dropped the bomb for their try to put them in front on 70 mins , anyone confirm?

Think it was a high bomb into the corner. Maples caught it then subsequently dropped it as he saw Parker running at him.

#26 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

The thing is James with a team like this , we should'nt be relying on Grimmer and Hood all the time........

with a team like this do you mean whitehaven?

#27 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Think it was a high bomb into the corner. Maples caught it then subsequently dropped it as he saw Parker running at him.

That was a bit earlier, Pryce put the ball down for the try that took them in front on 76 mins

#28 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

I think he means our team, particularly one including Moore & Achurch

#29 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Sorry , yes Hunslet

#30 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

thought you lot where gonna win when you run in 3 tries in 5 mins in the 1st half missed the second un was at the bar in fact i think you got 3 tries in your first 3 attacks 

#31 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Reading Eatons comments, the guy is deluded. Apparently we have played 4 games in 2 weeks. Is this a made up excuse or have I somehow missed a Hunslet game?

#32 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

We never get told the "coach of the week" either, and I see we've missed out on Josie Morino (something like that ) again.

#33 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Reading Eatons comments, the guy is deluded. Apparently we have played 4 games in 2 weeks. Is this a made up excuse or have I somehow missed a Hunslet game?

Workington A - 19th May
Batley H - 23rd May
Sheffield H - 29th May
Whitehaven A - 2nd June

4 games, 2 weeks

Edited by morley-hawk, 03 June 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#34 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Workington A - 19th May
Batley H - 23rd May
Sheffield H - 29th May
Whitehaven A - 2nd June

4 games, 2 weeks

That's not 2 weeks that's 3 weeks. It's like saying Whitehaven played 2 games in one week because they played last Sunday and this Sunday.

#35 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

That's not 2 weeks that's 3 weeks. It's like saying Whitehaven played 2 games in one week because they played last Sunday and this Sunday.

Well put it this way, it's 4 games in 14 days

#36 Penola

Penola
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Yes. 4 games in 2 weeks it is then

#37 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Brickwood showed up well? Did you fall asleep and forget the game?

Come to think of it, I might well have done ... did he do something outstandingly stupid whilst I was having 40 winks ??

Regarding the try that put Whitehaven ahead, it was a kick to opposite side to Mapals, someone dropped it (Welham?), Pryce grabbed for it and missed and knocked it into the path of the centre McAvoy who picked it up and ran the angle into the corner.

#38 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

15 to be precise. It's a first merging 3 weekends into 2 weeks.
It was only the Whitehaven game that the team have been at a disadvantage. The other games we have either had the same days rest, for Batley game. Then we had a extra day than sheffield for that game with almost a full weeks rest, then Whitehaven have a had the advantage with only a 4 day turnaround for hunslet. But by Eatons logic we both have played 2 games in a week

#39 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

His defensive positioning was all over the place and when he did get near Jessie Joe he insisted on going up top and losing the contact every time.

Saying that had Hood not gone off or that shocking forward pass call on Moore not been given then doubt he would have had to tackle Parker again in the Match.

#40 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Either way of looking at it, we have lost all our games while Sheffield have played the same amount and won all theirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users