Town V Leigh predictions.

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

tough game yet again. heart says bonus point head says unless we get over the last two shows and improve our defence,intensity and kicking game it could be a long afternoon. hopefully some bodies back and a solid performance like we are capable of and you never know.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

You'd just never know would you ? The names are there on paper , we just want to see a good , intense 80 minute effort and you'll be competing in most games . If a Craven is there and one or two more is added to match their quality even better .Leigh are beatable , but then again most teams we've lost to where. Win a game like this and you've rebalanced the scales from a game you were expected to win but didn't .

Edited by DavidM, 03 June 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

You'd just never know would you ? The names are there on paper , we just want to see a good , intense 80 minute effort and you'll be competing in most games . If a Craven is there and one or two more is added to match their quality even better .Leigh are beatable , but then again most teams we've lost to where. Win a game like this and you've rebalanced the scales from a game you were expected to win but didn't .

my feelings too David. well said.

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Leigh are by no means unbeatable even with 3 DR players from Wigan but we have to have the right team on the field to do it.   We need 100% team spirit and effort to do it, nothing less will do for a win.    It will be interesting to see where McNally plays fullback or stand-off!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

Leigh are by no means unbeatable even with 3 DR players from Wigan but we have to have the right team on the field to do it. We need 100% team spirit and effort to do it, nothing less will do for a win. It will be interesting to see where McNally plays fullback or stand-off!!!

we simply have to refuse to play the game in our own half by stepping our kicking game up and pinning them back. town are best when they stick to the basics as in complete sets, good kick chase and defend well the rest will fall in place.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

I hope the Leigh team are thinking as disrespectfully as some of their fans about the game.    They don't need a halfback from Wigan as it's only Worky they are playing, etc, etc. 

We need to get this game built up locally as they are talking of bringing upwards of 200 fans with them.    They think they have an easy fixture so let's send them home with a flea in their ears!!!!

Edited by Keith T, 03 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

I hope the Leigh team are thinking as disrespectfully as some of their fans about the game. They don't need a halfback from Wigan as it's only Worky they are playing, etc, etc.

We need to get this game built up locally as they are talking of bringing upwards of 200 fans with them. They think they have an easy fixture so let's send them home with a flea in their ears!!!!

i doubt the leigh coach will have that attitude. why do they need 200 fans if it will be an easy win i'm not sure of their thinking there. it goes without saying they are good side they put three in the tackle lie on bit in defence and have good defensive line speed to slow us down and play with good intensity with ball in hand and speed around the play the ball. that's why its important we pin them back as much as possible and make them play off their own line.

#8 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

TBH if we play like we have been it will be an easy win for them, you can't blame the Leigh fans for being so confident if they watched us on Thursday night. Unless we buck our ideas up a bonus point will be a very good result for us.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#9 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

TBH if we play like we have been it will be an easy win for them, you can't blame the Leigh fans for being so confident if they watched us on Thursday night. Unless we buck our ideas up a bonus point will be a very good result for us.

Cmon Leigh hope mcnally has a field day 16-38

#10 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

thanks spacecake all opinions welcome and i will not verbally abuse you because of you opinion as you did me on the haven site.

Edited by town4me, 03 June 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#11 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

I will be taking this game in on Sunday.

Edited by rockerlad, 03 June 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#12 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

He is dangerous, but there is more than McNally to bother about at Leigh Mr Spacecake. If we defend well and deny them room in attack I'd hope to not concede so many points. The problem might be scoring more than we concede as our attack hasn't exactly been sharp of late.

What is your prediction of Sheffield v Haven out of interest?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

Beswick and Penkywicz are wily old string pullers for them , and we all know how dummy half players can cause us problems . Arguably the most annoying single thing coming out of Thursdays game was seeing Feather dive over from dummy half - who would have thought he'd do that ? We know what players do and they still do it !!

#14 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

thanks spacecake all opinions welcome and i will not verbally abuse you because of you opinion as you did me on the haven site.

way off the mark there marra thats not the spacey off the haven site its an imposter dont be fooled

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

we have to beat one of the top 5 teams and i think leigh are the most beatable that we still have to play. town by 8 if acton and phillips are back and coyle isnt.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Beswick and Penkywicz are wily old string pullers for them , and we all know how dummy half players can cause us problems . Arguably the most annoying single thing coming out of Thursdays game was seeing Feather dive over from dummy half - who would have thought he'd do that ? We know what players do and they still do it !!

With Penkywicz you know what you are going to get anywhere near the line.   I believe Beswick and McNally have been playing at halfback with Pownall at fullback.    If that is the way they play we should make sure Connor puts up a few of them bombs he can do as Pownall isn't so hot under the high balls.

#17 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

you are playing them at a good time...make the most of Leighs injuries guys and get them beat...

Edited by morty, 03 June 2013 - 04:53 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#18 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Sheffield 42 haven 24

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Sheffield 42 haven 24

Don't you think it's a bit naff pinching another Haven fans name to post on here?    

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

you are playing them at a good time...make the most of Leighs injuries guys and get them beat...

who have they got injured lee? we have to compete with their intensity and make them play from their own half when they have ball in hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users