Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Elliott Whitehead; transfer request bombshell

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

The difference with Elliott is in his statements to the press, where he clearly doesn't think the club is good enough, not going in the right direction, etc, plus whatever might have been said in the privacy of the dressing rooms..

I might have missed this, but has Elliott made any statement to the press? I thought it was all via Cummins which is an important distinction as we haven't heard it from the horse's mouth.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#102 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

I was chatting with one of the Bulls directors during the Academy game yesterday and he said the reason Whitehead wants out is he doesn't get on with Franny Cummins.

He also said Whitehead's agent was the one pushing him to hand in the transfer request and they think he's already sorted out another club but they didn't know who his agent had been talking to.

#103 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

RLMeltdown is lazy, predictable and pointless. Not to mention cowardly (I really can't be doing with Internet heroes hiding behind a pseudonym).

Why doesn't the bed-wetter behind this account come out of his hiding place and post some actual opinions of his own?

Completely agree - ditched following that after about 2 days.

I find Gav Wilson's over the top retweeting and replying to it almost cringeworthy - are the 2 related?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#104 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

I find Gav Wilson's over the top retweeting and replying to it almost cringeworthy - are the 2 related?

Agreed, I actaully quite like Andy Wilson's feed.  He's improved considerably over the years as an RL writer, although he does tend to occasionally muddy my timeline with union stats from Opta.

One of the most pointless is Tanya Arnold's, completely sterile and so clinically uncontroversial it's a wonder why she bothers.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 10 June 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#105 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

I might have missed this, but has Elliott made any statement to the press? I thought it was all via Cummins which is an important distinction as we haven't heard it from the horse's mouth.

It may well have been, though I read it in the press, so I don't really know, to be honest.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#106 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Eh? When was the last time I retweeted it?

Posted Image

#107 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Eh? When was the last time I retweeted it?

Absolutely no idea
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#108 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Absolutely no idea

Oh right! Can't be that cringeworthy then...  :sarcastic:

Posted Image

#109 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Oh right! Can't be that cringeworthy then...  :sarcastic:

Oh it can - anyway I don't want to ruin the thread, I've already swayed a little off topic

Posted Image

#110 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Going to Dewsbury on loan apparently....

http://www1.skysport...ry-Rams-on-loan

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#111 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

And currently training with the U19's.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users