Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ground Development

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Anyone else heard the rumour of the potential development of the Counthill playing fields.Why has their been no development or no application for development at Whitebank?

#2 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Anyone else heard the rumour of the potential development of the Counthill playing fields.Why has their been no development or no application for development at Whitebank?

Counthill playing fields are being upgraded as the sports centre for waterhead academy and public use , the only thing that will be built on the schools footprint will be housing .As for whitebank i would not hold your breath

#3 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Think the pat by D1029 is hinting that Oldham could be involved at Counthill. It was proposed at one stage that Waterhead would relocate to Counthill . Can't see a stadium getting planing up there poor road access.

#4 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

Think the pat by D1029 is hinting that Oldham could be involved at Counthill. It was proposed at one stage that Waterhead would relocate to Counthill . Can't see a stadium getting planing up there poor road access.

Its the same road that lead to the Watersheddings ground.

#5 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

I am pretty sure that either the RFL or Oldham RL Service Area put in some investment in to the facilities up there some years ago. Not sure what the owenership outcome of this is though.

#6 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

I am pretty sure that either the RFL or Oldham RL Service Area put in some investment in to the facilities up there some years ago. Not sure what the owenership outcome of this is though.

Wifes cousin works at waterhead academy, she told me that the sports centre is being refurbished for the school and public use.

#7 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Wifes cousin works at waterhead academy, she told me that the sports centre is being refurbished for the school and public use.

Don't doubt it for one minute. Just stating that some investment in the past was provided by Rugby League sources.

#8 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Don't doubt it for one minute. Just stating that some investment in the past was provided by Rugby League sources.

Was for pitch improvement and drainage i think when the service area teams were playing there.

#9 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

The RFL helped fund the extension of the smaller gym and classrooms upstairs of the Sports Hall and no money was given for the pitches, only hire.

The council couldnt be bothered even mowing or marking the pitches out.

Edited by oldhamer, 03 June 2013 - 02:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users