Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven v Hunslet post match

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

15 to be precise. It's a first merging 3 weekends into 2 weeks.
It was only the Whitehaven game that the team have been at a disadvantage. The other games we have either had the same days rest, for Batley game. Then we had a extra day than sheffield for that game with almost a full weeks rest, then Whitehaven have a had the advantage with only a 4 day turnaround for hunslet. But by Eatons logic we both have played 2 games in a week

I think his point is that it's more than usual, and it's taken it's toll on the players, regardless of what the other sides have done, 4 games in 15 days is tough on the players, particularly those having played in each of them

#42 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

how many tries have come from kicks against us this season mainly  from our wingers/centres droping the ball, i,ll bet 50%

Posted Image

#43 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Either way of looking at it, we have lost all our games while Sheffield have played the same amount and won all theirs.

Sheffield will also spend 2 or 3 times what we do on the salary cap. davey, henderson, brambani and walker probably cost nearly as much as our whole cap, that's before even thinking about QLT & misi.

#44 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Sheffield will also spend 2 or 3 times what we do on the salary cap. davey, henderson, brambani and walker probably cost nearly as much as our whole cap, that's before even thinking about QLT & misi.

Don't forget we have got full time pro's in Moore, Achurch & Keinhurst playing.

#45 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

how many tries have come from kicks against us this season mainly  from our wingers/centres droping the ball, i,ll bet 50%

...contrasted with how many tries we score from our own kicks ... maybe 10% ??

To be pedantically accurate it's been four games in 14 days and around 95 minutes.

However, the next three games are a fortnight apart (or three games in 28 days and 95 minutes). Wonder what the excuse will be then??

#46 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yes. 4 games in 2 weeks it is then

What if its a Leap year and where playing in the same moth :drag:

#47 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Don't forget we have got full time pro's in Moore, Achurch & Keinhurst playing.

none of whom are play makers. it was no coincidence that are attack when down hill when hood went off.

#48 Penola

Penola
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

What if its a Leap year and where playing in the same moth :drag:

That bloody moth has come back again

#49 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

how many dual reg did hunslet have out a lot of there team had numbers in the 20s and 30s we had the 1 this week jordan hand we played pretty poor this week and won

#50 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

how many dual reg did hunslet have out a lot of there team had numbers in the 20s and 30s we had the 1 this week jordan hand we played pretty poor this week and won

We had 4, Watson, Hood, Achurch & Moore

Some Haven fan on the way out was kicking & screaming blue murder because we had 6 dual reg in, not sure how they worked that one out!

#51 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

We had 4, Watson, Hood, Achurch & Moore

Some Haven fan on the way out was kicking & screaming blue murder because we had 6 dual reg in, not sure how they worked that one out!

We had 4 + 1 Loan signing (Coyle) which counts towards the total of 5.  If we get another loan signing, say Brough! Then we could only play 3 Leeds D/R players

#52 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

We had 4 + 1 Loan signing (Coyle) which counts towards the total of 5. If we get another loan signing, say Brough! Then we could only play 3 Leeds D/R players

I didn't realise loan players counted towards a dual-reg quota

#53 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

We never seem to find out who gets the MOTM for each game.  Is there a way of finding out?

What also blows my mind is this Premier team of the week??? :sclerosis:  How do they pick them?  They must say, "who were the best 4 players in the game" then pick 4th place.

I remember when we played Swinton.  Watson scored a hat trick and the Swinton FB (Hawkyard or something) was Full back of the week!!! :O

More bewildering than our league position !!!!!

Pinstickers..

#54 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I didn't realise loan players counted towards a dual-reg quota

They dont

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#55 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

They dont

Oh yes they do, Mr Weare is on the money....

Edited by Hawkeye, 04 June 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Hawkeye
Posted Image

#56 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I was talking to that chap on Sunday, who interviews Eton on the video highlights - cant remember his name (one who wears a tie).  He was telling me loanees count in the quota.

#57 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Oh yes they do, Mr Weare is on the money....

I stand corrected  :rtfm:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#58 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

I stand corrected  :rtfm:

School boy error
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#59 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

I was talking to that chap on Sunday, who interviews Eton on the video highlights - cant remember his name (one who wears a tie).  He was telling me loanees count in the quota.

Mr.Burns

#60 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

I was talking to that chap on Sunday, who interviews Eton on the video highlights - cant remember his name (one who wears a tie). He was telling me loanees count in the quota.

can't be Hawkeye then, don't think he owns a tie.