Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Denmark Rugby League (Merged threads)

Bradford Bulls

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Shame couldnt make it as was running a introduction to RL for 11 people. Heard only good things from both the course and the people taking it who were happy to take feedback so they can improve things. I will go to Latvia in October and am really looking forward to it as I can only learn and understand things better by going on such courses.

You certainly missed a great course, we will make sure its as good in Germany when you join us for phase 2.

#102 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Norway 10 Denmark 16

Denmark Tries: Richard Groom (Copenhagen), Viiga Lima (Jylland), Christoffer Ellebirke (Copenhagen)

Edited by Bob8, 28 June 2014 - 02:19 PM.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#103 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Bob8: Is there a date set for the next Copenhagen v Jutland match?

#104 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

Bob8: Is there a date set for the next Copenhagen v Jutland match?

Not yet, there is a trial game coming up but that is it.  It is penciled in for the end of Autumn.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#105 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

198 Thai people have just Liked the Danish rugby league page.  I find that peculiar.

#106 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

At a posh restaurant in downtown CPH a group arrives for dinner. There is a Brit, an Irishman, a Portuguese, a Spaniard, a Frenchman, a German, a Dutchman, a Dane, a Swede, a Norwegian, an Austrian, a Czech and a Swiss.

"Sorry" says the waiter. "You can't come in here without aThai!"

#107 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

And we have the explination.  We were featured on the Thai rugby league Facebook page, which has nigh on 10,000 followers.  I liked them back, so we are equal.

#108 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

The Denmark Sweden Game:
https://www.facebook...10227155676808/

I would invite you to click on going, as getting the numbers up encourages others to come along.

#109 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Will do my best to get to the game. Travel directions please!  ;)

#110 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hello Mate,

It would be good to see you there.  The game is at DTU:
https://www.google.d...,12.5200614,14z

I would suggest taking the 150S bus from Nørreport Station.

Edited by Bob8, 27 July 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#111 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

D_Poster.jpg

#112 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Denmark Announce Nordic Cup Squad to Face Sweden

The squad, which is coming off the back off a first-ever Test win - 16-10 against Norway at the Bislett Stadium in Oslo - contains 13 players from the Copenhagen Black Swans and nine from the Jutland team that competed in the East v West Origin series.

Head coach Nigel Kitching will pick the final game-day selection after training this weekend.

Gateshead Storm centre, Martin Pedersen-Scott said: ”I cannot wait to fly back to Denmark and play my part in the  Nordic cup.”

”Rugby league continues to grow in Denmark and Scandinavia as a whole and that is reflected in how competitive the Cup has become. It speaks volumes that in three years there have been as many winners. Bring on the Swedes - kom nu Danmark!”

In the opening clash, Norway led at the start of both halves but the Vikingen were twice pegged back and then overhauled by a resilient Danish side, a try and two goals from debutant Richard Groom proving to be the difference.
Winger Morten Dam, a former Vice President and one of the founding players commented: “To have our first officially sanctioned victory recorded is historic for Danish rugby league.”

“As a player who was there at the start, it is hugely significant and I am pleased to have played a role. This sport is all about the future, though, the Sweden match and beyond that - we are building solid foundations for the long term.”

Allan Llobel, the founding father behind rugby league in Jutland added: “I’m looking forward to going into battle again to prove that Denmark is something worth fighting for.”

DENMARK SQUAD:  Jawad Azir, Copenhagen;   Emil Borggren, Unattached;   Brian Brost, Copenhagen;   Morten Dam, Copenhagen;   Jonas Damgaard Harreskov, Jutland;   Christoffer Ellebirke, Copenhagen;   Justin Eyles, Jutland;   Rich Groom, Copenhagen;   Eugene Hanrahan, Copenhagen;   Jesper Ika, Leigh East;   Rob King, Copenhagen;   Viiga Lima, Jutland;   Allan LLobel, Jutland;   Orveh Melchior, Jutland;   Rich Naylor, Copenhagen;   Zanki Nicolajsen, Jutland;   Martin Pedersen-Scott, Gateshead Storm;   Nathan Smalley, Copenhagen;   Neil Smith, Jutland;   Tom Søgaard Bonde, Jutland;   Thor Thomsen, Copenhagen;   Thomas Tilsted, Copenhagen;   Josh Whitehead, Copenhagen;   Andrei Ungreanu, Copenhagen;   Malipo Yusufu, Jutland

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#113 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

We are delighted to announce that M.I.L.O will be performing at half time.

If you are a young Dane into hip-hop, you will need no introduction to M.I.L.O, but anyone here who might not fit into that category:

#114 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Danish national team coach Nigel Kitching has handed a debut to Jonas Damgaard Harreskov in the team to face holders Sweden on Saturday in Copenhagen, (kick off 2pm) in the second match n the 2014 Nordic Cup.

The Danes won their first-ever Test in game one away against Norway, 16-10 in Oslo, and looking to become the first of the Scandinavian nations to lift the Nordic Cup twice.

The 17 contains nine players from the Copenhagen Black Swan club and five from Jutland, along with three players who are currently based overseas.

DENMARK
Brian Brost, Morten Dam, Christoffer Ellebirke, Richard Groom, Eugene Hanrahan, Robert King, Nathan Smalley, Andrei Ungureanu, Josh Whitehead (Copenhagen RLFC), Martin Pederson-Scott (Gateshead Storm), Justin Eyles, Jonas Harreskov, Viiga Lima, Orveh Melchior, Neil Smith (Jutland RLFC), Jesper Ika (Leigh East), Emil Borggren (unattached)

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#115 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Denmark 44 Sweden 6.

Because we are ace, since you happen to ask!

