TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hawks to hold open forum on the proposed RFL re-structure of the game in 2015

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Click here for more details

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Don't forget to attend the open forum in the Phoenix tomorrow 7:00pm! We will be voting on our preferred league structure from 2015. This is a really important decision for the club and the sport, so come and have your input! All supporters are welcome to attend, ONLY HIST members can vote on the night. Anyone can join HIST on the night to allow you to vote on the future of the club and the RFL!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Dont forget, tonight is your chance to vote on a major decision which will have a huge impact on the club and the RFL from 2015!

Your club, your vote, our choice!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#4 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Is nobody interested in this? Get yourselves down if you can, have a beer and get your votes in!

#5 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Did u say beer im going

#6 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Thanks to everyone who came down and voted tonight, surprises me that everyone has moaned about the state of the game, the RFL, promotion relegation etc, yet no one is bothered when the club is voting on planned changes that will bring back P&R and give our club the first light at the end of the tunnel since 1999!

#7 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Another well organized night. Neil did a sterling job in explaining a complex subject and Gareth in preparing the slides. The view on potential marketing opportunities was heartening to hear.

There are definitely exciting times ahead for this club.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

An excellant meeting and it seems the proposal of SL getting split from 8th spot with the bottom 4 going in with the top 4 in the Championship looks the popular choice with P and R back on the agenda. My only concern is the teams stuck in The League Of Death , how on earth will they survive?
Posted Image

#9 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

What I took from the meeting re the League of Death is the fact that 2 up 2 down would give a much better chance of escaping under option A than the other options. Also, it was mentioned on more than one occasion that this was seen as creating more stepping stones to allow teams to progress from bottom to top.

From watching the various rugby programmes on Sky I get the feeling that rugby league have at last realized they have neglected the heartlands for too long, and this is their attempt to re-engage with potential fans in those areas.

Time will tell.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#10 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Did'nt go last night , but what i will say on the matter of P+R , if Hunslet , swinton , Dewsbury and many more clubs like these finished top , the RLF would pull the rug from under em , on ground size , fan base , in our league i would say only Fev , Halifax and maybe Leigh would get a look in to the top flight...........too little to late....

Edited by Blackbeard, 13 June 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#11 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Did'nt go last night , but what i will say on the matter of P+R , if Hunslet , swinton , Dewsbury and many more clubs like these finished top , the RLF would pull the rug from under em , on ground size , fan base , in our league i would say only Fev , Halifax and maybe Leigh would get a look in to the top flight...........too little to late....

agree . The whole thing is a waste of time.rfl will just move the goalposts again,I have no confidence in them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users