• 694 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Scored a hatrick for Leeds tonight. That's the last we Will see of him

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Chuffed to bits for the lad, been superb for our club, given everything for our shirt in ever game he's played and deserved his chance tonight, so glad he's taken it with both hands, yes he won't play for us again this season, which is a blow, but anyone who puts in the commitment and performances he has for us deserves to be playing at a higher level! Great success story of dual registration!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Chuffed to bits for the lad, been superb for our club, given everything for our shirt in ever game he's played and deserved his chance tonight, so glad he's taken it with both hands, yes he won't play for us again this season, which is a blow, but anyone who puts in the commitment and performances he has for us deserves to be playing at a higher level! Great success story of dual registration!

But leaves Hunslet in the dog dirt.

Who can fill his boots? Who will want to?

#4 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Don't begrudge the lad any success. He's been fully committed to our cause and deserve a crack at the top level.

Love to see him sign for Wigan.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

thanks for the memories jimmy, i said earlier in the season he was the best hunslet centre for a long long time.

Posted Image

#6 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Good luck to the lad, deserves all the success he gets. To be fair he's the only player ive seen with any real quality at hunslet in the past 10 years
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Said from day 1 hes a miles better centre than Ablett, looks like tonight hes proved it.
Posted Image

#8 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

been to Headingly tonight, cant believe he wasn't given man of the match. agree with all the above comments, the guy has given 100% to the Hawks in every game. he deserves a run in their first team,

#9 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

Perfectly put Blackpool, he was Hunslets Franz Beckenbauer. Now he will be the same for Leeds.Class act. And YES great success story of duel reg.

#10 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

But leaves Hunslet in the dog dirt.

Who can fill his boots? Who will want to?

To be fair Daz , he got us out of the dog dirt. 11 try's 12 games.

And no-one can fill his boots.

And the answer to your last question, any player with ambition.

#11 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

Singo getting big raps from Leeds fans as well

Posted Image

#12 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Singo getting big raps from Leeds fans as well

was very good again last night

#13 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Good luck jimmy you deserve it fella,never played a bad game for us.So who will take his place,who would you put in.

#14 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Aston Wilson should be ready soon, big shoes to fill though

Posted Image

#15 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Haughey could go to centre, I'd like to see Oakes come back into the second row then

#16 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Thought Keinhorst had a bit of a mare in last nights Leeds v Widnes game.  A bit leaky in the tackles and at least one of the try's were down to his missed tackle.  I do like the lad and he does well for Hunslet, hope it was a one off and BM doesn't decide to drop him on the back of that.  Saying that I hope he does so we can have him back.  I expect we won't be having any D/R for this weeks game.

#17 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Thought Keinhorst had a bit of a mare in last nights Leeds v Widnes game.  A bit leaky in the tackles and at least one of the try's were down to his missed tackle.  I do like the lad and he does well for Hunslet, hope it was a one off and BM doesn't decide to drop him on the back of that.  Saying that I hope he does so we can have him back.  I expect we won't be having any D/R for this weeks game.

He had a superb game compared to Ian Kirke  :jester:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#18 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

cant honestly see u getting any DR players from here on in with all the long term injuries at the rhinos right , but it gives the next generation the chance they have been waiting

Edited by blackhawk, 18 June 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#19 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

If I am the only person who thinks this then so be it.

I have been one of the few that have harped on about giving the young ones a chance and I am glad this has finally happened.  However, I must admit I haven’t been to see Sutcliffe in many U19 games this season, but I have heard on twitter and forums like this how he is the next big thing and how terrific he is as a player.   Errr HHmmmm.

I have seen him play in the last 3 or so games and he may be a good second rower eventually, but as a Stand Off – No.  Last night he threw the ball left, then he threw the ball right.  There was no kicking game at all and no ‘show and go’ or dancing in front of the defensive line.  He didn’t ask any questions of the opposition at all.

Yes he scored a reasonable try from 5 yards but that doesn’t make him a star.  I expected to see much more from a kid who is so highly rated by others.  Was he told not to kick or try anything that might make him look good?  For me we had an extra 2nd rower but lost a half back with him playing.

I am sure he is a nice lad and I don’t want to sound as though this is a Vickery slating type thread – but come on.  I know many a player who Leeds have let go who are playing in the Championship who offered much more than I have seen here.  Even Ollie Olds who went to Aus offered so much more.  Even that kid is it Ben Johnston at Cas (D/R) with York is way above and beyond what I have seen so far.

For a big six footer like he is mould him into a JJB or a 13, but deffo not a 6,7 or 9.

IMO of course.   :ph34r:

#20 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Think you watched a different game to the rest of us and/or are expecting far to much from an 18 year old playing his 4th or 5th game

Edited by noname6, 18 June 2013 - 12:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users