Photo
- - - - -

10/06/13 - Salford City Reds v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 19:45 (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford City Reds (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Voted Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,571 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

What do you expect when a lot of them are working their redundancy notices, as notified to them via Ming the Merciless' self-publicism in the media ?

They really do look like a team who were given their P45s ten minutes before the kick off.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#42 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Who keeps employing McGoldrick? He is awful.

That is one of the more pertinent questions of the evening.

#43 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

WHAT BLOODY SCORE WAS IT?!?!

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#44 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Not telling.... :tongue:

#45 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Nobby's not looking so good without the budget is he?

The sad thing is that the attack fashioned under Longy has disappeared.  Even though Salford haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in defence this season (or indeed for the last few seasons), during Sean Long's presence at the club they could really show skill in attack.  Over the last couple of weeks that free flowing stuff has vanished and their defence has gone backwards since the Magic Weekend. 

#46 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

The sad thing is that the attack fashioned under Longy has disappeared.  Even though Salford haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in defence this season (or indeed for the last few seasons), during Sean Long's presence at the club they could really show skill in attack.  Over the last couple of weeks that free flowing stuff has vanished and their defence has gone backwards since the Magic Weekend.

Well said Saintslass. I am not a Nobby fan though I would be very happy to be proved wrong. Hunte & Long had them playing some flowing RL and the kids
were blossoming. Now we are back driving into the markers then one out RL & an up and under. Awful. Come on Nobby some of your attacking ploys went out with the Ark. Lets see the ball doing the work.

#47 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm hoping for a Salford win as it will keep Wakey below us in the table

######.....yeh cheers salford.....

#48 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

What a truly shocking performance that was. I've seen some bad 'uns but that was dire. The worst of the season.

I can't condone the home crowd booing the players at the end, though I understand why. A few of us gave a half-hearted round of applause, but some of the abuse was awful. The players must have heard it because they stayed a good twenty yards back from the crowd whereas they used to come right up to edge of the grass.

Sad!

Oh yes! OF! The score was Salford very few, Wakefield a hell of a lot. :(

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#49 SCRseadiver

SCRseadiver
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

It is a little worrying that it would probably be easier to show a marked improvement in poor standard players,now the majority are available for selection,yet the 3 men in charge of the Salford coaching will be given the task of moulding a whole host of new players into a competitive side for 2014. 

Veivers lost his job following a defeat at home to London Broncos - who had lost 4 going into the game,and this has been repeated as Wakefield had lost 4 going into that training session.

Very,very poor and following on from conceding over 60 points at Warrington.

Last week the owner of Hull FC pointed out that they had won 7 games since Andy Hay left.

Stu Donlan lost his position at Castleford when Ian Millward was sacked.

3 coaches and a host of players for 2014 all relativey new to each other as Noble,Hay and Donlan have not worked together,as far as I am aware.

Well done Richard Agar.Well played WTW.Just as at Leigh last year you played the basics very well.

#50 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Oh yes! OF! The score was Salford very few, Wakefield a hell of a lot. :(

Deary me, just seen it, things not going too well for your lot at the moment mate, with Dr Koukash being the latest Chairman to add his presence to the dressing room.

Hope things pick up soon.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#51 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

What a truly shocking performance that was. I've seen some bad 'uns but that was dire. The worst of the season.

I thought this was referring to the match thread here...

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#52 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

Browny 0, Me 1  :haha:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#53 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

I am almost speachless. Noble has reverted to type with 5 drives and a poor kick, Problem is he is doing this with some poor players.

McPherson lasted 14 mins of his comeback, It feels as if I've played more than he has!.

None of our imports are worth having, yet we resign the injury prone McPherson. I hope he makes me eat my words next season, but I hope there is a clause in his contract about playing a certain number of games or the contract is void for next year.

There is no creative play, the defensive line is poor and I thought that was Noble's strength.

Tim Smith was on the other hand given free reign and rarely allowed the ball to go dead over the try line. You would have thought he was at home!

The other really annoying thing about this game was the constant barking of a dog in amongst the trin fans :)

Edited by Red Willow, 11 June 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#54 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

The other really annoying thing about this game was the constant barking of a dog in amongst the trin fans :)

I was sure that was on my tv and not from outside!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#55 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,571 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

I was sure that was on my tv and not from outside!

What dog? Browny never said anything about a dog.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#56 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

What dog? Browny never said anything about a dog.

Anti-Yorkshire bias.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#57 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

On Friday I watched Widnes v. Wigan. A great advert for Rugby League. A thrilling game went to the wire. The Wigan youngsters were enthusiastic and committed. They far exceeded my expectations. From the heights to the depths. On Monday Salford were an embarrassment.  Thank goodness the Welshman Jordan James was unable to play and be a part of that fiasco. There must be something very wrong in the Salford dressing room.

#58 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Jordan wasn't born in Wales Swansea Jack, although he is Welsh qualified.

#59 SCRseadiver

SCRseadiver
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

On Monday Salford were an embarrassment.  Thank goodness the Welshman Jordan James was unable to play and be a part of that fiasco. 

With 2 props returning after the earlier non-performance at Warrington,of which JJ was part,it may not have been such a surprise as Brian Noble has released JJ from both Wigan and Crusaders.

I am not a great fan of JJ but he certainly improved while Alan Hunte was in temporary charge.

#60 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Salford to win in front of less than 3k

Ah well, half right. Att = 2327
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users