TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Martin Morgan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Another shocking piece of **** stirring journalism in tonights N&S :rtfm:  A full page telling the Town faithfull to be very careful in what they wish for regarding Charlo and Oggys future employment. If I'm not mistaken there have only been a couple of fans on here questioning their ability at this level, I commented myself about the strange substitutions, but never called for them to be replaced, They have both done a fantastic job at Town and the vast majority a fully supportive of them.

The frustration of the last couple of dissapointing results no doubt created a knee jerk reaction in a couple of people, but I think Martin will find we are a usually a very forgiving bunch at Workington. Compare that with the hysteria from the deluded ones when they lose a game, they want the coach, BOD, groundsman and tea lady shown the door. No article about them though......wonder why. :rtfm:

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

We shouldn't be surprised any more about what MM writes. This week in his piece in the WNews about players not being available he quotes the Haven coach blaming "fixture planning" for the mix-up, yet I wrote on here on 15th February that Haven had asked for their match at Sheffield to be moved from the Thursday to the Sunday!!!! That was reported in one of the twoRL papers.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

the thing that irks me is that people dont seem to think fans can have an opinion. and thats all it is, a personal opinion. its not as if theres been any chants on the terraces for the coaches heads. posters who have mentioned a possible change at the top have all said what a great job they have both done for us, nothing malicious, just people voicing there opinions which were all more than entitled to have.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Everyone's entitled to free opinions , I agree , it's what makes this place such a good read . I do think the end of this year may be time for a fresh start while appreciating the fantastic job these guys have done . If not so be it , my support won't change , ,but everything has a shelf life in sport , that's all , not sinister .Maybe we need new ideas to push us on in style and results ? And journalists can write what they want , agree or disagree , that's the way it is !! If stirring it is , well that's part of the job description for column writers !

Edited by DavidM, 07 June 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#5 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

I refuse to buy the paper until the likes of MM are shown the door. So I obviously will be saving quite a bit of money over the next few years. I therefore can't comment on the article without reading it, but what I will say is that it shows that certain repulsive individuals can't be bothered to get off their chair and try to do a bit of journalism. Instead they are trawling fans forums looking for a chance to cause a stir. If a couple of fans expressing their own opinion is worth a full page article then the bloke wants to have a serious look at himself. 

The fact that we had at least as many posts on here as was on the Haven site wishing Rodney Pora well when he had to leave, shows that the rivalry is just banter among 99% of the fans. I work with many Haven fans and the crack is brilliant. But despite all the banter they are all still my mates. The fact some people have to take the local bias into their professional lives and air it because they have the power to do so is a sad reflection on themselves, and worse still is that they are allowed to do it by their employers.

What's the bets he will be reading this congratulating himself as he has a whole topic with his name at the top??  

Pathetic........

Edited by The Voodooguru, 07 June 2013 - 06:48 PM.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users