TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Town V Leigh predictions.

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

who have they got injured lee? we have to compete with their intensity and make them play from their own half when they have ball in hand.

Parker Aspinwall Higson Ridyard Brierley and Ostick mate

Parker Ridyard and Brierley were brilliant against us at their place

Lee

Edited by morty, 03 June 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Barra ripped them up the guts with smaller fast guys ... Once again Matty , Callum , Karl etc , speed up them rucks and run !!! And kick long and get them running backwards and working out of their own end

Edited by DavidM, 03 June 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#23 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Parker Aspinwall Higson Ridyard Brierley and Ostick mate

Parker Ridyard and Brierley were brilliant against us at their place

Lee

cheers lee. barrow ran them all the way down at theirs and that is the one of the reasons i think if we can perform to our best you never know. barrow showed what you can do if you get amongst them.

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Barra ripped them up the guts with smaller fast guys ... Once again Matty , Callum , Karl etc , speed up them rucks and run !!! And kick long and get them running backwards and working out of their own end

agreed David. i'm repeating myself but our kicking is massive in this one we must make them play off their own line. Peter lupton is our man.

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Don't worry about repeating because you're spot on . The players need it repeating to them to!!!

#26 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Don't worry about repeating because you're spot on . The players need it repeating to them to!!!

widnes did it to us and it was so effective. they even kicked on 4th tackle gave good chase and we had to play into a strong defence from our own line. yes we are no widnes but the tactic is very effective lets give it a go.

#27 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Don't you think it's a bit naff pinching another Haven fans name to post on here?    

Sorry keith i am THE spacecake from the haven forum dont kbow where ya getting ye info from 

#28 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Leigh by 20

#29 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Sorry keith i am THE spacecake from the haven forum dont kbow where ya getting ye info from

Donald a haven poster on here says your not.

#30 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Leigh by 20

thanks all opinions welcome

#31 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Do you expect owt else after last 2 performances

#32 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Do you expect owt else after last 2 performances

oh dear its moderator time

#33 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

I hope the Leigh team are thinking as disrespectfully as some of their fans about the game.    They don't need a halfback from Wigan as it's only Worky they are playing, etc, etc. 

We need to get this game built up locally as they are talking of bringing upwards of 200 fans with them.    They think they have an easy fixture so let's send them home with a flea in their ears!!!!

Where are these posts from disrespectful Leigh fans?

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Where are these posts from disrespectful Leigh fans?

RLFans.com, where someone posted that you did not need DR's this week or someone from Wigan to play at half-back for the match at Worky!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

oh dear its moderator time

Why?? Everything written in those last 2 posts makes sense. Those comments could quite easily be those of a Town fan.

#36 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

yeah we cant really complain about any fans being confident of beating us, weve been poor in our last 2 outings. and a team pushing for the top who recently hammered the 2 teams that have just beaten us should be confident of a win and we would be in there scenario. lets just hope we can perform at 100% and cause an upset.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#37 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

RLFans.com, where someone posted that you did not need DR's this week or someone from Wigan to play at half-back for the match at Worky!!!

No worries, can`t seem to find the thread, not that I don`t believe you.

Regards the DR we`ve not had a half-back from the Pies to my recollection. Since Ridyard and Brierley have been out injured, we`ve used McNally,Beswick and Nicholson in the halves.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#38 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Yeah Town fan also a realist,didnt York put 50 past us

#39 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

we simply have to refuse to play the game in our own half by stepping our kicking game up and pinning them back. town are best when they stick to the basics as in complete sets, good kick chase and defend well the rest will fall in place.

...... and don't force it early on as we tend to do. We weren't a million miles off any of the top teams that have played us here but we'll need to upset the odds I guess.

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yeah Town fan also a realist,didnt York put 50 past us

No!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users