Crusaders next week

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

So, an ugly but hard fought win behind us.Next week for me we will see the best two team in CH1. We need our fans there as loud as possible, don't expect any favours from the plastic welsh fans (or the stadium announcer who doesn't know the meaning of sportsmanship)  who probably travel further than we will to the game.Expect our forwards to be key, Wrexham is a big wide pitch so for me an improvement on Palfrey's kicking is required, no silly passes in our own half and unforced mistakes. We can succeed but it will not be easy. Think we will be better prepared this time from Naylor and I think more importantly for this one wiley old Spanner.

One for all and all for the one

#2 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Plastic Welsh fans? What a silly statement!

#3 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Couldn't agree more that with Oldham's recent form its very much looking like a clash between two teams vying for the title. Oxford and Hemel came out the blocks well but I think the established teams are finding their form led by the Roughyeds and then the Hornets.

The coaching set up of Naylor and Spencer looks to be pretty switched on and if rumour is to be believed there's been an understandable churn of players at Whitebank as they come to terms with who's good enough and who isn't.

Think you'll need to bring an army of fans to compete on the singing front - we plastic Welsh love a good sign song! Rumour has it there'll be over 1,000 fans come Sunday!

#4 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

We will be there singing our hearts out as always we dont need a drum to make some noise. Looking forward to Sunday we will be a different prospect to the northern rail game in march. Crusaders support at whitebank last season was great the singing in our clubhouse was best atmosphere ive heard in there. See you all Sunday in the turf before the game Up the roughyeds!!!

#5 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Is Ian Cockroft still doing the stats for Oldham? I've not seen him at the  last 2 or 3 Oldham games I've attended? If you read this Ian, get in the Turf before the game and I will get you a pint mate!

#6 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

I have to agree that Cru  will take some beating both on the pitch and on the terraces. But the Oldham faithfull will be in full voice no matter what. Also hope the real Roughyeds turn up this time and do themselves justice. Now showing some form and so Cru will be a good test. No matter what, lets get behind the Yeds!.

#7 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Come and join us in the Turf Tosh and then the singing after !!! Up the Yeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 cockcy3

cockcy3
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

I will be there.  If I can get to the Turf I will see you there but its difficult to get there before hand.

#9 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Come and join us in the Turf Tosh and then the singing after !!! Up the Yeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably need to be in the ground quite early and need to shoot straight back after the game but hope you have a great day!

#10 MTBDoug

MTBDoug
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hope you all enjoy your trip over to Wrexham.

This was posted on the Cru Supporters Facebook page a couple of days ago if any of you can make it over a little earlier than kickoff.

The turf will be open in the sun from 11am on Sunday as we have a bungee jump. Free punch, castle for the kids BBQ , outside music, outside bar and of course real ale.

The bungee jumps are for charity

Edited by MTBDoug, 06 June 2013 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users