Danny Brough - Scottish International

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Just been reading with interest that Brough has pledged he allegiance with Scotland

http://www.therfl.co...back-on-england

Can't say I blame him? One of the best half back in SL and he playing second fiddle a big headed second rate foreigner.

Can't for the life in me understand why those running the game allow someone who seems to incapable to take charge of the national side. IMO we will not get any better with McNamara. They way he goes about things he'll end up with us at the Rams!!!

I couldn't help agreeing with a comment I read hoping Brough is eligible to play for the Exiles and show McNamara up!

Edited by muddyfunster, 04 June 2013 - 03:42 PM.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#2 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Come on, as an international Brough is poor, he bottles it and goes missing on the big stage every single time but to even think of the dummy throwing Rangi Chase me, is ridiculous

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just been reading with interest that Brough has pledged he allegiance with Scotland

http://www.therfl.co...back-on-england

Can't say I blame him? One of the best half back in SL and he playing second fiddle a big headed second rate foreigner.

Can't for the life in me understand why those running the game allow someone who seems to incapable to take charge of the national side. IMO we will not get any better with McNamara. They way he goes about things he'll end up with us at the Rams!!!

I couldn't help agreeing with a comment I read hoping Brough is eligible to play for the Exiles and show McNamara up!

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm guessing that you're a little too young to remember the days when the coach didn't pick the team but it was done for him by an RFL committee. If you think that might be better, I can assure you that it wasn't.

Sadly we don't really have any quality half backs who are capable of performing at a high level under pressure, and that goes for a lot of our other positions too. We'd be better off with Burrows and Widdop, but i wouldn't hold out too much hope of them dominating any Aussie half-back pairing.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

I had a weird dream where Dicky Lowe and Harry Beverley were the dominant half backs in a 40 - 0 win over the aussies..............

Last time im eating those magic mushrooms..................

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Rangi chase isn't even english! Danny brough is and deserves his spot in the england squad on merit, its a complete joke. Steve mcbanana..

#6 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Got to say I can't understand why Houghton doesn't get a call up, he is on fire at the moment.

Players need to be selected on current form, Roby has been out for the last 8 weeks!! (I know he is a class player, but isn't this the time to blood others who lack the international experience?)

What about Crooks & Lineman?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm guessing that you're a little too young to remember the days when the coach didn't pick the team but it was done for him by an RFL committee. If you think that might be better, I can assure you that it wasn't.

Sadly we don't really have any quality half backs who are capable of performing at a high level under pressure, and that goes for a lot of our other positions too. We'd be better off with Burrows and Widdop, but i wouldn't hold out too much hope of them dominating any Aussie half-back pairing.

Dunno, Johnny - we used to win the Ashes back then. Maybe it's a good idea.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users