Today's 'Performance'

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Go on then Chambers what's the word for that steaming pile today. Once again the team is a joke and a laughing stock what the hell do you practice in training because it certainly isn't rugby league.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#2 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Rather have no club than be subjected to that every week, we've just got nothing to offer on matchday anymore we look clueless and apathetic

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Only my fourth game this season .I couldn't fault the effort,we desperately needed a score after all the early pressure we had and the try Batley scored on half time wS a killer.The sin binning at the start of the second half was what ultimately led to the one sided shoreline.With today's results we are bottom and in deep trouble,on a positive note Samir looked promising.We desperately need the Hawkyard brothers and Watto back in the team ASAP before a gap opens up at the bottom of the table.

#4 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Good debuts for both new lads, totally agree we need the Hawkyards back in the team.
For 30 or so minutes we were in that game against a side that has lost three times this season a marked improvement on last week.
Our three home games against the lower end clubs at home are now crucial.

#5 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

What you say is right Alan. It's just a bit worrying when a 46-10 home defeat represents a marked improvement.

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

We could have been in the game with some ideas in attack in the first 30 minutes  but unfortunately we were devoid.

The sinbinning of Morrison alone was harsh. Surely in a fight both would get sin binned.

It changed the game. No doubt we were going to lose but not by such a margin. Four tries in the ten minutes Morrison was off.

Then we gave up pretty much.

Very disappointing at times we really look like  men against boys.

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

Dont know why thats all underlined!

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

The worrying thing is that the other teams around us seem to be performing reasonably well.Will wins in the home games against Keighley,Barrow and York be enough to save us?

#9 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

That's assuming we win them

#10 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

... we really look like  men against boys.

That's how you could describe it I suppose. In our league we have the 'Big 5' ("the men") at the top, Sheffield (top 43 pts) and Leigh (5th 34 pts). Below Leigh, adrift in 6th place on 25 pts we have Dewsbury who lead a pack of also-rans ("the boys"). Playing any of the top five is a bit like going up against opposition from an actual higher league as it were, the Championship Premier league.

We simply had no answer to Batley's (as also with Fax last time) sheer pace and well drilled backing up routines.

:tease:  :yahoo:  :sungum:

#11 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Bad day all round today for the Lions, seeing some of the other results involving the teams around us.  worrying times

#12 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

The only players to perform today with any credit were Danny Bridge and Samir.
No leader,no direction. Ian Watson cannot return fast enough. Our so called half backs Ianson and Ainscough were none existant. How much longer do we give Chambers. I suppose he will be given more time otherwise it will appear a poor decision to appoint him. If there is no improvement shortly we will drop out of the division.

#13 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Just an observation from watching Chambers and I've heard that he's highly regarded by some of the players but for me there doesn't seem to be anything about him.He never seems to get animated or enthusiastic .Maybe that's just how he is but I just can't envisage him being inspirational .

#14 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Ask Warrington?

#15 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yesterday was bad and yes most players dont seem to be performing but for me chambers must take full responsibility, we look clueless in attack, and if anything were getting worse and any half decent coach should be able to coach a few basic plays in to the team but for me hes improved nothing.

Sadly we are now In big trouble!

Ps. I don't care that he as come from Warrington but hes simply not doing the job.

Wayne

#16 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Should have given the job to watto, I reckon the lads would have at least respected him more.

#17 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well I thought Watto for the job all along but I'm still behind Mr Chambers because as we've seen on tv tonight its not just who the coach is but the attitude within the players individually and as a group which is most important.
A magician couldn't have hynotised Salfords 17 into a decent performance and our team too appears to have lost all self belief and resilience. Would a change of coach change that? I doubt it.

We have chopped and changed a great deal this season and I think we have to give the man in charge a chance...in my opinion just for the sake of stability if nothing else. ..

#18 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Personally I think the lack of ideas on attack was the down fall of the team yesterday - was it 18 straight play the balls and nothing to show for it, we dominated most of the first half and came away 12 points down. We never run from deep - so the "long" pass is easy to pick off when the attacking line is flat, our half backs were creating very little but on the occasion when Chaz made a half break there was no one backing up.

So the 2nd half was always going to be difficult as all the effort had been spent in the first - had the team scored a try in the first half I think the result would have been different. Morrison going to the sin bin was the turning point for me - I just think the team gave it their best shot in the first half and ran out of steam early on in the second.

The main problem I see now is one of confidence, on the back of two bad defeats - I fear for the team on Thursday against a much improved Doncaster and if the team does lose then I think survival in Championship 1 will be tough.

#19 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

I think survival in Championship 1 will be tough.

Crikey Wayne......I hope we'd be able to hold our own down there at least!!!!! ;)

#20 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

The main problem I see now is one of confidence, on the back of two bad defeats - I fear for the team on Thursday against a much improved Doncaster and if the team does lose then I think survival in Championship 1 will be tough.

You do know that that this is a cup game on Thursday? Would be harsh to relegate us for getting knocked out of he cup.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users