Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Now for the test

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

With no home game until 28 July and matches against some of our main rivals, it will be a testing time for coach/players, fans and not least the club. Revenue will be minimal after 5 weeks on the road where most attendances will be sub 500.  Essential then for our promotion chances, to emerge with not a few wins, bonus points and with confidence for the final home run-in.  Defence will be a key factor and it seems that we have improved of late, aside from those switching off periods.  Any news on the injury front, particulary Crook? Having two good place kickers would be a bonus.  Is this run-in is where the Saints factor will really benefit?

Go for it... we need out of this division.

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Good call mate, we will be very severely tested in the next month or so which will define our season!  The players will nee to be 'switched on' at all times and if we can come out of tis period with more wins than losses then we will be handily placed for the run-in.

Oxford will be a big test as they seem to be quite strong especially at home, London away is a bit of a bogey for us and Hemel away will be 'interesting', shall we say?  North Wales away is in that period as well ad we will have to be rally firing to take the points there.  Oxford, Gateshead then London, that' some travelling for the loyal fans.

As for Crook, I believe he trained last Thursday but was not considered to be ready for inclusion yet.  He did tell me via Twitter he was targeting yesterday but that's rugby players for you, too keen for their own good.  Maybe next week?!?!?

I can't go away at the moment so I will follow the games on Twitter with my fingers crossed!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users