Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Myton v Skirlaugh

Predictions?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Tuesday at 6.45 pm Myton take on Skirlaugh at Marist Sports Club

Any thoughts or predictions?

I do hear Myton are bringing Mark Spence into the side, it should be a good local derby game

#2 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Why did his dad give him his dummy he spat out not my words but his team mates but think it will be a close game but my money is on myton by 6

#3 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Mark is a top drawer player though and would walk into most conference sides

We just have to make sure we play like we did against dockers

#4 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Im not saying he is not i think he is a great player but he stormed out of a training session cos his old man had a go at him and they have bin struggling and he has not bin playing for them when they need him and dont nobody say he has done his hamstring

#5 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Agree mark is a class player but throwing his toys out his pram when the going gets tough is a big no no in rugby league. Looking forward to the game I got a few pals in skirlaugh side. Myton by 12.

#6 The master

The master
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Myton by 18

#7 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Skirlaugh by 10

#8 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Me and shadow may give this one a look tomorrow night. Staying on the east coast. Only been to one hull derby before many years ago. This may be to close to call, but I will go for the home side by 6pts.

#9 codecracker

codecracker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

THE CATMAN IS BACK TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Ryan hair

Ryan hair
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

I hear 3rd man in Jordan precious is playing as well as the cat man!!! 2 good players to have back.

#11 codecracker

codecracker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Skirlaugh WON at Myton!!

#12 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

A hard fought game between both sides, Skirlaugh tonight just had the edge and came away with 14 points

Best of Luck both sides for the rest of the year,

Myton will beat Ince on Saturday easily after watching both teams in the last week

#13 The master

The master
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Both teams will be lucky to stay up west hull will give them a good hiding Saturday very scrappy skirlaugh

#14 APRODUCERJOINS

APRODUCERJOINS
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Very poor game to watch, surprised at the selection of a few myton players in there positions, precious not a centre and number 4 should be in the pack, Mark spence needs to be playing

#15 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Myton will be ok, i think it will be a very tight relegation battle

#16 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

As a fan of rugby league i thought i knew the game but dont reckon i do not any more why did myton play the dunham brothers for the full 80 when one looked like he got a injury but stayed on and played lee fewless for the 80 aswell but interchanged his wingers and centres im confused.com i thought skirlaugh played ok thought johno played well but thought skirlaugh got away with murder in and around the ruck #poorref as for mark spence dont stand there talking start walking and yeah wests will beat skirlaugh sat cos west is best

#17 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

It was an OK game, what is to be expected for a mid week game considering most of the lads will have come straight from work. I fully expected Myton to take the spoils with their big physical pack however I thought Myton stood up very well down the middle and were outstanding in their defense, to nill a side like Myton is a great achievement. Skirlaugh have won 2 derbies on the bounce however I doubt they will get the spoils on Saturday as the recovery period is too small but if Skirlaugh carry on like they are I think they will avoid the relegation battle. Not sure what is going on at Myton but they need to sort it out pretty quickly!!

#18 hull reporter

hull reporter
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

It wasn't the best game but can tell both are down there skirlaugh definatly deserved it and havent seen many nills this year so that will be a massive positive for them, myton look in trouble seem to have lost all confidence from last year it was allways gonna be harder 2nd year

#19 codecracker

codecracker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Yes I agree Myton do look to be in Trouble. Losing 8 From 10 is not good but I do think they have enough quality in there squad but maybe it isn't getting used in the right way as someone else also said several players out of position and key players not getting stints when needed. Long long way to go and things can change so quickly lets  hope that is the case and get all Hull clubs out of the relagation places.

Edited by codecracker, 05 June 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#20 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Has lee fewlass left Gateshead already o is he allowed to play for both amateur and pro? Best myton team all season yesterday and still got nilled their really are in trouble, only missing booth welham and spence from last years team, although they are 3 top draw players IMO. They bench is very very poor, but so is the 2nd team and that's the players occupying The bench, heard spence say last night "I ain't putting him on" when asked if a sub was getting a go obviously no trust in the SQUAD players, marks hamstring looked fine aswell running up and down.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Predictions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users