TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Today

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Very proud of our team and performance today Marchy was outstanding today Moore put a right shift in as did all the lads

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Proud to be Hunslet today, best performance of the season against a top side! Can't fault anyone of our lads all played great! We should have won the game, if only we would have gone for the drop goal at 24 all instead of running it! Watson, Moore & Maples all oustanding for me! As for Laughton, well what can you say shouldn't be officiating at this level, he hasn't even got the professionalism to tuck his shirt in never mind get basis calls right!

Even in defeat I'm a very happy man tonight, played 3 of the top 4 teams in recent weeks and been close to beating all 3 of them, 8 teams to play around us now, on this showing we will beat most of them!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Proud to be Hunslet today, best performance of the season against a top side! Can't fault anyone of our lads all played great! We should have won the game, if only we would have gone for the drop goal at 24 all instead of running it! Watson, Moorie & Maples all oustanding for me! As for Laughton, well what can you say shouldn't be officiating at this level, he hasn't even got the professionalism to tuck his shirt in never mind get basis calls right!

Even in defeat I'm a very happy man tonight, played 3 of the top 4 teams in recent weeks and been close to beating all 3 of them, 8 teams to play around us now, on this showing we will beat most of them!

i agree with all of the above we now have to beat the teams around us

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

How we missed Keinhorst today, if he had played we would have won that game! Great effort though, all the fans were behind us and showed some real passion today, that's the most positive I've seen Hunslet fans walking away from a game this season, so proud of the teams efforts!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

great effort today came away happy with performance, then i saw donny had won at fev & worky had beat leigh.How many teams go down ?

#6 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

I think 2 teams go down.

How we missed Keinhorst today, if he had played we would have won that game! Great effort though, all the fans were behind us and showed some real passion today, that's the most positive I've seen Hunslet fans walking away from a game this season, so proud of the teams efforts!

So true Blackpool, you said everything that I was going to post. 

How quiet was the Halifax fans , you would have thought they had lost today.

And yes with Keinhorst we would have won this game.

#7 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

and for the first time this season we looked like a team.

#8 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Two go down😳

Wow, what a great game that was. I am D March's biggest Critić but hats off to him today. If he had crossed that line in the 75th minute then he would have been MOTM for me.

Too many to say who had brill games. All I have said lately is get a kicking game. My word we kicked for England. Well done to the Coyles. Brilliant bombs and Fax were flapping under the high ball more than we were. Well done Watson must have caught all 15 of the high kicks at least. Bet they thought of changing their game plan as the bombs were not working for them. Again, Coyles were throwing the ball out wide and brought our backs in. We really looked dangerous on our set pieces.
Moore brill again. Maples working hard. Kain did well on the wing and had some breaks. Forwards did allot of work.

We need to sort the 40/20s out. Our FB cannot cover 250sq meters (50 x 50). Wingers have to get back and cover.

Barry Eaton was a bit quieter on the mic today and I didn't see him dancing over the chairs. Can't deny his passion for this club and the closeness of his back room staff.

Well done all cant wait for next week.

#9 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Great game today we should have had them role on swinton. :-)

#10 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Credit to both sets of players today. It must have been difficult in the heat but they both slugged it out to the end. A great game and top performance from our lads. I'm really looking forward to the next 4 matches. On today's performance we can take maximum points.

Great atmosphere on the top tier.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

All 17 put a top shift in today , both teams were out on their feets at the end , Ronnie was 5hite again , great result..............

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

James Coyle was quality today really made us tick, first time we have had some direction this season, we had some real structure to our attacks and we threw the ball about more today than we have all season!

#13 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Not often both sets of supporters stay behind to clap both teams off, but it was no more than both teams deserved after the best match at SLS for at least a couple of years.

Not sure we could have done much more than we did to try and win (maybe we would have if Uncle Ronnie hadn't been holding the whistle), but of course at 24-24 and five minutes to go a drop goal would have been the better option.

