13 replies to this topic

#1 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Is this Jason Walton?  He was seen signing papers with Brian Noble

Attached Files

Edited by petesmithfan, 08 June 2013 - 11:38 AM.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

Is this Jason Walton?  He was seen signing papers with Brian Noble

No he's not that tall.

#3 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Looks like him.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Good player Walton especially now he's over his fumble phase. Would be good to see another Batley player move up into fulltime rugby and must be a big selling point for the club to attract new talent if they know the quality of coaching could give a leg up in superleague!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 Theboyem

Theboyem
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

There is a rumour on Salfords forum that he has signed for them.

#6 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Signed for 2014 or with immediate effect? Or just a rumour?

Edited by Bi11, 08 June 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#7 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

No great loss if he as good player but very rarely makes right decsion when to stick or pass . Very fustrating player to watch when u have such quality wingers outside of him imho

#8 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

There is a rumour on Salfords forum that he has signed for them.

A surprise if true. I was under the impression Salford where signing players to challenge Wigan, Leeds etc....Walton is having a good season in the Championship but I cannot see him improving the current Salford team.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#9 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Jason is shown in Batleys' starting line up for this afternoon in the Sky Sports Score Centre.

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Apparently a number of players (not just Batley ones) are signing with SL clubs for next season already. It would seem that this doesn't contradict RFL regulations provided that they would be out of contract when their new one comes into effect. Not so many decent Aussies or NZ players available now that they have their massive tv deal, and the effects of this may cascade down into the Championship.

I believe that it has been widely reported, for example, that England (Fev) has signed a three year contract for Warrington or Widnes beginning next season.

Expect lots more movement at the end of this season.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

It sounds like an impoverished SL and an impoverished Championship next season.

Apparently a number of players (not just Batley ones) are signing with SL clubs for next season already. It would seem that this doesn't contradict RFL regulations provided that they would be out of contract when their new one comes into effect. Not so many decent Aussies or NZ players available now that they have their massive tv deal, and the effects of this may cascade down into the Championship.

I believe that it has been widely reported, for example, that England (Fev) has signed a three year contract for Warrington or Widnes beginning next season.

Expect lots more movement at the end of this season.

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

It sounds like an impoverished SL and an impoverished Championship next season.

Yep. Given the NRL tv deal no decent Aussies will come over here to play. In addition quite a number of British lads will be tempted to try their arm over there, given the potential rewards. Add in the ra-ras pinching anyone who can run (preferably called Timmy) and I reckon we'll all need to bring our boots to games next season.

Except Piggys Mate, obviously. Things haven't yet got that bad.

:onthequiet:

Edited by Blind side johnny, 10 June 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

:lol: God help us all if the ex Earlsheaton comp and Shawcross Boys club super sub ever has to don his boots again BSJ

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yep. Given the NRL tv deal no decent Aussies will come over here to play. In addition quite a number of British lads will be tempted to try their arm over there, given the potential rewards. Add in the ra-ras pinching anyone who can run (preferably called Timmy) and I reckon we'll all need to bring our boots to games next season.

Except Piggys Mate, obviously. Things haven't yet got that bad.

Bit harsh assuming anybody who plays RU is called timmy BSJ - I played it for a few years and my names Rupert. :onthequiet:

:onthequiet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users