Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

Enlighten us non FB users please Bob.

rldfsignature.jpg

#22 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Sorry, to be a tease, but I will have to leave it there.  You cannot see anymore (or indeed as much) on the FB page.  However, for us, Facebook has been far more powerful than the website.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#23 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

And an interesting offer from Randers Kommune....

This is what I was alluding to Bob.

rldfsignature.jpg

#24 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Bob8: I noted on Jutland's FB page that there might be a Copenhagen v Jutland game on November 2nd. Could you please keep us updated on venue and time if it's still on?

#25 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

There is one more game left, Copenhagen vs Jutland.

The official announcement will be coming shortly.  We will be hoping for a good (profitable) crowd.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#26 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Kick-off at 13:00 at Arsenalvej 2. Correct?

#27 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

Kick-off at 13:00 at Arsenalvej 2. Correct?

Correct, with the DRLF Julefrokost afterwards and a raffle, which will include a ball signed by St Helens greats such as Alex Murphy, Paul Newlove and Austin Rhodes.

#28 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

I hear rumours about a late change of venue to Speed RK? Still a 13:00 kick-off?  

#29 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

I hear rumours about a late change of venue to Speed RK? Still a 13:00 kick-off?  

Indeed, and still a 13 kick off..  

www.facebook.com/events/215005185328197

I hope you will make it to the drinks event afterwards?  Amongst other things, we will be auctioning off a rugby ball signed by former St Helens players including Alec Murphy, Austin Rhodes, Ray French and Paul Newlove.

#30 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Looks like the weather won't be too good tomorrow. Sitting here choosing between East v West on a wet and windy pitch in the suburbs of Cph or England v Ireland...

#31 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Copenhagen (12) 32, Jutland (6) 10.

Raining thoughout the game, but no wind. 'Bob8' was everywhere, acting as a ball boy, announcer, programme seller... you name it.

Great day and given the playing condition a great game of RL. 

Edited by Swesaint, 02 November 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#32 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Copenhagen (12) 32, Jutland (6) 10.

Raining thoughout the game, but no wind. 'Bob8' was everywhere, acting as a ball boy, announcer, programme seller... you name it.

Great day and given the playing condition a great game of RL. 

Thanks, it was good to see you there, mate.  Particularly when the conditions put most people off turning up.  You neglect to mention that you also chipped in by acting as score keeper, thanks for that.

Also, a big thanks for Simon Cooper, who travelled all the way from Hamburg to be a ref (we operated with two, to help give as much support and experience to the refs as possible).  The officials all did a superb job.

It was the first time that we have had two rugby league clubs compete in Denmark.  Both are entirely rugby league clubs and Jylland have gone from being a team that needed help with the numbers to play in Jylland to a team that could choose a full squad to travel to Copenhagen.

I will also mention that the bulk of our support come from the Copenhagen Roller Derby teams and rugby league clubs should consider linking up with roller derby teams and look to their model, rather than trying to imitate sports that had their growth 50 - 100 years ago.

#33 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

What a great day and another momentus step forward for RL in Denmark. Both teams gave everything and the score flattered the Copenhagen side as there was not much between the sides. It was only the last 20 minutes or so that Copenhagen got the momentum and points to get away from Jutland. Probably fitness and experienced told in the end. The Jutland / Jylland side contained mainly Danes and a number new to our game. Great day and great set of lads who are making small but steady steps. Eugene Hanrahan was voted the Danish player of the year and captained his Copenhagen team very well. Will be coming back again in the future. Well done Steve as well mate and thanks again

#34 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

English language report:

http://www.cphpost.d...g-origin-series

Please, like and comment under theire report.

Edited by Bob8, 08 November 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#35 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

http://www.sportmm.r...y-a-danemarcei/

Coverage in Romania.

#36 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

I don't think this link has been posted on here.

http://www.rlef.eu.c...gion-wins-first

#37 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks, Mr Saint!

#38 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Bob8: Could you give us all a brief update on how things are looking in Scandinavia ahead of 2014?

#39 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sure.

Sweden, Norway and Denmark will all be competing in the Nordic Cup.  We may be joined by another country, but they are the three that are confirmed.  We also are arranging fixtures with two other nations, one we expect to have a fixture in late Spring, the other may or may not happen.  The first confirmed date is Denmark vs Sweden (16th August).

The Pan Scandinavian League will be between Copenhagen RLFC and three Swedish teams.  The Danish national series will be between Copenhagen and Jutland (whoever wins each game becomes champion). 

There are rugby union teams around Copenhagen interested in rugby league.  However, we are not in a rush to get more teams into a domestic league.  Rugby union clubs have enough trouble getting a team onto the pitch and we will not go the same route of playing as many games as possible.  We are certainly open to having friendly games.

The Dansk Rugby League Forbund will have their AGM on 1st February, in which a new board will be elected.  I can confirm that I will be standing as President again.  There is a new person standing for Vice-President (a Danish lady).  We also hope to be able to announce two new sponsors for the DRLF, one of which will be a household brand (but that is not confirmed). 

There will not be dramatic news from us, but we hope to build a small number of clubs with plenty of players having to compete to make the games. 

#40 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thanks. I've heard rumours about a third Swedish club joining, I was pretty sure that Jutland would join the league as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users