Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

10/06/13 - Salford City Reds v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 19:45 (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford City Reds (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Voted Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Discuss the game here.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Referee: R Hicks

Touch Judge: J Child

Touch Judge: T Roby

Reserve: C Leatherbarrow

Match Commissioner: P Hewitt

Video Ref: P Bentham

Time Keeper: K Leyland

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Noble to chomp his way through a full pack of spearmint.  A tough game to call, Trinity have been awful, but competed really well against Wigan on Sunday.  If they turn up like that then they'll take it, if not I'm sure the ruthless Noble will have drilled enough tactics into his side to win.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#4 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

No idea, but the only times Salford have played half decent has been on TV.

Still don't expect a win.

#5 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Referee:          R Hicks

Touch Judge:  J Child

Touch Judge:  T Roby

Video Ref:       P Bentham

Holy Cow -     the Four Horsemen  of incompetance , will there be room for any Rugby inbetween whistle blowing & bizarre decisions ?   

#6 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Do the RFL want to make Salford even more of a laughing stock?

Whenever they are on TV they nearly always play a team that has minimal away following (usually London or Catalans on a Friday night), or play them on a day when Man U are at home. This season has been Castleford and Wakey (I think).

Salford to win in front of less than 3k

Edited by Bleep1673, 08 June 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#7 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

What a terrible choice for TV

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#8 SCRseadiver

SCRseadiver
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

What a terrible choice for TV

You must be Garry Schofield.

Interestingly,it appears the neutral rugby league fan has enjoyed the 3 televised games involving Salford,hitherto,all 3 games having close finishes,controversy and excitement.

Richard Agar was,in my opinion,a little controversial this week with his choice of Fages and Bousquet in the France squad,but the incident and fall out from the Salford game at Warrington seemes to have concentrated the minds of some.

Salford victory for me ( and I was disappointed Agar didn't expand on what occurred behind the scenes during his tenure at Hull FC in his recent interview in the RLE )

#9 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

Do the RFL want to make Salford even more of a laughing stock?

Whenever they are on TV they nearly always play a team that has minimal away following (usually London or Catalans on a Friday night), or play them on a day when Man U are at home. This season has been Castleford and Wakey (I think).

Salford to win in front of less than 3k

Most people want to watch the action on the fields and not the stands. Trinity have always done pretty well for away support, Cas too come to mention it, the real issue is Salford's home support, let's not drag others into it.

You're right of course, I can't see big numbers crossing the Pennines on a Monday evening during term time for a televised game.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#10 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Most people want to watch the action on the fields and not the stands. Trinity have always done pretty well for away support, Cas too come to mention it, the real issue is Salford's home support, let's not drag others into it.

You're right of course, I can't see big numbers crossing the Pennines on a Monday evening during term time for a televised game.

I'm planning to cross the Pennines for this one, but it's a tough one. I don't finish work until 4:30pm in Whitby and I need to call in at home and change, so I won't be leaving Malton until 5:30ish. Any delays and I won't make kick-off. I wouldn't bother at all if I didn't have Tuesday off. I'm not a fan of Monday night games.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#11 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Monday night games are great for the telly but hard for those of us who attend. I won't be able to make this one unfortunately.

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Wakefield, by 11.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'm hoping for a Salford win as it will keep Wakey below us in the table

#14 SCRseadiver

SCRseadiver
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

The Return of the Mummy.
No,not a Hammer House Of Horror,that was last week at Warrington,but the return of Shannan McPherson,hopefully without being swathed in bandages.

The return of former Wakefield favourite  :tongue: Griffin,should give the travelling support one of their favourite villains to jeer.

Looking foward to this one.Theo to give his national coach something to be optimistic about,and the Salford kicking game to give something for the Wakefield wingers to think about.

The couple of ex-Cas players should also add a little spice.

Not too optimistic about the attendance though :download:

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'm not a big fan of this Monday night build up, each time it's solely focussed on the home side; Leeds, Huddersfield, Salford. Although it'll be fun when the Rhinos travel to London on a Monday in August.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

4-0

Williams try.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

4-0

Gaskell missed goal.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

It's the colour that Hindle brings to his commentary that I enjoy.

Lovely try after ten minutes of dross.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Ouch.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

It's the colour that Hindle brings to his commentary that I enjoy.

Lovely try after ten minutes of dross.

:biggrin:

It's all yours Tolkien...

(oo, in that case I can sit on the branch and pick faults, yay!)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users