• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#41 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

christopher, on 05 Jun 2013 - 14:34, said:
Brough was injured at the back end of 2012 (ask Omega) and Sinfield was actually the form number 6 at that time

and in 2011 was he the best halfback available? not sure, he certainly wasn't in the form he is now.

Also what about injuries, what if Widdop or Sinfield pull out? thats the point of a squad after all, but no with Broughy its, I'm first choice or nothing.

You can't use the argument that you didn't accept on another thread.

Brough is 3rd choice but should be%

#42 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

You can't use the argument that you didn't accept on another thread.

Brough is 3rd choice but should be%

Which argument?

Brough is 1st choice anyway - for Scotland.

#43 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

And Brough is the most talented English player in the game right now?

Please stop, my sides are splitting.

Yep that Sam Tomkins is rubbish.

#44 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

The only person to utter those words is you

#45 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

The only person to utter those words is you

I was being a tad facetious, unfortunately I don't think MD was when he asserted Danny Brough is the most talented English player in SL, oh hang on MD can't have meant Brough can he, he's Scottish, well for this week anyway, maybe he'll ditch them, for the second time.

Edited by christopher, 05 June 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#46 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

This Brough/Sinfield stuff has become unbelievably boring now. Brough won't get picked for England and will turn out for Scotland at the WC - is there anything else which needs to be discussed?

#47 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Thats my plans to go to the England games gone for a burton.Thee can shove your Mcbanana led England squad into touch for all i care.

#48 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thats my plans to go to the England games gone for a burton.Thee can shove your Mcbanana led England squad into touch for all i care.

Attached Files

Edited by christopher, 05 June 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#49 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm going to the games but will scream and scream until I'm sick or McNamara picks the team I want.

#50 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

There speaks a true rugby league fan. I hope you'll confirm that by telling us which club you support.

Personally, I have considered all angles, I've listend to what the fans have to say about both McNamara as his squad selection and have to say I am more than ever supportive of him. In particular, I do like this bit:" I ask McNamara what the fans will think of his squad. "I'm not fussed. I've not given any thought to what the fans think. Why should I? Every club has fans who think their best players should be in. I have trust in these players and their consistency. It's about trust between me and the players - the fans can judge me how they want. I know none of the players that I select will let me down."

#51 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

There speaks a true rugby league fan. I hope you'll confirm that by telling us which club you support.

Personally, I have considered all angles, I've listend to what the fans have to say about both McNamara as his squad selection and have to say I am more than ever supportive of him. In particular, I do like this bit:" I ask McNamara what the fans will think of his squad. "I'm not fussed. I've not given any thought to what the fans think. Why should I? Every club has fans who think their best players should be in. I have trust in these players and their consistency. It's about trust between me and the players - the fans can judge me how they want. I know none of the players that I select will let me down."

He doesn't know that though. Let's see how we feel the players have done after the Exiles game and then we can judge McNamara's squad selection.

#52 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

It is strange isn't it, I would have thought that's a great positive quote from a coach who has the trust of his players, McNamara's objective isn't to be popular on a fans forum, its to build the best squad and team he thinks he can to do the job in hand.

#53 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Let's see how we feel the players have done after the Exiles game and then we can judge McNamara's squad selection.

Let's not, let's vilify him before they've even taken the field, that'll show him

#54 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

It's not about picking fan a or fan b's favourite player

It's about his whole style, management and strategy - and the fact he is increasingly looking like he is unmoving in the face of facts

It's not just about Brough being left out but the likes of Lunt and others in great LONG TERM form while including players clearly out of form and previously shown up to be sub par in any case (and not just Sinfield)

We have a set of forwards equal to any, them most exciting three quarters and fullback I can remember and potentially some halfbacks that can lift to at least compete with the Aussies

But it instantly falls down when players are given no incentive to perform - if they aren't "in" it's irrelevant how good they play, if they are "in" then it doesn't matter how poor they play, they'll not be dropped.

That's a recipe for failure at any level.

#55 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

It's not just about Brough being left out but the likes of Lunt and others in great LONG TERM form

Is that your version of long term or Omega's? ;-)

#56 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

It is strange isn't it, I would have thought that's a great positive quote from a coach who has the trust of his players, McNamara's objective isn't to be popular on a fans forum, its to build the best squad and team he thinks he can to do the job in hand.

Normally I'd agree, with a coach with a winning track record. NacNamara doesn't have that.

So it sounds more like the general from Blackadder "yes I know this plan has failed every other time but this time it'll work because they'll never expect us to try it again"

#57 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Normally I'd agree, with a coach with a winning track record. NacNamara doesn't have that.

Theres not many England coaches around with that at international level though is there.

#58 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

One fact is certain,all the "best" coaches are to be found on internet forums.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#59 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

What a buffoon - I still cant understand how he got the job in the first place.

I like the bit about selecting on "long term form" in other words, some of the players selected arent playing well enough, but they have done in the past. Pathetic.

Taxi for McNarmara after another failure in the world cup.

John Kear for England eh?

;)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#60 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Is that your version of long term or Omega's? ;-)

Neither, MacNamara's

But just to put some clarification there for you:
Lunt was in excellent form all last season, including going to a cup final and a grand final.

This season he is arguable the form hooker of the competition, especially since the incumbent hasn't played in nearly 3 months

Yet he isn't even in the train on squad

Explain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users