Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today's 'Performance'

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

OK I meant to say Championship - also I know its a cup match but another defeat regardless of the fact it is a cup match, will knock the teams confidence - especially against a team we beat earlier in the season.........and for me building confidence (and some ideas on attack) is key to the teams survival in the league.............I am sure the coaching staff are aware of this..........

#22 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

OK I meant to say Championship - also I know its a cup match but another defeat regardless of the fact it is a cup match, will knock the teams confidence - especially against a team we beat earlier in the season.........and for me building confidence (and some ideas on attack) is key to the teams survival in the league.............I am sure the coaching staff are aware of this..........

I agree Wayne.

This is a match which could do wonders for a team low on confidence and for me a good win is essential to help us push on in the league.

It's going to be tight but I still think we will stay up.

#23 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yesterday was bad and yes most players dont seem to be performing but for me chambers must take full responsibility, we look clueless in attack, and if anything were getting worse and any half decent coach should be able to coach a few basic plays in to the team but for me hes improved nothing.

Sadly we are now In big trouble!

Ps. I don't care that he as come from Warrington but hes simply not doing the job.

Wayne

I know what you mean Wayne but do you honestly think GC doesnt work on moves during training? The days of training by running up and down the field passing the ball across the line and back are well over. Even a bad coach practices moves in both attack and defence.
The problem may lay in whoever assesses the defensive line in front of him and then sets up the move. We dont have anyone to do that at the moment. If the move isnt called correctly or not understood then it breaks down.

We need Watson fit to direct the gang or another midfield bully to sort it out!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#24 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

I know what you mean Wayne but do you honestly think GC doesnt work on moves during training? The days of training by running up and down the field passing the ball across the line and back are well over. Even a bad coach practices moves in both attack and defence.
The problem may lay in whoever assesses the defensive line in front of him and then sets up the move. We dont have anyone to do that at the moment. If the move isnt called correctly or not understood then it breaks down.

We need Watson fit to direct the gang or another midfield bully to sort it out!

I Understand Watto may feature on Thursday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users