TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh East

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

My IQ is slightly higher than 7 I am qualified to Masters Degree level thankyou....

If the case presented by East was honest then I would champion the cause massively - Leigh needs two successful amateur rugby league teams - but present a honest case....you all know that isn't the truth -political point scoring and using the youth set up as a hostage.... 

I hope you succeed in fighting the battle alone - you wont though if you take the stance that you are - a bit like when your transport didn't turn up / broke down at Skirlaugh...... it didn't did it.... look at yourselves before throwing stones at me or the MIGHTY Leigh Miners - a couple of "friendlies" would go a long way to helping you but tell the truth - you never owned your own ground ever.... you were never masters of your own destiny....you were never the most successful amateur league club going and having a go at the council and Andy Burnham MP (one of the most sincere honourable people I have ever met in my life) is not the way forward.....

Grow a pair be honest and we will all pull behind you.... ALL of us....good luck.... don't use kids - it is cheap....

And a good morning to you scrumhalf 7 !!!!!!!

Leigh East do not use kids we are fighting for them.

Everything that has been posted on the forums from East representatives has be honest and truthful, and the sad  thing is such a well educated man like yourself can only see one side to this story.

If anything posted was lies and slanderous then I'm sure their would be legal implications.

We have a lot of Good friends and good support from Leigh Miners and we thank them  , we are fighting for our own identity and to be in control of our destiny .

We have been on the end of 6 years of fighting since moving to the village and we want to see an end to this and an amicable outcome for everybody.

Keith Latham has posted that we had a positive meeting with Andy Burnham last night, and I agree with you he is a gentleman and wants things to be resolved.

I don't really want to grow a pair thanks, but its comments like your post that drives wedges between clubs.

#42 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

Scrum half seven , you belittle the great name of Leigh miners , I'm shocked at your post . Our under 18s will try today to close the gap in our successes. You do not speak for your club of that I'm sure . And I'm sure taxi egg and Leigh miners 1 will endorse that . Your posts are the only negative ones that we have had in this campaign . Would you care to tell us who you are , if your a player . That's if you have any BALLS

#43 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

For the the good of the game the squabling should stop and every club get behind east,had some great days ther in the last few years,fantastic set up

#44 Scrumhalf7

Scrumhalf7
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just signed your petition and fully behind your fight for survival

I think it's called banter....

Good luck with it... It is massively important grass roots rugby and youth rugby prosper in Leigh...

Merely wind ups.... That stated, I don't fully understand if a contractual arrangement or lease was in place how the council can act outside the terms within that contract without being in breach of those terms and therefore not having a leg to stand on??

What has allowed the to take the club back over fully? Has there been an initial breach by East if so what was that - that is all I meant..

If they are just acting like fascists or merely attempting to increase income / profit then I'm with Leigh East 100% and that's something I didn't think I'd say ...

Ps. Calm down fight the fight and good luck with it !

#45 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

Thank you scrumhalf7 for signing the petition , everybody likes a good bit of banter , but in worrying times as Leigh East have at the minute we haven't seen it like that , so apologies.

Leigh East entered an agreement with the council 7 years ago , for like for like terms ,  on the back of a Sport England grant of £850,000 for new clubhouse and pitches for Leigh East ARLFC.

If you read some of the facts on the other forums about how much money is being lost/ mismanaged by the village, then we can only presume that they want to increase income/profit by taking the bar and function rooms from Leigh East.

Thanks for your support. We have now 5000 signatures.

#46 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Probably not dropped yet.

Scrum half seven , you belittle the great name of Leigh miners , I'm shocked at your post . Our under 18s will try today to close the gap in our successes. You do not speak for your club of that I'm sure . And I'm sure taxi egg and Leigh miners 1 will endorse that . Your posts are the only negative ones that we have had in this campaign . Would you care to tell us who you are , if your a player . That's if you have any BALLS

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#47 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

Easts maybe struggling off and on the pitch but they still produces talent, as the news that Sam Hopkins has signed with Wigan proves. This goes to show what easts mean to the youth in leigh. Hope you win the fight.

#48 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Been in meetings all day with Wigan council and our solicitor and a press release will be issued ASAP , I'm a very happy man tonight

#49 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

Been in meetings all day with Wigan council and our solicitor and a press release will be issued ASAP , I'm a very happy man tonight

Sounding good Mr C

#50 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yes it does , bound by confidentiality for now but happy

#51 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

I am told, following a meetings, Leigh East have retained the control of the clubhouse and bar. The Council have accepted a compromise

Official news to follow

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#52 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Lets stay calm and wait for things to be confirmed before we party ;)

#53 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Just like to thank everyone for there support it really as been amazing , thank you from the bottom of my heartb

A joint statement from Leigh East Rugby Club and Wigan Council:

Negotiations between Leigh East Rugby Club and Wigan Council over the running of Leigh Sports Village have reached a satisfactory conclusion, with an agreement reached between both parties. Leigh East will retain the bar and function room facility, whilst agreeing to pay sums to Wigan Council towards running costs and training.

Jim Hoffman, spokesperson for Leigh East, said: “I am delighted that we have been able to come to an arrangement with the council which enables us to retain our bar, and have some control over the future of our club. The next few years are going to be a challenge for us, but I am confident that with the overwhelming support we have had from our members and the public at large, we can rise to that challenge and can concentrate on developing our rugby club. The last few years have been difficult for us, but we now feel that we can move forward and work in partnership with the management of Leigh Sports Village for the good of our club, the Sports Village and the community. We are grateful to Andy Burnham and to our solicitor, Karen Baker for their support of Leigh East and for their help in negotiating this arrangement.”

The Leader of Wigan Council, Lord Peter Smith, said: “Wigan Council has been in discussion with Leigh East Rugby Club about the future operations of the pavilion at Leigh Sports Village. We are very pleased to have reached an agreement which we believe ensures the future of the facility for both Leigh East, and the wider community. We are happy that our discussions with the club have led to a resolution in a short period of time, and we continue to support Leigh East and their excellent work in the community.”

Heyman & Co; Solicitors
44 Church Street Leigh, Lancs WN7 1AZ
Tel: 01942 604135
Fax: 01942 261539

#54 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Excellent news.

#55 flatfell

flatfell