RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

danny brough

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

probably the best half back in super league will be gracing derwent park at the end of the year, playing for scotland.another reason for all of cumbria to come up and support some local lads and some of the best that super league has to offer. why danny isnt in the england squad is beyond me. further proof that mcnamara is a clueless coach.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Id agree with that . If we see Sinfield walking out with 6 on his back against Australia and going head on with Thurston I may cry !
If I was Gareth Widdop i may be tempted to tell Macnamara where to go to , he's been treated shabbily in the past also in big games. Hello Steve , him and Brough look pretty good to me but there you go ...DP is gonna see some stars!

Edited by DavidM, 04 June 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Does Lunty qualify for Scotland?   It would be great to have him playing with Brough for Scotland as they make a great combination at the Giants.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Should probably try and get a gig for someone else Keith as he's another who's far to good to picked by McNamara ! Should be him n Roby but I wouldn't hold my breath.

#5 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Does Lunty qualify for Scotland?   It would be great to have him playing with Brough for Scotland as they make a great combination at the Giants.

http://www.superleag...ng-with-england

Seems not Keith

"It's England or nothing for me," Lunt told the Huddersfield Daily Examiner.

"Rob was born in the Isle of Man, which means he qualifies to play for any of the Celtic countries.

"But I was born in Cumbria so England is the only option for me."

But saying that I thought Peter (father and ex Carlisle Border Raiders) was also born in the Isle of Man, so Meaty could qualify on his father's place of birth.

But unlike Brough he seems to have decided to prove McNamara has made a mistake in the Exiles match squad and wants to prove he is worthy of a WC squad place.

Edited by yanto, 07 June 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

how burrows is selected before lunt bemuses me. and off current form shaun should be well ahead of roby as well.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users