Matt Calland

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Didn't see Matt there today, was he there?
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#2 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

hes been off work with a bad back phil rumour has it hornets are trying to get rid

#3 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

That explains his absence. I hope the second part isn't true. Can anyone shed any light on this.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

I would take any posts from people not employed by the club re the employment of people employed by the club with a pinch of salt.  Again this arises just after a Members' Meeting when anything could be raised and be reported officially.

Let's wait for something official eh?

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

He was at the Under 20s game this week.

#6 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

There are problems with Matt and the Board, lets hope issues are resolved

#7 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

He played for Mayfield on Saturday

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Do you remember this little outburst after your puncture on the way back from Neath Lakeside?

"I ve just had a puncture at Hilton Park Services message for Pooing Dog = Pugwash = Mark Wynn provide us with a winning team or clear off."

Not quite as quick with the congratulations as you are with the condemnations are we matey?  However, you're welcome!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

He definitely wasn't with the squad on Sunday. I didn't spot him anywhere. If he's off sick with a bad back? How can he play for Mayfield On Saturday. Has he been suspended? or is staying away from the club? I pray we don't loose Matt.
Phil Bull.

#10 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

He's Mayfield Player/Coach(as well as Hopwood Hall & Hornets U 20's) has been for the last 2 seasons since leaving Halifax, Why shouldn't he Play ? ,

As  'Pegleg'   keeps reminding you all there is a Thread at the Top of the Page 'Questions for the Club' where the Question can be asked or do what we Do and ask him Personally ! 

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#11 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Do you remember this little outburst after your puncture on the way back from Neath Lakeside?

"I ve just had a puncture at Hilton Park Services message for Pooing Dog = Pugwash = Mark Wynn provide us with a winning team or clear off."

Not quite as quick with the congratulations as you are with the condemnations are we matey?  However, you're welcome!

Pugwash.

Please could you stay on the topic that is the idea

#12 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Just to finally put this one to bed, Matt has not left and is not leaving the club as anybody who is a member has been informed either by being at the meeting last week or by reading their Member's Newsletter today.

So I don't know where JBBA get his information but he has bought a pup with this one!!!

I will wait and let all members read the full news for themselves as some may not get it until they arrive home from work and post the full news item tomorrow.  The short answer is, if you want to be in the know then join the club and get everything from the horse's mouth and not from someone who is just guessing at best!

COME ON HORNETS!!!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#13 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

Apparently, the question of whether Matt was or wasn't leaving the club was discussed at the meeting last week.

The reason Matt has been missing from certain games is explained by a previously booked holiday and some sickness leave because of his back.  The plan is for Matt to take over as head coach of Rochdale Hornets next season!

So it's very simple, when someone comes on here giving some spurious information treat it as just rumour until you've checked with the club and if you want to be kept up to date with any news as it breaks, JOIN THE CLUB!!!!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#14 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

I hope your joking

#15 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Brilliant news about Matt being coach next season, I would think that the operation would also move back to Rochdale which would also be great. Hornets should also be using local business not coach companies from St Helens.

#16 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Brilliant news about Matt being coach next season, I would think that the operation would also move back to Rochdale which would also be great. Hornets should also be using local business not coach companies from St Helens.

I to was a bit surprised to see the lads in a St Helens bus, but talking to the lads they love it, it is pure luxury, and if they arrive feeling less stressed, then I am all for it.

I seem to recall at the beginning of the season some deal with the RFL either paying for teams away travel or heavily subsidising it, maybe this has something to do with it.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#17 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

I would have thought like any good business the club will have shopped around to get the best deal . With all the travelling required this season it must be a priority to get the team to the grounds as relaxed as possible . So if the best deal for the best coach is a St Helens company thats good buisness to go with them
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#18 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

I would have thought like any good business the club will have shopped around to get the best deal . With all the travelling required this season it must be a priority to get the team to the grounds as relaxed as possible . So if the best deal for the best coach is a St Helens company thats good buisness to go with them

hope matty doesnt take any input from MARTIN HALL after the debacle when he was coach at hornets for those that dont or wont wnt to remember  what he he tried to do ,so reminded me of TONY PRATT 

#19 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

I was talking to someone at today' game who is a good source of information and the St. Helens coach is part of the 'deal' between our two clubs. When the Saints have no call on the coach, which is very luxurious indeed, we have first dibs on it.

Of course some will not accept this as good business sense but I thank goodness they aren't running the club!!!

Blackhawk, I can't really decipher your message above so you may want to 'remind' us of what you are on about and why it should concern you?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#20 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Dual Registration and Ian Talbot has just not worked out. Time to play the trump card and get Matt Calland in the hot seat. He has the club at heart and works at Hopwood Hall - simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users