Dewsbury Rams v Barrow Raiders - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

3 points on Sunday,which will make 10 out of 12.Good way to come out of a bad run.

Edited by Tom Coates, 07 June 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 960 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Another must win home game for us,think Barrow don't travel too well,so think we will win 34-18,att 888

#3 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

All the injuries could make this a closer match than perhaps it should. Barrow was where our losing streak started and the lads will want to prove a point. Big performance and a pleasing win is what I predict. The disappointment will be if we give a bonus point.

#4 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Given all the injuries will be happy with any win. Sheffield only just beat them last week, so obviously no mugs. A win here will give us a bit of breathing space.

#5 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

At home I'd like to think we can win , Barrow ran Eagles close last time out so anysort of win would do. We seem to be back to some sort of form despite injuries.
I'll go Rams 30-18 att 902.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

This is truly a game that we need to win - whether we will is another question. We are really struggling with injuries at present and GM's challenge is to put out a balanced side from the troops that are still standing. On the other hand Barrow are a steadily improving side and our last game with them proved that they have the stamina and resilience for a full 80 minutes effort. Whether or not they travel well is the big question mark against them.

Despite our form not being brilliant recently the results have been good so I'l stick with my customary unbridled optimism and forecast:

Rams 28 - 18 Raiders

Att: 765

:drag:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

i predict it will be Rams 12 Barrow 28. Attendance 698

#8 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hoping to be there this week 

#9 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hoping to be there this week 

2 good signings this week. If both these guys settle in quickly we should do very well.

#10 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Could be a close one this; Barrow, only losing to Sheffield by two points, appear to be improving, so we will really have to be on our mettle if we are to win this match.

Dewsbury 22 - 16 Barrow

Att: 774.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#11 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Anybody any team news, heard Brown on the bench again.

#12 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Well we made hard work of it, 12 points up in as many minutes and lack of composure bombed a few chances in the first half. Second half credit to Barrow, they hardly made a mistake but a poor kicking game from us and some penalties let them back in. Was 24 Vinny Finnegan? If so, his defence and man marking was poor. Thought forwards did very well today, great chase back from Hyde after their interception to savea try.

Karl Pryce? Is he still injured? But I guess two tries made the difference in the end but maybe he's better on the wing. Morton had a great game on attack and defence. Not sure about our kicking game again. Score off a high kick and then hardly bothered in the second half when we had the sun behind us. And putting the ball into touch rather than trying to put it up in the air and score I thought was poor tactics.

Thought the ref was very good today, they usually get a lot of grief. And half-time cheer leading display was very good. Well done to the girls,

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 09 June 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#13 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

You thought the ref was good today? Obviously you weren't watching Barrow's 'play the ball' or lack of it. At one point instead of rolling the ball back a Barrow player kicked it forward and the ref played on. 

I agree with you that Finegan's defense is shocking. I would have played Craven on the wing today IMO.

#14 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

Today was very much the same as the previous two home league games. Tight affairs, which The  Rams managed win. The Rams kicking game wasn't great. Pryce scored from a high kick to the corner. They should try that a lot more, with Pryce likely to outjump most opposition wingers. The Rams could have sewn the points up well before half-time, but almost paid for it in the second half. Barrow were a lot more effective  after the break and made things difficult for The Rams at times. It looks likely that Brown will be out for a while. His injury looked bad.

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

I miss Coolie's upbeat reports after a Rams game!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#16 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

No one mentioned Young Tebby, I thought he had a great game, he controlled the play of the ball and his selection of when to run was very good.

He needs more game time.

Don't know what Craven isn't at full back......

We made such a song and dance about signing him again, and we don't play him. Why?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#17 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

james craven should be playing every game,quality player n one of the best fullbacks in the division imo,yes fullback glenn morrison,that is his best position n not in the backs when u do play him,better than pryce at fullback anyday n well done the rams on todays win,even though we made hard work of it at times against a barrow team who fought to the very end

#18 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Not sure on Finnegan - poor defensive play, Schofield played well but again a little short in defensive plays! Pryce is obviously injured and perhaps needs to miss a game to become fighting fit again. Not sure we will see Brown again as it looked like his other ankle had gone!

We got the 3 points, we lose another player and results didn't go our way seems to sum up the season so far. We make it harder than we need to  with again some silly decisions.

We needed 3 points. We got 3 points so I walk away with a smile but disappointed with giving Barrow the bonus point.

Why is Walshaw not playing? thought we had him on a season loan and not part of our ever growing injury list....

Edited by Ramemhard, 09 June 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#19 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

james craven should be playing every game,quality player n one of the best fullbacks in the division imo,yes fullback glenn morrison,that is his best position n not in the backs when u do play him,better than pryce at fullback anyday n well done the rams on todays win,even though we made hard work of it at times against a barrow team who fought to the very end

Many excellent comments today, but stil got to add my bit to the Craven debate. It's actually quite shocking he isn't getting a game whilst Pryce is stealing money. The most worrying thing for me is that it suggests GM is following other managers over the last few years on the blinker wearing stakes. Constantly picking Hyde and Goulding, who's combined kicking game could be bettered by my Granny is another example. Moaning over I thought the forwards were good today and Dale Morton was outstanding. The point when Pryce decided it was too much effort to catch the ball and it bounced forward towards the Barrow pack only to be snaffled by Dale was brave and showed great commitment. Also thought Tebb played well. If we could have kicked on at 12-0 I think we might have started to play better rugby, but as time wore on we seemed to loose confidence and tighten up. Any how, we must be nearly safe now.

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Not sure on Finnegan - poor defensive play, Schofield played well but again a little short in defensive plays! Pryce is obviously injured and perhaps needs to miss a game to become fighting fit again. Not sure we will see Brown again as it looked like his other ankle had gone!

We got the 3 points, we lose another player and results didn't go our way seems to sum up the season so far. We make it harder than we need to  with again some silly decisions.

We needed 3 points. We got 3 points so I walk away with a smile but disappointed with giving Barrow the bonus point.

Why is Walshaw not playing? thought we had him on a season loan and not part of our ever growing injury list....

Wakefield recalled Walshaw before the Batley game last week and we don't seem to be able to get him back. Interesting to see if he plays at salford tomorrow.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users