Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

We're all going on a summer holiday?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Can't believe I missed this topic.

Three night stays in Boston and New York, with a week in Florida at the end. Unfortunately, still a few weeks away.

Another trip planned to Marrakesh come early November planned. Any TRL'ers got any tips for the visit?

#62 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Two weeks in Scunthorpe, We went to Corby last year and I hope Scunthorpe is as good.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#63 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

In August I'm flying to Singapore then travelling through Malaysia and Sarawak for three weeks and I'll be back for the Superleague

playoffs .

Malaysia is a great country- a good mix of old and modern with friendly people and great food.

My wife has Malaysian friends, we went to a wedding in Penang last year and thoroughly loved it.  Definitely on my revisit list.

This year, we have nothing planned beyond maybe a couple of long weekends.  Too much work scheduled between now and Christmas

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#64 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Two weeks in Scunthorpe, We went to Corby last year and I hope Scunthorpe is as good.

Enjoy the high life. Runcorn or Redcar next year???

#65 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Enjoy the high life. Runcorn or Redcar next year???

They both sound good to me, I was also thinking of Chelmsford or maybe Harlow.
Oh, by the way if anyone is considering coming to Coventry we have a street called Momus Boulevarde! It's well worth a visit.

Edited by bearman, 26 July 2013 - 12:40 PM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#66 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Right, I'm off to Newcastle airport soon, then to Tunisia. I just bet I get caught up in some sort of uprising (......Packs comedy Muslim disguise hurriedly)

See you later, I aren't using my phone at those prices!

#67 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

See you later, I aren't using my phone at those prices!

I was in Majorca in May, & I assumed that because O2 are Spanish owned I would get normal rate roaming, imagine the shock on my face when 2 calls to the UK, and a daily text to my 4yo mum bumped my months phone bill up by £40ish
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#68 metallithrax

metallithrax
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

OK, just noticed this thread again, and noticed the title "We are all going on a summer holiday".

Well, we had a works outing a few weeks ago, to Doncaster Races.  We travelled there in this:

DSC_0003-.jpg

Summer Holiday indeed. :tongue:

A fun day was had by all, even though the aircon in the restaurant/bar wasn't working (on the hottest day of the year to that date).

Edited by metallithrax, 27 July 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#69 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

Off on honeymoon travelling down and up the Croatian coast for two weeks tomorrow. Mostly around Zadar and Trogir.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#70 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,033 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Off on honeymoon travelling down and up the Croatian coast for two weeks tomorrow. Mostly around Zadar and Trogir.

Congrats on the nuptials.
Fides invicta triumphat

#71 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Just back from a week in the Algarve, we stayed in a villa with friends just North of Tavira. The kids spent most of the week in the pool and loved it. 

The local seafood dishes were superb, the highlight was an octopus and prawn rice dish which was delicious. Some very nice (and very cheap) local wines too.

28m391z.jpg

#72 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Back from the Isle of Wight and really enjoyed it, although a bit painful! Just a few days before departing, I fell flat on my back on the pavement after my ladder toppled over. Still sore but improving. Next stop Poland in four weeks. 

#73 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Croyde Bay, North Devon - camping at Ruda right next to the beach. Hoping for good weather and even better surf!

Surf was great! 4-5ft nearly all week with cross/offshore winds. An amazing time spent in the water. :-)
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#74 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,033 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Back from the Isle of Wight and really enjoyed it, although a bit painful! Just a few days before departing, I fell flat on my back on the pavement after my ladder toppled over. Still sore but improving. Next stop Poland in four weeks.

Where there's blame there's a claim ;)
Fides invicta triumphat

#75 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

Just back from the 2nd of my 3 weeks away this summer, a week camping in Dolgellau. It's been spectacular. :D

9428504113_ccc0c76a73_z.jpg
Cadair Idris_0037.psd by 77gazza, on Flickr

9428460267_75325ac146_z.jpg
Bwlch y Groes_0017.psd by 77gazza, on Flickr

9428540005_da18101c12_z.jpg
Barmouth Estuary_0006.psd by 77gazza, on Flickr

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#76 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Just back from 'Moray 2013', the Scottish 6 Day Orienteering Festival held on the Moray coast and immediate hinterland. Had some fantastic, sunny weather, along with a couple of refreshing days (ie, pouring down!), and enjoyed the challenging terrain found in this part of the world. If truth be told the terrain was a little too challenging at times, although I managed to complete each day. With your overall position decided by your best 4 races, after discarding my two 'disasters' I managed to finish just about where I expected to.

With the company of nearly 4,000 fellow competitors - including quite a number of very attractive and healthy-looking Scandinavians - challenging terrain, and a well organised event largely put on by volunteers, I had a great time. And I'm knackered!!

Some pictures:-

Me, shuffling up a hill; the blurry figure in purple rather than the guy in Canberra Raiders green!

Lossie_1_400_300.jpg

Lossie Forest

Carse_sample1_400_300.gif

Portion of Carse of Ardersier map

Culbin_east_arial_299_400.jpg

Culbin

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#77 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,404 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

My daughter and two of her children have gone to stay with a friend who lives on the Dorset  coast. Her eldest refused to go, so I've got my twelve year old granddaughter for a week.

I'm pretty sure it'll end up with us  both being desperate for her mam to come back.

:biggrin:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#78 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Where there's blame there's a claim ;)

My own stupid fault for rushing some conifer trimming. It is slowly getting better but still sore. When you think that a lad who fell off a scrambler bike ended paralysed, it goes to show how lucky one can be. 

#79 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Just back from Tunisia. It was very hot, very! Absolutely loved it though. Will be going back deffo but I won't be hiring a car...the roads are crazy with people having to give way ON roundabouts...total mentalists, I aren't sure why they bother wasting white paint for the road markings as they are just totally ignored!

#80 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,404 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

you should have acclimatised yourself to the road etiquette in advance by driving round Barkerend Road for a couple of hours every night before you travelled.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police