Dan Toal

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Dan Toal has been given a 12 month suspended sentence.

#2 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

That's a relief as far as Raiders are concerned.

Posted Image

#3 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

Just hope that Dan has learnt his lesson.
He now has the opportunity to forge a decent career for himself. He has the talent.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Ah, that's good.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

travesty of justice, breaks someones jaw yet walks free. Shows what a farce the British judicial system is.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

if he does anything out of line while suspended he will go down and he has his 108 hours of community service to do as well so its not totally scott free lads

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well next time someone throws a punch at you just remember that its fine for them to do so.
Biggest joke is the club have stood by him, despite him pleading guilty. Contract should have been ripped up for what is a MAJOR breach of contract.

You are joking right?

#8 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Well next time someone throws a punch at you just remember that its fine for them to do so.
Biggest joke is the club have stood by him, despite him pleading guilty. Contract should have been ripped up for what is a MAJOR breach of contract.
What type of a message does this send out to kids - its ok, you can punch someone, break their jaw cause nothing bad happens to you for doing so.

The club stood by Andy Ballard and I never seen one complaint!!!

#9 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Move on guys, he's been sentenced and that should be the end of it. If you don’t agree with the punishment then complain to the public prosecutor, however I fail to see why he needs to be punished twice. If he had been sent down then I agree the club should revoke his contract due to contractual availability. This is not an option I would have looked for and I wonder why certain people are posting for his head.

He is not the first player convicted of a criminal act nor will he be the last.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#10 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Move on guys, he's been sentenced and that should be the end of it. If you don’t agree with the punishment then complain to the public prosecutor, however I fail to see why he needs to be punished twice. If he had been sent down then I agree the club should revoke his contract due to contractual availability. This is not an option I would have looked for and I wonder why certain people are posting for his head. [/size]
[/size] 
He is not the first player convicted of a criminal act nor will he be the last.[/size]

Spot on.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#11 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Moderating note:  8 posts deleted.

And the line was crossed...

Strong opinions are perfectly fine but we cross the line when there's abuse thrown at other posters.  Also, blatant trolling is also a bit of a no-no around sensitive subjects like this.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

sorry moderator i fail to see what was wrong with me pointing out that Dan was was not contracted at the time of the incident! I know this for a fact as the date was reported in the paper and I signed his initial contract in 2012!

In my opinion you have removed perfectly reasonable posts.

Edited by soss, 12 June 2013 - 10:25 PM.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#13 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

sorry moderator i fail to see what was wrong with me pointing out that Dan was was not contracted at the time of the incident! I know this for a fact as the date was reported in the paper and I signed his initial contract in 2012!

In my opinion you have removed perfectly reasonable posts.

How do you know he hadn't signed his contract ?

#14 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Whats the point in continuing if perfectly fine posts are deleted by moderators, where was the line crossed?, if you are going to delete posts at least give valid reasons for deleting rather than the attempt you did

This forum is boring enough, it was banter, and certainly no blatant trolling, poor moderating

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Whats the point in continuing if perfectly fine posts are deleted by moderators, where was the line crossed?, if you are going to delete posts at least give valid reasons for deleting rather than the attempt you did

This forum is boring enough, it was banter, and certainly no blatant trolling, poor moderating

Agreed and well said mate ... must admit I never thought I would agree with you Rooster lol

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#16 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Agreed and well said mate ... must admit I never thought I would agree with you Rooster lol

Lol Morty, feel the love  :haha:

#17 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

I was quite enjoying our banter Rooster...lol

#18 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Me too Soss lad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users