Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

We're all going on a summer holiday?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

We are flying to Nice too but staying close by. First time we've ever been to that part of France so any tips would be welcome. 

I'm told Grasse and St Maxime are both worth a visit, but any TRL advice would be great. Ankle-biters are in tow so that has to be a factor...

Ta!

Grasse is ok to look around the old town and a visit to the perfume factory is interesting. Stayed in Plascassier last year. Some breathtaking and scary roads going north from there.

#42 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,622 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

We are flying to Nice too but staying close by. First time we've ever been to that part of France so any tips would be welcome.

I'm told Grasse and St Maxime are both worth a visit, but any TRL advice would be great. Ankle-biters are in tow so that has to be a factor...

Ta!

Look after passports, wallets, purses. Seriously.

#43 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

Look after passports, wallets, purses. Seriously.

Affix primed mousetrap with poisoned spines inside jacket pocket; keep cash'n'cards up your nose or somewhere similarly unexpected.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#44 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

All inclusive family holiday in the quiet side of Rhodes.
11 nights in September when the wife is free from work,the weather is not to hot for the wee lass and the drunken Brits abroad have all returned to the mother land :-)

No sight seeing no tours just relaxing on the beach or by the pool recharging the battery before another 12 months in the cold frozen wastelands of Norway.

But I guess Im lucky as I class Norway as a working holiday.
If I did'nt work over there it would be way to expensive to visit so seeing the Fjords,Northern lights and the magnificent country side and getting paid is a massive bonus.

#45 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

In August I'm flying to Singapore then travelling through Malaysia and Sarawak for three weeks and I'll be back for the Superleague

playoffs .

Malaysia is a great country- a good mix of old and modern with friendly people and great food.

#46 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Possibly enjoying the fruits of a recent promotion, in addition to the trip to Zante next week with the wife, I'm also now lining up a trip to the IOM in late August for a week watching the Manx GP. Accomodation sorted, just need to confirm the time off work and book the ferry. Looking forwards to it, as I haven't been to the Island since TT 2008. I've previously been a marshall at the TT, but I think for this trip I'll take my camera and see if I can work on my technique a bit.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#47 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

I did Hardknott and Wrynose passes last year and absolutely papped myself. My passenger side wheels were right on the edge of a massive drop because some useless drivers coming at me weren't far enough across and just froze, refusing to tuck in. A horrible experience.

The best way in from the south is toward Millom and Ravenglass then back in. Its further but just as quick and a lot less nervy!

Looking forward to going back to Eskdale campsite in Boot again - a beautiful place with two cracking pubs.

This is the bestway to do Hard Knott :
http://www.fredwhitt...rg.uk/index.php

112 miles over the top Lake District passes including Hard Knott. Except that the chuffin' tourists get in the way.
Wrynose is the scariest pass IMO.

Good weather forecast this weekend, so the Boot Beer Festival will be great.

#48 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Been already, Alcudia, Majorca, on my own with my 4 year old. 11.05-18.05, 6 days of nice warm 21 deg sun, and Thursday was chucking it down all day, 12c max

But overall we had a good time

Edited by Bleep1673, 07 June 2013 - 10:10 AM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#49 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,613 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

a fortnight in New Milton on South Coast - first time in years we're not going abroad and bricking it about the weather!

That's what stops me from holidaying at home more. There are some beautiful places in this country...but if you aren't lucky with the weather (and more often than not, you aren't) it can be a disaster.

Not to put a dampener on things like :)

Edited by Johnoco, 07 June 2013 - 10:33 AM.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#50 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Been already, Alcudia, Majorca, on my own with my 4 year old. 11.05-18.05, 6 days of nice warm 21 deg sun, and Thursday was chucking it down all day, 12c max

But overall we had a good time

Can you also let us know your departure times?

Fides invicta triumphat

#51 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

This is the bestway to do Hard Knott :
http://www.fredwhitt...rg.uk/index.php

112 miles over the top Lake District passes including Hard Knott. Except that the chuffin' tourists get in the way.
Wrynose is the scariest pass IMO.

Good weather forecast this weekend, so the Boot Beer Festival will be great.

Looking at the route profile on this link its a big nope from me.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/324949

Fides invicta triumphat

#52 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

I wouldn't want to do that in a car.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#53 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,471 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

And how many days do you get? :)
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#54 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Croyde Bay, North Devon - camping at Ruda right next to the beach. Hoping for good weather and even better surf!

Maybe take in a North Devon Raiders game if they're at home.

Be careful of the low tide rips.

#55 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

And how many days do you get? :)

Winner - a bit less than 6 hours.

Think there could be a 13 hour time limit as well! 

#56 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Severus, on 07 Jun 2013 - 12:03, said:
Can you also let us know your departure times?

Civilised, 12.20 out, 16.45 back
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#57 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Just come back from Sardinia.
Most of the island only kicks into life between 1st July and 1st week September.
Fuel is the most expensive I've ever paid 1 euro 85 a litre!
Wine at 10 euro per litre in a restaurant nearly made up for it.......and it wasn't bad
Weather was disappointing - worst Spring for 200 years apparently.

#58 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,613 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Well this is just bleeding typical. Off to Tunisia in a couple of days and its all kicking off- effing charming.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#59 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

All inclusive family holiday in the quiet side of Rhodes.
11 nights in September when the wife is free from work,the weather is not to hot for the wee lass and the drunken Brits abroad have all returned to the mother land :-)

No sight seeing no tours just relaxing on the beach or by the pool recharging the battery before another 12 months in the cold frozen wastelands of Norway.

But I guess Im lucky as I class Norway as a working holiday.
If I did'nt work over there it would be way to expensive to visit so seeing the Fjords,Northern lights and the magnificent country side and getting paid is a massive bonus.

I was snowboarding in Norway back in Feb Tommo, went to Trysil for a week. Loved the place, although a tenner for a pint and 20 quid for pub fish n chips wasn't to good.

Kos for me in 6 days for 14 nights. Much needed too.

#60 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Getting set for a week's camping in Dolgellau from tomorrow. Plans whilst there including walking (probably up Cader Idris and along the old railway to Barmouth at least), other sightseeing plus some photography if I can find some good views.

Hoping the weather is a bit better than currently forecast: I don't mind a bit of rain but would prefer "showery" to a week of grey and wet.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users