Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stadium developments

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#21 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

I would think like most rules they aren't retrospective. So PO was built to the rules they had at the time. This new terrace is built to the regs in force now. Kirklees or any other council for that matter enforce the rules, they don't make them. I wouldnt want to see it rushed and have a serious incident which could see the ground closed.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#22 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the insight, Ramite. I wasn't aware of the retrospective concept. Still seems a little crazy, though. Its ok for fans stood on ancient terracing to be placed st risk, simply because it was constructed in an era when current regulations didn't apply?

Posted Image

#23 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Sorry to disagree but am fairly certain that the rules aren't retrospective. The terracing should be of a certain standard today or it should be condemned. If a major incident with casualties occurred then I don't think it would be any defence to say "well it was ok when it was built".

#24 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Does that mean all the Dewsbury fans will have to have inside toilets installed in their rundown hovels??

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#25 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the insight, Ramite. I wasn't aware of the retrospective concept. Still seems a little crazy, though. Its ok for fans stood on ancient terracing to be placed st risk, simply because it was constructed in an era when current regulations didn't apply?

If they did apply then clubs would be forced to upgrade the ground at massive cost every time the rules changed. Im guessing it's similar to energy efficiently in new homes, they have to meet certain levels but you couldn't apply it to 200 year old houses.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#26 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Does that mean all the Dewsbury fans will have to have inside toilets installed in their rundown hovels??

Sounds like you speak from experience piggy. Personally I have indoor toilets  both in my town and my country houses, and also in my Monaco flat. :blum:

#27 IanFalkiner

IanFalkiner
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

At one time Post Office Road did have crush barriers. I am guessing they were removed due to health and safety because I do know the capacity was greatly reduced. So when you visit in a few weeks time you will have to sit in 1 of the 2 relatively modern stands or stand on the ancient terracing (the new stand is progressing but quite a bit to do yet). I wonder if all clubs within Wakefield MDC can say the same?

#28 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Sorry have to inform you but it will not look as if any further progress has been made since the last Home Game.

We are having severe problems with Barrier Fixing technology, the design of the handrails for the walkway at the rear
and the side rail load bearing capacity to stop people from walking from the Terrace on to the Grass Banking. In addition,
we have having a problem with the specification and soucing for the pitch side fencing - again to do with the pressure
loading ratings. I think we may have a solution to the major items (to be confirmed at a site meeting this week)and we will
hopefully order the materials after this.

The good news is that the new turnstile doors on the North Stand Side Block should all be finished this week - bet no-one has
even noticed the new South Stand Ones!

If I had more hair left, I would be tearing it out! I never realised at the start of the project that it would be like studying
for a Construction Engineering Degree when approaching retirement age!

What are the chances of the terracing been ready for the remaining fixtures this season ? Or would it be more realistic to maybe plan for the big opening on Boxing Day against the bulldogs ,weather permitting of course.Also looking ahead even more,how long in the future would work start on the Western terrace,would it be ready for 2015?

#29 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

What are the chances of the terracing been ready for the remaining fixtures this season ? Or would it be more realistic to maybe plan for the big opening on Boxing Day against the bulldogs ,weather permitting of course.Also looking ahead even more,how long in the future would work start on the Western terrace,would it be ready for 2015?

Do you think this is maybe WR's "Field of Dreams"?

:smoke:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#30 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

If you build it,they will come,unless we end up in championship one!!

#31 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Or it's called Mount Unpleasant

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#32 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Seeing as none of you lot could be arsed to post any photos

terrace3.jpg

terrace2.jpg

terrace1.jpg

#33 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

We intend to post photographs when it is finished and officially opened.

#34 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

We intend to post photographs when it is finished and officially opened.

Which translates to "couldn't be arsed"

#35 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

think roger t ram posted some photos on one of his sites after last home game ?

#36 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Not sure that there was anyone asking for pictures of the unfinished terrace. I will be getting a live update at Sunday's game.

But terrace is looking very good.

#37 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

Not sure that there was anyone asking for pictures of the unfinished terrace.

I was

#38 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Its about time you lot ended your love affair with rickety wooden fences, spoils the whole picture.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#39 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Best looking set of steps ive seen this week!

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#40 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yep I have been posting frequent pictures of the projects entire progress on my Facebook page and my main online gallery after each home match. Several have also been in the newspapers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users