Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

JK "appalled"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

As quoted in League Express, JK said he had not enjoyed the match at all and had been appalled at Batley's lack of control, composure and discipline. "We need to be more ruthless and disciplined if we are going to challenge for the title."

Think he could also have said to be more inventive.

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hes not wrong - I wonder how much of an impact him sitting in his little box behind the posts has - just an observation but I would have thought him being on the touchline would be a lot more effective in getting his thoughts and messages across during a game instead of it being relatyed second hand.

Clearly a lot of the messages he sends dont get through or get lost in translation judging by his comments and the product on the field this season so far.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#3 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

It shows how far we have come when both fans and coach seem unhappy with a comfortable win against our neighbours, a team lying 6th in the division at kick off.

Mind you JKs concern seems to be control. He was happiest with the first half when we nilled them, but also when it took a remarkable effort for us to get over the try line. From a speccies point of view I enjoyed the second half more when there was some space created, some good runs and flowing trys. I cannot argue with JK, of course, as he clearly knows how to win games. I just find it interesting that the part of the game that I enjoyed more was the part that he was most critical of (and I expect correctly so).

Anyway, onward and hopefully upward.

Edited by Bi11, 07 June 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#4 From the South

From the South
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

It appears to me that our gameplan this year is based on a very strong defensive effort backed up with top notch fitness that enables us to cut loose a bit late on. So many of our games have appeared an arm wrestle earlier on then we finish strongly, sometimes leaving things a bit late for my blood pressure. 

#5 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hes not wrong - I wonder how much of an impact him sitting in his little box behind the posts has - just an observation but I would have thought him being on the touchline would be a lot more effective in getting his thoughts and messages across during a game instead of it being relayed second hand.

Not many coaches sit on the touchline these days. The system must be working or they'd all do it.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#6 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

JK likes to be high up so he has a better view of player movement. There are a lot of things that you can't see very well when on the touchline.