Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Latics ownership

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

I see ex Widnes Chairman Stephen Vaughan is making a bid for Latics.

#2 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

I see ex Widnes Chairman Stephen Vaughan is making a bid for Latics.

I guess it's difficult not to speculate and think' Hmmmmmmm!?' Maybe he might have ideas in our direction, but then again he might not.

But then again I've just read the chrons article about it and maybe it's not such a good idea.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 04 June 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#3 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Definitely a case of better the devil you know.

#4 NineTeenEightyOneMascot

NineTeenEightyOneMascot
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Director confirms no current plans to sell the club

After discussions with Latics' Chairman Simon Corney, who is currently in New York, Director Barry Owen can confirm there are no plans to sell the club or any stake in it to the Vaughan consortium or any other bodies.

In an exclusive interview with Latics Player, Mr Owen said: "The Chairman has never made any secrecy of the fact the club is for sale.

"However, it has always been a stipulation that any sale would have to be in the best interests of Oldham Athletic Football Club."

Mr Owen went on to say the Chairman is an astute businessman and there are very few people who would stick by a loss-making organisation for the length of time he has done.

He continued: "This demonstrates his passion and love for the club and, from a personal point of view, it is unfortunate people want to second guess his intentions.

"The Club is currently in the final stages of developing the new North Stand and I am sure Simon is fully focused on this particular project.

"I am aware that the club staff have been assured their jobs are safe and no takeover will occur to the Vaughan consortium."

Mr Owen added it is not uncommon for groups to show an interest in purchasing football clubs and some time ago the Vaughan consortium did so with Latics.

He said: "I am somewhat confused at this stage as to why they have decided that publicity would benefit their cause.

"We look forward to progressing with our new projects and to the start of the new season."

#5 Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hmmmm :(

Looks like Simon Corney was in very serious talks to sell Latics but that the F.A. have squashed the idea.

Thank goodness it was stopped, Stephen Vaughan makes Ken Bates look legitimate.  :sclerosis:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users