Marchy rolled back the years with his best game of the season, the back three of Watson, Mapals and Kain had belters, Haughey was on form again and these two new half-backs of ours looked like they'd played together before !!

And lo and behold, we had a kicking game that worked !! Maybe we will get that elusive 40/20 before the season is out !!

Pleasure to able to say, for the first time in a while, well done to coaches, players and all concerned.

Now, the next four games are all winnable. More of the same please and we won't be far short of 12 points from them ...

Edited by Hawkwindbag, 09 June 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#14 allanblue

allanblue
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

i agree thought hunslet were best team today 100% effort. we keep saying we should beat teams after such a good performance but we don't we need to stop conceeding pts in first half and play for 80 mins'

#15 myrtleflamewhite

myrtleflamewhite
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

Now the team has been found out...they can play!

It was a pleasure to watch

now lets hope its not swapped and changed and lets crack on like this for the rest of the season

#16 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

All our 17 today gave 100%, but a special mention to 2 of "our own" who came back from the wilderness--- JOHN OAKES and STUART KAIN.

#17 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

All 17 are 'our own' - on that performance do you think any of the Leeds lot put half a shift in?

Next seeason another 5 are likely to be here so we need to plan for that - perhaps a smaller squad so expectations are set.  We don't need a reserve side we could call on the Leeds U19s if we ever get down to bare bones. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a player or two going the other way to Leeds.

#18 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

All 17 are 'our own' - on that performance do you think any of the Leeds lot put half a shift in?

Next seeason another 5 are likely to be here so we need to plan for that - perhaps a smaller squad so expectations are set.  We don't need a reserve side we could call on the Leeds U19s if we ever get down to bare bones. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a player or two going the other way to Leeds.

reading the posts here are saying what a great performance this was ,not wishing to pour cold water on the performance ,but really u didnt win,,the ultimate aim is to win the game , its alright saying we shouldve won the game then u ask urself why? with such a great perfomance we didnt pull it off , its alright saying , we now play the teams around us,,but as u all know nothing is certain in this game , i really hope u can kick on and put some results together just tke one game at a time and see how it pans out , good luck in ur remaining gmes .

#19 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

Correct - it is all about winning and we didnt win.  But all season we have been saying this is a good Hunslet side who will eventually click and we have been waiting for it and it happened yesterday.

This low budget team isnt a Featherstone, Halifax or Sheffield but it was a toss of a coin who was going to win this one. 

We are all pleased because we put a good preformance in, I haven't heard coming from the Halifax camp that they only played a makeshift side with key players missing (like Batley keep saying).  So to be within 5 minutes of a draw (or had we chosen to drop goal at 75 mins) or win, we can take allot from this for the coming weeks.  If we put a poor shift in next week then its back to basics again.

So in summary, for a team who is on a shoestring; to play like this is as good as a win for us.  If we continue like this we could make the playoffs and cause an upset or two along the way.  Conversely - we are almost at the foot of the table so the work starts now.

#20 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

very unlucky to lose that, fax only attacked 3 times in the 1st half and somehow ended up 18-0 up after 30 mins.Their 3rd try not only had 1 forward pass in it but 2 ! Got to say Fax,s defence in the 1st 30 mins was awesome and won them in the end, we battered away at the line for ages and so nearly scored close in at least 6 times, however Fax held out and broke away to make it a lop sided 18-0.Pressure finally told and we pulled the game back to go in 18-12 after a great last 10 mins to the half.The 2nd half was nip and tuck and anybodys result at 24-24 with ten mins to go, however a wicked bounce of the ball from a kick sealed our fate and a drop goal killed us off.The best game down here though for a long time and even decent weather.Hard to pick a mom but Mapels does a mountain of work for a winger, Moore bossed the much vaunted fax pack and the new lad Coyle gave us a new direction at scrum half.The next 3 games are so crucial, lets build on this performance.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users