Declan Hulme

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Declan has been awarded a new contract at Widnes . Obviously rated highly down there and good news for him , especially after getting injured . Get well soon and well done to him .

#2 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Well I hope eventually gets a chance in the Widnes first team as a centre.

#3 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Declan has been awarded a new contract at Widnes . Obviously rated highly down there and good news for him , especially after getting injured . Get well soon and well done to him .

Was chatting with his grandad in Warrington earlier this week and he tells me his ankle might need surgery to rectify an old issue.However he said Declan was optimistic he could get the season out of the way first and loves coming upto Workington. He just wishes he could play and train more regular in position that does him justice.

Congrats on the new contract I know he got a good few offers from championship clubs and one SL - so Widnes have done well to keep him especially on a one year deal ;)   maybe they are resigned to losing phelps and fancy giving hulme a crack next year??

Edited by wonderofwood, 06 June 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

So how he is at the moment in regards to fitness ?

#5 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

So how he is at the moment in regards to fitness ?

From what his grandad said he has damaged his ligaments but not as bad as when he did them last year . He reckoned he could play again next week ( these kids heal qucik dont they !! )  but a decision had to be made on whether he was going to go under the knife and have them stregthened so he can have a full pre season ? bit gutting for the lad as when I was with him watching you v Hunslet he was really looking forward to full time training. I think his grandad said he was going for a scan and that will determine what route they take ?? 

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,791 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Thanks chief

#7 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Was chatting with his grandad in Warrington earlier this week and he tells me his ankle might need surgery to rectify an old issue.However he said Declan was optimistic he could get the season out of the way first and loves coming upto Workington. He just wishes he could play and train more regular in position that does him justice.

Congrats on the new contract I know he got a good few offers from championship clubs and one SL - so Widnes have done well to keep him especially on a one year deal ;) maybe they are resigned to losing phelps and fancy giving hulme a crack next year??

According to Phelps he wants more money and lately not playing his best.Maybe Declan getting a chance next year and should be better next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users