Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

jimmy keinhorst

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Nope - sure it was the same one !!

Not one kick from Sutcliffe.  Nor did he play at S/O.  If anything he was playing a LF/SR with Singleton acting as another prop.  Which meant Leeds had a hooker and 1 half back.  Hence leaky in the middle and them breaking the line xxx amount of times.

#22 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Leeds were leaky in the middle because kirke is ###### and macca can't do a 'proper' tackle to save his life, nothing to do with Sutcliffe playing 6.

Yes he didn't kick the ball but wasn't required to do, Burrow and macca both have good kicking games so they were 1st and 2nd choice kickers. Much like burrow doesn't kick much when Sinfield and McGuire are playing.

#23 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

Think you watched a different game to the rest of us and/or are expecting far to much from an 18 year old playing his 4th or 5th game

i have to agree hes not a stand off ?

#24 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Nope - sure it was the same one !!

Not one kick from Sutcliffe.  Nor did he play at S/O.  If anything he was playing a LF/SR with Singleton acting as another prop.  Which meant Leeds had a hooker and 1 half back.  Hence leaky in the middle and them breaking the line xxx amount of times.

Maybe the game plan was to let Burrow and Mcshane kick,you know,let the experienced players do what they do best.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#25 Artful Dogger

Artful Dogger
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

If I am the only person who thinks this then so be it.
I have been one of the few that have harped on about giving the young ones a chance and I am glad this has finally happened. However, I must admit I haven’t been to see Sutcliffe in many U19 games this season, but I have heard on twitter and forums like this how he is the next big thing and how terrific he is as a player. Errr HHmmmm.
I have seen him play in the last 3 or so games and he may be a good second rower eventually, but as a Stand Off – No. Last night he threw the ball left, then he threw the ball right. There was no kicking game at all and no ‘show and go’ or dancing in front of the defensive line. He didn’t ask any questions of the opposition at all.
Yes he scored a reasonable try from 5 yards but that doesn’t make him a star. I expected to see much more from a kid who is so highly rated by others. Was he told not to kick or try anything that might make him look good? For me we had an extra 2nd rower but lost a half back with him playing.
I am sure he is a nice lad and I don’t want to sound as though this is a Vickery slating type thread – but come on. I know many a player who Leeds have let go who are playing in the Championship who offered much more than I have seen here. Even Ollie Olds who went to Aus offered so much more. Even that kid is it Ben Johnston at Cas (D/R) with York is way above and beyond what I have seen so far.
For a big six footer like he is mould him into a JJB or a 13, but deffo not a 6,7 or 9.
IMO of course. :ph34r:

no show and go??? he made hock look stupid

#26 Neverumind3

Neverumind3
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

I take it you was doing the washing up when sutcliffe put the footwork on hock n went through the gap to make burrows second try, he didnt need to kick mcshane controlled that. Baldwinson looks a beast hope hes at the south leeds next season for a few games

#27 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

I take it you was doing the washing up when sutcliffe put the footwork on hock n went through the gap to make burrows second try, he didnt need to kick mcshane controlled that. Baldwinson looks a beast hope hes at the south leeds next season for a few games

On his way to the NRL.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#28 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

On his way to the NRL.

new Zealand warriors
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#29 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

i remember Billy Baldwinson from the great Wembley era team of 1965, think Billy is Jordan,s grandad

Posted Image

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

i remember Billy Baldwinson from the great Wembley era team of 1965, think Billy is Jordan,s grandad

He is Steve , only 18 and as played for england , been on tour to France , Australia ,looks to have a good future in the game...........

#31 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Billy was a decent forward rick , very unfortunate he played at a time when there was only 2 subs and we had a formidable pack of Hartley Prior Eyre Ramsey Gunney and Ward
Posted Image

#32 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I was loading the dishwasher darling -

Not fussed if either of these come to Hunslet next season - Who is Baldwinson going to be in front off?  Haughey, Haigh, Menzies, Hayley? Doubt any of these!

#33 Neverumind3

Neverumind3
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

I was loading the dishwasher darling -

Not fussed if either of these come to Hunslet next season - Who is Baldwinson going to be in front off? Haughey, Haigh, Menzies, Hayley? Doubt any of these!

Arnt a couple of our forward pack retiring at the end of this season?
So u dont want him at hunslet but New Zealand warriors want him? I think I know whos judgement I trust!

#34 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Are you guys who are pushing this really that shallow?
Baldwinson is an 18 year old kid. They don't want him to drop into the NRL and play first team like the Burgess brothers do. They want him to do what Daniel Smith, Ollie Olds, josh Vievers etc etc are doing. Go over to Aus on a reasonable salary and play in either their equivalent of the U20s or at most the Toyota Cup (whatever it's called now) to prove themselves.
He is not YET any better than what we have and probably not as good as what we have at this moment in time.
Why do you think SL teams keep oldies in their pack. It's because they are big, experienced and nasty.
Your argument is like saying bring the Rhinos U16s full back in because he is a good prospect. But yet, he wouldn't be better than Watson, Kain or Bush.

#35 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Lol. Wasn't being rude. Maybe I have got it wrong as everyone is raving over Baldwinson. I just seem to be the minority and trying to get my opinion across too.
Just trying to say he is too young for our team to make any difference hence the mention of the U16s FB.
Who is Your Jimmy? Don't know one?

#36 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

However......i did wonder what happened to a few players this season.

Bush is explained. Wheres, Buttery, doodler, hodgson, nathaniel?

Edited by Gazmeister, 19 June 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#37 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Dooler = Sharlston

#38 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Buttery playing at Hunslet Warriors , he would'nt play for B.E........There's a lot of players who are world beaters when there at school but don't get any better when they get older or some get better as they get older , in my year at Parkside high school , were players like Kelvin Skerrett , Paul Morgan , Mark Newsome , Mark Wood , year above that at the same school were Gary Schofield , Andy Bateman , Dave Creaser , Neil Rayner , some went on to better things , some did'nt , Buttery and Paul Mcshane were both players of there year at Leeds (i think) , only time will tell with Jordan , the thing is with the Hunslet players that are now gunna be called up because the D/R players ar'nt available , will they give 100% knowing that they'll be dropped when the injuries clear up at Leeds...........

#39 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

Buttery playing at Hunslet Warriors , he would'nt play for B.E........There's a lot of players who are world beaters when there at school but don't get any better when they get older or some get better as they get older , in my year at Parkside high school , were players like Kelvin Skerrett , Paul Morgan , Mark Newsome , Mark Wood , year above that at the same school were Gary Schofield , Andy Bateman , Dave Creaser , Neil Rayner , some went on to better things , some did'nt , Buttery and Paul Mcshane were both players of there year at Leeds (i think) , only time will tell with Jordan , the thing is with the Hunslet players that are now gunna be called up because the D/R players ar'nt available , will they give 100% knowing that they'll be dropped when the injuries clear up at Leeds...........

You stupid boy

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#40 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

You stupid boy

Hello stranger , thought her in doors had confiscated your dongle , where you been..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users