Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven v Hunslet post match

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

15 to be precise. It's a first merging 3 weekends into 2 weeks.
It was only the Whitehaven game that the team have been at a disadvantage. The other games we have either had the same days rest, for Batley game. Then we had a extra day than sheffield for that game with almost a full weeks rest, then Whitehaven have a had the advantage with only a 4 day turnaround for hunslet. But by Eatons logic we both have played 2 games in a week

I think his point is that it's more than usual, and it's taken it's toll on the players, regardless of what the other sides have done, 4 games in 15 days is tough on the players, particularly those having played in each of them

#42 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

how many tries have come from kicks against us this season mainly  from our wingers/centres droping the ball, i,ll bet 50%

Posted Image

#43 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Either way of looking at it, we have lost all our games while Sheffield have played the same amount and won all theirs.

Sheffield will also spend 2 or 3 times what we do on the salary cap. davey, henderson, brambani and walker probably cost nearly as much as our whole cap, that's before even thinking about QLT & misi.

#44 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Sheffield will also spend 2 or 3 times what we do on the salary cap. davey, henderson, brambani and walker probably cost nearly as much as our whole cap, that's before even thinking about QLT & misi.

Don't forget we have got full time pro's in Moore, Achurch & Keinhurst playing.

#45 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

how many tries have come from kicks against us this season mainly  from our wingers/centres droping the ball, i,ll bet 50%

...contrasted with how many tries we score from our own kicks ... maybe 10% ??

To be pedantically accurate it's been four games in 14 days and around 95 minutes.

However, the next three games are a fortnight apart (or three games in 28 days and 95 minutes). Wonder what the excuse will be then??

#46 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yes. 4 games in 2 weeks it is then

What if its a Leap year and where playing in the same moth :drag:

#47 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Don't forget we have got full time pro's in Moore, Achurch & Keinhurst playing.

none of whom are play makers. it was no coincidence that are attack when down hill when hood went off.

#48 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

What if its a Leap year and where playing in the same moth :drag:

That bloody moth has come back again

#49 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

how many dual reg did hunslet have out a lot of there team had numbers in the 20s and 30s we had the 1 this week jordan hand we played pretty poor this week and won

#50 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

how many dual reg did hunslet have out a lot of there team had numbers in the 20s and 30s we had the 1 this week jordan hand we played pretty poor this week and won

We had 4, Watson, Hood, Achurch & Moore

Some Haven fan on the way out was kicking & screaming blue murder because we had 6 dual reg in, not sure how they worked that one out!

#51 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

We had 4, Watson, Hood, Achurch & Moore

Some Haven fan on the way out was kicking & screaming blue murder because we had 6 dual reg in, not sure how they worked that one out!

We had 4 + 1 Loan signing (Coyle) which counts towards the total of 5.  If we get another loan signing, say Brough! Then we could only play 3 Leeds D/R players

#52 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

We had 4 + 1 Loan signing (Coyle) which counts towards the total of 5. If we get another loan signing, say Brough! Then we could only play 3 Leeds D/R players

I didn't realise loan players counted towards a dual-reg quota

#53 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

We never seem to find out who gets the MOTM for each game.  Is there a way of finding out?

What also blows my mind is this Premier team of the week??? :sclerosis:  How do they pick them?  They must say, "who were the best 4 players in the game" then pick 4th place.

I remember when we played Swinton.  Watson scored a hat trick and the Swinton FB (Hawkyard or something) was Full back of the week!!! :O

More bewildering than our league position !!!!!

Pinstickers..

#54 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I didn't realise loan players counted towards a dual-reg quota

They dont

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#55 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

They dont

Oh yes they do, Mr Weare is on the money....

Edited by Hawkeye, 04 June 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Hawkeye
Posted Image

#56 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I was talking to that chap on Sunday, who interviews Eton on the video highlights - cant remember his name (one who wears a tie).  He was telling me loanees count in the quota.

#57 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Oh yes they do, Mr Weare is on the money....

I stand corrected  :rtfm:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#58 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

I stand corrected  :rtfm:

School boy error
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#59 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

I was talking to that chap on Sunday, who interviews Eton on the video highlights - cant remember his name (one who wears a tie).  He was telling me loanees count in the quota.

Mr.Burns

#60 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

I was talking to that chap on Sunday, who interviews Eton on the video highlights - cant remember his name (one who wears a tie). He was telling me loanees count in the quota.

can't be Hawkeye then, don't think he owns a tie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users