:shout: :)

#116 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Denmark were worthy winners against a young and quite inexperienced Sweden, who lost one of their key players with concussion(?) within the first minute of the match.

Denmark took an early 10-0 lead before Sweden got themselves on the board.

The Danes extended their lead and when it looked like they would go to half-time with a ten-point lead. With only seconds remaining a kick from Denmark was not dealt with by the Swedish defence and the ball took a couple of bounces, was picked up by Denmark and another try was scored. The conversion was sucessful and the half-time score was 22-6.

Denmark controlled the game in the second half and added four more tries.

Sweden came close to their second try in the final minutes, but the outstanding Denmark defence did well to keep them out.

Bob8 once again ran the off-pitch show to perfection and was a very proud man after the final whistle. Fortunately for me he was so busy celebrating that the forgot to do his suggested interview .

#117 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Sounds like a belting day! Well done all!

#118 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

Denmark were worthy winners against a young and quite inexperienced Sweden, who lost one of their key players with concussion(?) within the first minute of the match.

Denmark took an early 10-0 lead before Sweden got themselves on the board.

The Danes extended their lead and when it looked like they would go to half-time with a ten-point lead. With only seconds remaining a kick from Denmark was not dealt with by the Swedish defence and the ball took a couple of bounces, was picked up by Denmark and another try was scored. The conversion was sucessful and the half-time score was 22-6.

Denmark controlled the game in the second half and added four more tries.

Sweden came close to their second try in the final minutes, but the outstanding Denmark defence did well to keep them out.

Bob8 once again ran the off-pitch show to perfection and was a very proud man after the final whistle. Fortunately for me he was so busy celebrating that the forgot to do his suggested interview .

A very good review, I might pinch it for the match report.

And I will hopefully get you next time for the interview!

#119 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

A comprehensive 44-6 success over holders Sweden in Copenhagen last weekend, building on earlier victory against Norway in Oslo, saw Denmark pick up the 2014 Nordic Cup, becoming the first of the Scandinavian nations to hold it twice having won the inaugural tournament in 2011.

Try doubles from centre pairing Emil Borggren and Martin Pedersen-Scott laid the platform against the Swedes, leading Steve Davy, president of the Dansk Rugby League Forbund, to comment: “Sweden and Denmark both contributed to the highest quality rugby league game I have ever seen in Scandinavia. The intensity and focus in the run up to it was evident and seen in the determination and teamwork on the day.”

He continued: “It was a great day for Danish rugby league especially as there are more born and bred Danes making the team.”

Danish coach Nigel Kitching, formerly with London Skolars and Avignon added: “We went for a balance of youth and experience in what was the strongest Danish team we have fielded. Every one of the lads played with discipline and enthusiasm, which I hope we can carry forward.”

Three of Denmark’s starting 13 were teenagers, Borggren, Jesper Ika and try-scoring winger Christoffer Ellebirke. “It is really pleasing to see youth not just coming through but succeeding at international level,” said Kitching.

Man of the match Borggren commented: “It was a great experience representing my country in one of the finest sports. Our overall strength, speed, and skill is what led us to be successful earning the Nordic Cup. I'm very proud to be a part of this team and hope to watch rugby league excel in Denmark as a sport.”

Sweden coach Ash Brown acknowledged: “It was a brutal match that let the best of Danish rugby league shine.  We lost the soul of our side, Paul Briggs, in the first tackle of the match due to a heavy collision and the tone of the game was set from there.”

“The massive Danish forward pack laid the groundwork for some slick moves from the halves and outside backs. Our young side showed plenty of heart but was out gunned.”

Hooker Richard Groom opened the scoring for the hosts with a try and goal and Denmark were soon celebrating again when a precision kick from stand-off Justin Eyles was collected by Ellebirke in the corner of the in-goal area to make it 10-0.

Sweden hit back at the end of the first quarter, skipper Fabian Wikander - their best performer - going over and converting his own try.

Pederson-Scott responded with his first touchdown but Sweden dominated territorially, Orveh Melchior and captain Eugene Hanrahan leading the home rear-guard.

Silas Mubanda’s explosive running was rewarded with the last try of the first half, Denmark going in to the break 22-6 ahead.

Borggren then took centre stage, twice going over on the right and Pedersen-Scott also picked up his brace with an excellent individual run that took him past several tacklers to the posts.

Neil Smith claimed the Danes eighth try, a worthy reward for all his hard work, Groom landing his sixth goal

Sweden now go on to their home fixture against Norway to establish second and third place.

DENMARK 44 (22)

Josh Whitehead, Morten Dam, Emil Borggren, Martin Pedersen-Scott, Christoffer Ellebirke, Justin Eyles, Viiga Lima, Jesper Ika, Rich Groom, Andrei Ungureanu, Orveh Melchior, Neil Smith, Eugene Hanrahan © Subs (all used) Rob King, Thor Thomsen, Silas Mubanda, Mark Bailey

Tries: Groom, Ellerbirke, Pedersen-Scott (2), Mubanda, Borggren (2), Smith

Goals: Groom 6/7, Bailey 0/1

SWEDEN 6 (6)

Chrstoffer Andreasson, Pontus Eriksson, Mafi Fakaosifolau, Christopher Vannerberg Rollet, Tobias Magnusson, David Lonsjo, Fabian Wikander, Victor Cordes Pettersson, Lars Hylander, Markus Lundin, Carl Lindblom, Paul Briggs, Iain Lednor Subs (all used) Thomas Olausson, Tobias Nilsson, Ben Gandy, Joakim Thilen.

Try: Wikander

Goals: Wikander 1/1

Referee: Craig Swanson

#120 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Final game in the Nordic Cup; Sweden 24 Norway 12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users