League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Doncaster Sun9th June 3pm K.O.

Match Thread & Predictions

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (20 votes [64.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.52%

2. Doncaster To Win (11 votes [35.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.48%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

My god over the years I've seen some rubbish performances but this was a shambles we took the best player off the pitch in Ellis we don't want to tackle did not even look like scoring what is going on

Edit use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 09 June 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#22 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

DONS WIN
COYD

#23 sir HaRoLd FaCey

sir HaRoLd FaCey
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Wheels have fallen off. No DP and its all gone to pot. Crisis time.

#24 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Very true kid best team won

#25 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Paul Cooke mustve done some work for the town in the last week as he had freedom of Fev today to do what he pleased!

Ref ridiculous but we were worse - a BP flattered us in the end

Will sharp MoM but all tries in 2nd half went down that wing bar the last one when we fell for the 'Paul cookes going to get ball and put over a DG but instead ships it to their prop to barge over' play, but Sharp best of a bad bunch

Finns leadership today absolute terrible as well

Matt James should be ashamed of himself for that 50 yard run and simple inside ball to Finn to go in unguarded, yet went for glory and lost it! That was the game-changer

Send that league leaders shield first class to Sheffield tomorrow morning first thing

Edited by elppaxr2i, 09 June 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#26 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Paul Cooke mustve done some work for the town in the last week as he had freedom of Fev today to do what he pleased!

Will sharp MoM but all tries in 2nd half went down that wing bar the last one when we fell for the 'Paul cookes going to get ball and put over a DG but instead ships it to their prop to barge over' play, but Sharp best of a bad bunch

Matt James should be ashamed of himself for that 50 yard run and simple inside ball to Finn to go in unguarded, yet went for glory and lost it! That was the game-changer

Send that league leaders shield first class to Sheffield tomorrow morning first thing

Ahahahaha boo hoo. The wheels o. The bus have fallen off!!. Leigh messed up today too so not all doom and gloom

Edited by Ackropj, 09 June 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#27 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Well played Donny..best team by far;

#28 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Abysmal performance. We have been loosing the sparkle, prior to DP departing, IMO. Not a patch on the team we were last year and the start of this season.

Cookie kicked us to death, as do most teams. We must be the only team who do not use tactical in play kicking.Three missed tackles on cook who is not exactly Olympic standard.

Being an old sage, I would hazard a guess that there is something amiss Top class teams do not disintegrate like this.

All credit to Donny. By far the best team and really wanted it. Good luck to them.

Edited by Bob Crowther, 09 June 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#29 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

I was right in line with Matt James, Liam Finn had over run his position and the pass would have been forward.

#30 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Fair enough vausey but looked to be plenty of prior chances to pass ball out and then to lose it...

#31 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

I was right in line with Matt James, Liam Finn had over run his position and the pass would have been forward.

Finn and Kainy not creating a thing in mid field. One man rugby, lack of support play, attacking line too flat. Sums up our performance and will not have enhanced our spectator pulling power.

#32 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

Back in 2001, when Neil Kelly left us for Widnes, Dewsbury fell apart. Hope the same does not happen to you, you have far too many good players. Maybe the players just need to get used to new coach etc..

We could have done with you beating Doncaster, still trying to get some breathing space from relegation spots!

#33 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

This week we have the pleasure of competing against our friends from Doncaster, another win required for the lads to re take the top.spot.

Most would think this an easy game but Doncaster pushed us the whole game at the Keepmoat and Sunday will require lots of hard work, but a win for the Rovers should be on the cards.

Featherstone   48 - 6  Doncaster

First Try -  Worthington

M.O.M.   - Will Sharp (3 tries)

Attendance  -  2455 

lol you got well beat

Edited by onandon, 09 June 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#34 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

My god over the years I've seen some rubbish performances but this was a shambles we took the best player off the pitch in Ellis we don't want to tackle did not even look like scoring wat is going on

Dont think you was that bad we just whated it more, and we controled your

pre Madonna so called players, you left out one of the best players you have in tom hodson 

#35 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Ah well - Leigh losing looks like setling the top four.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#36 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Matt James not passing.....

Greg Worthington trying to go on the outside and ending up in touch.....

Not tackling Paul Cooke....

Allowing their No 21 to boss the middle.....

Taking Ellis off just as he was getting the side going forward

No defensive aggresion.....etc etc

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 09 June 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#37 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

pre Madonna so called players, you left out one of the best players you have in tom hodson

#38 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

No excuses best team won you lot wanted it more your right there

Edit use of more text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 10 June 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#39 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Well done to Doncaster this is a big boost for them,and will go along way to securing there status for next year.Watching this shambles yesterday questions will have to be asked?Dropping mellors in and expecting him to fit with  the fev system was idiotic,He clearly was a square peg in a round hole.Someone mentioned Tommy Hodson in a earlier post.Fastest water carrier in the championship,Its shambolic how we have treated Ben Helliwell,Tommy Hodson.The future is with the younger lads and build for super league.

#40 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

pre Madonna so called players, 

I don't know, we didn't have many players who have played before 1984!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users